What Mods Would You Want??

i am not gonna agree with a bolt in roll bar in the event that the thing does tumble a bolt in roll bar is notgonna do any good ...more than likely it will cause more damage to thedriver you know metal flying around is not a good thing!

505'sFastestViper. said:
i am not gonna agree with a bolt in roll bar in the event that the thing does tumble a bolt in roll bar is notgonna do any good ...more than likely it will cause more damage to thedriver you know metal flying around is not a good thing!

using grade 8 hardware i think it will be pretty safe. Our trucks are held together by bolts

FerrariTruck said:
using grade 8 hardware i think it will be pretty safe. Our trucks are held together by bolts
grade 8 will break quicker...ok let me say it like this the cab is bolted to the frame....this we agree on.....so bolting something to the cab does no good at all to be safe it would need to be welded to the frame...now if you wanted a roll bar for looks then go ahead and get a bolt in one they are just not functional if something bad were ever to happen heaven forbid that it does not but in the case where it does....i would want my cage welded to the frame with outriggers....that is why mine is done like this...

505'sFastestViper. said:

I agree with Dom on this. An improperly built roll bar or cage can be more dangerous than having nothing at all.

BADROLLCAGE.jpg

Cherry Performance said:
I agree with Dom on this. An improperly built roll bar or cage can be more dangerous than having nothing at all.

BADROLLCAGE.jpg
i have a friend in a wheelchair from a POS roll cage. broke his neck. been paralyzed for 6 or 7 years now. dont think he will last much longer.

Not the machinery for this but...fiberglass body panels(hood,fenders,bed,doors) but you can make long tubes...some type of adapter to run dual air boxes(I would be the first in line for the adapter)

I have not seen something done with the plastic piece that has that crappy felt over it...thought it would be neat to mod it somehow. Plenty of room for engraving, and looks like an easy replacement project.

roesc004-2.jpg

Cherry Performance said:

BADROLLCAGE.jpg

i agree to a point, a crappy roll bar or cage can be dangerous. However judging by the pic i can guarantee that if that bar was not there that roof would be crushed well below the doors. I just strongly feel that the cab is very weak and once the truck ends up upside down the cab crushes like a paper box. Maybe not a sub 11.5 cert rollbar/cage but one that will give an extra degree of safety, allow for 5 point harness, camera mount, fire exting, and oh yeah keep the cab from collapsing in... Now If was trapping well past 110+ in the quarter then i strongly agree on welded cage..

Bolt in cage i'm thinking less then $1k in pretty powdercoated color

Custom chromoly cage 3K+

FerrariTruck said:
i agree to a point, a crappy roll bar or cage can be dangerous. However judging by the pic i can guarantee that if that bar was not there that roof would be crushed well below the doors. I just strongly feel that the cab is very weak and once the truck ends up upside down the cab crushes like a paper box. Maybe not a sub 11.5 cert rollbar/cage but one that will give an extra degree of safety, allow for 5 point harness, camera mount, fire exting, and oh yeah keep the cab from collapsing in... Now If was trapping well past 110+ in the quarter then i strongly agree on welded cage..

Bolt in cage i'm thinking less then $1k in pretty powdercoated color

Custom chromoly cage 3K+
3k + i wish.....

a bolt on rear brake kit to allow the use of 16" wheels would be nice, i'm thinking of a complete kit with smaller rotors, calipers and brackets. maybe and older dodge/ford truck has disc brakes with the same bolt pattern and use rea calipers that would work for the parking brake so you could ditch the factory drum style parking brake??

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
a bolt on rear brake kit to allow the use of 16" wheels would be nice, i'm thinking of a complete kit with smaller rotors, calipers and brackets. maybe and older dodge/ford truck has disc brakes with the same bolt pattern and use rea calipers that would work for the parking brake so you could ditch the factory drum style parking brake??

just oversmaller calipers should do the trick

FerrariTruck said:
just oversmaller calipers should do the trick
they'd have to be pretty small, mine are extremly thin from grinding them down to fit 16" wheels, and with a smaller rotor you could use a 2 or 4 piston rear caliper to make up a little of the differance of using the smaller rotor, i'm thinking about trying to swap regular ram 1500 brakes onto the front of mine so i can run a 17" tire up front to get some weight off of it

Ok so what about a prefabbed roll bar that could be welded in?? Too much to ask?

Thats what I was referring to before and I just found that thread like 30min ago....

How about a complete set of grille inserts, including the bottom lower grille.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back