What kid of wax do you use

Might be the best, but carnauba wax breaks down quickly in the heat and sun.

Also, a proper "wax" job takes many products and many steps. I use to wash, clay bar, use a prewax, polish, then wax. Would take a couple days, but would look great.

Here is an example. I use to have a "kit" similar to this over 10 years ago. Was just as expensive back then.
http://www.zymol.com/zymolcompletekit-carbon.aspx

Last edited:
Might be the best, but carnauba wax breaks down quickly in the heat and sun.

Also, a proper "wax" job takes many products and many steps. I use to wash, clay bar, use a prewax, polish, then wax. Would take a couple days, but would look great.

Here is an example. I use to have a "kit" similar to this over 10 years ago. Was just as expensive back then.
ZYMOL COMPLETE KIT - CARBON

I used Zymol for the first time back in the 80's when I was stationed in Germany!

Seemed to work well, but didn't last.
It smelled good though :D

haha. after watching some of those vid, it makes me feel like i got a camaro on blocks in my front yard with a pitbull tied to a tire for using meguires wax. lmao.

that guiy is absolutely nuts. however thos cars do shine like no ther when he is done. guess if ur rich enough to buy a 500k car. u dont mind payin a couple grand to get it washed. (properly that is)

The only gripes I have about what I saw were:
Using a pressure washer? Really?
I would be scared about blowing something off the car. Also all the pressure can't be good for weatherstripping and such.
A hose with good filters is just fine.

Also, applying wax with bare hands. Better make sure your hands are clean. Remember these are the same hands scrubbing dirt, and being used to get yourself off the ground.

i doubt that pressure washer is a full pressure, and im gunna bet dollars to doughnuts he makes sure his hands are clean. remeber he rubs the car with a clay ball to get even the tiniest of dirt particles of before waxing.

although iwill say. im quite suprized he would do a full wax job outside like that. every milisecond there are particles fallin down on it. hell i gata b carefull waxin my pos truck outside.

I own a full service car wash & we detail cars all the time.
I don't like to tell all my detail secrets but here's what I use.
After I wash all the dirt off the car
I use a Flex XC 3401 VRG buffer with a foam pad
I first use Collinite #845 liquid insulator wax
take all the wax off
Switch pads
then I use Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 205 Ultra Finishing Polish
take all the wax off

Cars come out Amazing!
Here's one I did for a friend of mine....

RamSRT10_0141.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot to tell you that I buffed some light scratches out of the paint before I used the Collinite #845 liquid insulator wax. :)

RamSRT10013.jpg

Last edited:
now just using rejax here have tried a bunch and it seems to work the best so far just bought another bottle from stink to do the truck this summer as soon as weather cooperates lol.

take all the wax off
Switch pads
take all the wax off

Cars come out Amazing!

Looks great! Never tried Collinite before. I might have to grab some..... I am curious why you would use MG205 after waxing tho. That would strip the wax off. :confused::dontknow:

I also use a 3401 and MG205 as my polish on most vehicles. That combination creates INCREDIBLE results. :rock:

I lke to use Zaino AOI (all in one). It is very easy to use and lasts longer than anything else I have tried.

Looks great! Never tried Collinite before. I might have to grab some..... I am curious why you would use MG205 after waxing tho. That would strip the wax off. :confused::dontknow:

I also use a 3401 and MG205 as my polish on most vehicles. That combination creates INCREDIBLE results. :rock:

Black1,
After I compound I use the Collinite sealer wax. The MG205, does not remove the wax, it's like a second coat & it is awesome for removing any light swirl marks. These 2 products together give the car a amazing shine!
A buddy of mine who has been buffing cars for over 30 years, who in my opinion is the best detailer I know told me to try these products together.
I haven't done it any other way since!
My father & I have a few classic cars that are Best of Show Winners that I have detailed before the big show using this process.

take all the wax off
Switch pads
take all the wax off

Cars come out Amazing!

RamSRT10_0141.jpg

damn bro. whatever u are using, it is obvously workin. that thing is SHINY. very nice. and black is the most difficult IMHO, im guna have to try some other things next time

Great Wax

Been using Collinite Liquid Insulator Wax (No. 845) for years. Easy on and off but it must be applied sparingly. Does last well - I usually apply twice per year on my daily driver. Can be purchased directly from the colliniteindustrial.com by the case. I have purchased numerous cases over the years as friends and relative were constantly wanting it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back