Whats your opinion on the 06 SRT-10???

VAViperPower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to everyones input on the changes made for the last year of srt-10 production and wether its worth it to spend a couple extra grand and go after a used 06 Reg. Cab?? I previously owned an 04 Reg. Cab and I am used to that body style but im up to trying something new for the right price. I have to say that the Inferno Red does look damn nice!!!!! You guys with the 06's please take a minute and fill me in on the pro's and cons of the 06 models when you get a chance. Let me know what you guys think. Im still looking hard for a replacement SRT-10. Thanks!!!:rock:

I like the color of the 06 inferno red. I like the fact that they made only a few before production shut down, too. I have an 04 so I can't say anything else about the 06. :D

As a side note, does anyone have production #s on how many 06 srt-10's were producted before production ended on the incredible truck????

The ONLY thing I don't like about the '06 is the headlights.... The interior is better (MANY more cubby-holes and pockets), also the seats and the center console is MUCH improved over previous models. :rock:

.......... However.... I REALLY like the look of the '04-'05's front-end better than the '06. :dontknow:

Ditto
Black1 said:
The ONLY thing I don't like about the '06 is the headlights.... The interior is better (MANY more cubby-holes and pockets), also the seats and the center console is MUCH improved over previous models. :rock:

.......... However.... I REALLY like the look of the '04-'05's front-end better than the '06. :dontknow:

Only 700 produced in 06 :D ,heated seats :deal: , GPS rocks:rock: , more of a sport's car interior with the center console that you can fit a case of beer in:driver: . little more ridged frame so the ride is also bit nicer , tonneau cover on every 06.
Then again I have two 06's.

Thanks, cuz I noticed that :D

Black1 said:

:dito:

I agree with what the kid said.:D

I dont like the lights either, and I am not fond of the interior..If they had kept the same colors as the 04-05s it would have been better..I would love to have the heated seats, and better yet, air conditioned seats in my truck...I do like the Mineral Grey, and the Inferno red colors though..

Another good point I like the exterior colors but not a big fans of the interior colors
Riff62 said:
I dont like the lights either, and I am not fond of the interior..If they had kept the same colors as the 04-05s it would have been better..I would love to have the heated seats, and better yet, air conditioned seats in my truck...I do like the Mineral Grey, and the Inferno red colors though..

seen a inferno red rc in warner robbins last week. had to make myself keep going. that color is awesome.

Hey, what are your plans on modding? the 06's are just now catchin the mod train..
;)

Sharpi

i have an 05 and 06,the nav system is alot better in the 06 ,seats are heated and better designed for heavier guys since i broke the seat twice in my 05 in the first 6 months before they had to reinforce it!

I havent seen and inferno red inperson but just seeing it thru online pics make it look incredible!!

VnmPowered, were there only 700 of the inferno red produced? The interior looks alittle funky like the 70's look but i think it may grow on me. I sure do like the factory tonneau cover! Im gonna go try and find one local to look at prior to making an offer on one I found for sale. I better make my mind up soon because every one Im working on making a deal is sold out from under me the last few times. Damn, I need a truck!!! :)

Black1 said:

:dito:

VAViperPower said:
I havent seen and inferno red inperson but just seeing it thru online pics make it look incredible!!

VnmPowered, were there only 700 of the inferno red produced? The interior looks alittle funky like the 70's look but i think it may grow on me. I sure do like the factory tonneau cover! Im gonna go try and find one local to look at prior to making an offer on one I found for sale. I better make my mind up soon because every one Im working on making a deal is sold out from under me the last few times. Damn, I need a truck!!! :)

Only 700+ produced in 06 ... for North America . thats total not one color.

I am opposite most of you. I do not mind the front, either one works for me. But I can not stand the interior vs what I see in the 04/05.

From what I have read there are no concerns over the 06 vs the other models. Will it make it worth more down the line to have a 06? Not sure, gut feeling is no. It was only a three year run, not a 50 year run. Your more valuable trucks will be the VCA editions (the rarest of rare packages), CE's and maybe yellow fevers and Night Runners.

94rt10ohio said:
I am opposite most of you. I do not mind the front, either one works for me. But I can not stand the interior vs what I see in the 04/05.

From what I have read there are no concerns over the 06 vs the other models. Will it make it worth more down the line to have a 06? Not sure, gut feeling is no. It was only a three year run, not a 50 year run. Your more valuable trucks will be the VCA editions (the rarest of rare packages), CE's and maybe yellow fevers and Night Runners.

Or maybe the 37 R/C's that are black instead of brilliant black or better yet the one Q/C that is black instead of brilliant black. But what do I now :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back