whatchu got son?? (RWHP)

heat soak SUCKS;)

Have you tried the Roe method of fooling your cpu?

5.6 ohm resistor in the IAT circuit...makes the cpu read a much lower temperature than actual temp.

$1.00 mod...

The cpu pulls timing as the IAT rises...if you are continuously sending a temp reading that is 30 or 40 degrees cooler than actual it will keep the cpu from enriching your A/F mixture. The more fuel the cooler the engine runs, but the efficiency is greatly degraded that is what heat soak actually is.

But the computer is programmed to protect from too lean a mixture when temps are high because detonation occurs at high temps...so you do have to understand what is happening...I have had the mod for about 15k miles...no 'heat soak' issues...but I am forged and seldom run the truck hard. Additionally, I run water/meth injection to cool the charge as much as possible prior to compression in the supercharger...thinking about working on a post sc meth injection approach.

Last edited:
i wonder how much that would affect a stock bolt-on motor...

and i do run mine hard...quite a bit... it's not worth the risk or early explosion....hell...i've made it this many miles...why screw it up, now:D

Have you tried the Roe method of fooling your cpu?

5.6 ohm resistor in the IAT circuit...makes the cpu read a much lower temperature than actual temp.

$1.00 mod...

The cpu pulls timing as the IAT rises...if you are continuously sending a temp reading that is 30 or 40 degrees cooler than actual it will keep the cpu from enriching your A/F mixture. The more fuel the cooler the engine runs, but the efficiency is greatly degraded that is what heat soak actually is.

But the computer is programmed to protect from too lean a mixture when temps are high because detonation occurs at high temps...so you do have to understand what is happening...I have had the mod for about 15k miles...no 'heat soak' issues...but I am forged and seldom run the truck hard. Additionally, I run water/meth injection to cool the charge as much as possible prior to compression in the supercharger...thinking about working on a post sc meth injection approach.

What about relocating the IAT sensor further away from the throttle body? Would it fool the computer thinking it's colder air??

My sig tells you where I was. That motor didn't last. I'm now at 640rwhp. I built and tuned the motor for road racing. No more meth. But it still shoots fire.

My sig tells you where I was. That motor didn't last. I'm now at 640rwhp. I built and tuned the motor for road racing. No more meth. But it still shoots fire.

well hell yeah, you got any video of that beast on a road course??? that would be sweet.

What about relocating the IAT sensor further away from the throttle body? Would it fool the computer thinking it's colder air??

Yes it would...kind of like strapping the rear 02 sensors to the frame, but a lot of work compared to the 5.6 ohm resistor mod...Sean Roe let us in on the secret in 2006, and it took 25 minutes to accomplish...20 minutes to go to Radio Shack and buy 10 resistors (99 cents); 4 minutes to cut the wire, insert the resistor and tape the splice; and 1 minute to make the decision to throw the other nine resistors in the trash rather than keep them.

Yes it would...kind of like strapping the rear 02 sensors to the frame, but a lot of work compared to the 5.6 ohm resistor mod...Sean Roe let us in on the secret in 2006, and it took 25 minutes to accomplish...20 minutes to go to Radio Shack and buy 10 resistors (99 cents); 4 minutes to cut the wire, insert the resistor and tape the splice; and 1 minute to make the decision to throw the other nine resistors in the trash rather than keep them.

Roy,

what is this "5.6 ohm resistor " you speak of.... you have pictures and/or a write up ??

My 04 with K&N and Magnaflow put down 433.31/472.31 at 82 degrees and 58% humidity on a DynoJet.No Tune. A/F numbers were right below 12 then flat at 12 at peak(anyone know if the A/F #'s are good or bad?)

That's a touch rich, but better rich than lean.

11.7 is dead nuts on...

huh, i am thinkin that dude told me it was in the 13's and was runin rich. ill have to find those printouts and check. could this be why my numbers were so shittty???

broke the truck out today and aint drove her in a couple weeks. felt real strong, maybe cuz i aint been in her in a while, but that doughnut or two felt pretty quick, lol

huh, i am thinkin that dude told me it was in the 13's and was runin rich. ill have to find those printouts and check. could this be why my numbers were so shittty???

broke the truck out today and aint drove her in a couple weeks. felt real strong, maybe cuz i aint been in her in a while, but that doughnut or two felt pretty quick, lol

i know the higher the number the leaner the mix.

as ya go down your gettin closer to 1 to 1, one part air to one part fuel

You are right, I reversed the fuel/air statement.

And relating to the FI question, here is the statement from Wikipedia (my students are rolling their eyes):

"... engines with forced induction such as turbochargers and superchargers typically require a richer mixture under wide open throttle than naturally aspirated engines. Forced induction engines can be catastrophically damaged by burning too lean for too long. The leaner the air/fuel mixture, the higher the combustion temperature is inside the cylinder. Too high a temperature will destroy an engine - melting the pistons and valves. This can happen if you port the head and/or manifolds or increase boost without compensating by installing larger or more injectors, and/or increasing the fuel pressure to a sufficient level. Conversely, engine performance can be lessened by increasing fuelling without increasing air flow into the engine."

Bone stock:

468/485

IMG_0262.jpg

HUH??? When I was bone stock I was seeing numbers like 419/436. I wish we all could be dyno'd by the same device to help even out the discrepancies. Anyway, now I'm seeing around 469/493. That's with JMB CAI (don't think mentioning the catch-can is needed), four cats, Bassani headers, X-metal TB, X-Pipe and Powersticks that are all tied together with a Torrie Tune. Now if I can JUST grow the bawls to activate the Omega 13, I'm sure that 100 shot feature would raise my numbers significantly.

I'll tell ya what else I got recently Geo.. Hint: it's an angled CF stick.:top: I just haven't gone home to install it yet.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back