WHAT WOULD BE THE BETTER MOD?

SANCHOBA

TEXAS A&M DAD
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in a quandry...should i go with SCT tuner from torrie ( i have a very old B&G flash) or go with the 4:56 gears? which is more bang for the buck? which would i notice more? remember there is also cost of installing gears. what do ya'll think?

i mean, the sct is on sale in april...so that's what...$400...

if you're gonna swap out the gears, you might as well do new clutches and cryoed spiders...that's about $250...and at least that for the ring and pinion...plus labor...you'll spend twice the price of the sct...

since it's an RC, i think you'll feel the 4.56's more...if it's the difference in "feeling" what you paid for...and they're a helluva lot of fun...specially in the rain:D

i would do the gears, i think...the sct would be more noticeable in a QC...

if it's not enough...do both:D

okay, i'll come clean......i have a set of gears,bearings,shims,oil,modifier...all sittin' on a shelf in the garage. thinking about selling them and getting a SCT,now what do you think!:D probably closer to 400.00 to install them

see...that changes things...

no point in parts sitting...i'd install the gears...personally...you've already got the DC flash, right...so that's a kick already over stock...

yep...gears...

At that point I would also do the gears as well.

i mean, the sct is on sale in april...so that's what...$400...

if you're gonna swap out the gears, you might as well do new clutches and cryoed spiders...that's about $250...and at least that for the ring and pinion...plus labor...you'll spend twice the price of the sct...

since it's an RC, i think you'll feel the 4.56's more...if it's the difference in "feeling" what you paid for...and they're a helluva lot of fun...specially in the rain:D

i would do the gears, i think...the sct would be more noticeable in a QC...

if it's not enough...do both:D

the SCT is allways on sale now as long as you mention JTSVP we work in tandem with UNLEASHEDTUNING.COM now

thanks
stinker

Unless your future plans include major mods (heads, cam or blower) I would agree with Brad....you will gain little if any from another tune...the gears will make the truck feel lighter...

Unless your future plans include major mods (heads, cam or blower) I would agree with Brad....you will gain little if any from another tune...the gears will make the truck feel lighter...

See? I have a set of 4.56's sitting in the garage. I'm just worried about installing them and not seeing much of a difference and possibly breaking something. If I installed the 4.56's :dontknow:would I need to update the SCT tune?

See? I have a set of 4.56's sitting in the garage. I'm just worried about installing them and not seeing much of a difference and possibly breaking something. If I installed the 4.56's :dontknow:would I need to update the SCT tune?

you have a better chance in breaking something with the 4.10's then the 4.56's, IMO...

the 4.56's actually put less stress on the drivetrain as they'll help get her rolling easier...

you shouldn't need to update the tuner...

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back