Whats your opinion on the 06 SRT-10???

Or maybe just my truck since its the only one that has one super kool looking dude(A throw Back to some of you old timers) named Krazy Kris driving it...when I get to drive it. Any day now!:D:D:D

i love mine, they made 762 o6s, 99 inferno red. they made over 200 changes on the o6 to improve it. remember the old saying/ you get what you pay for/.

I would buy an 06 if I could change the sheet metal on the front end.I HATE those head lights.Other than that,it seems a little better.

Yeah i'm not too fond of the '06 headlights.... i've wanted to change mine since day one. The new 07 lights look nicer and are a direct swap, i'm just waiting for a cheap enough set on Ebay... hopefully one from Canada so i can save some shipping costs.

As for the interior i like the bolstered seats and the middle console... the dash is very cheap and not having a powered passenger seat really bugs me for a $70,000 (Canadian) truck.. oh well at least it's fast. :rock:

Deibs said:
Yeah i'm not too fond of the '06 headlights.... i've wanted to change mine since day one. The new 07 lights look nicer and are a direct swap, i'm just waiting for a cheap enough set on Ebay... hopefully one from Canada so i can save some shipping costs.

As for the interior i like the bolstered seats and the middle console... the dash is very cheap and not having a powered passenger seat really bugs me for a $70,000 (Canadian) truck.. oh well at least it's fast. :rock:

The '07s are different???? :dontknow: :confused: Might have to look into that. :confused:

I just thought I would call up TYF and have him make me some "eye-lids". :D ;) :rock:

I have found that the 06 does offer a vast improvement over the other models with its improved chassis stiffness for a better handling truck, but for the aftermarket, it is harder because nothing fits correctly. The chassis changes make aftermarket exhausts no longer bolt on. The drop kits never quite fit either, The Vec three upgrade has to be modified slightly. The tonneau cover is very nice and it does add greatly to the high speed handling of the truck. I also would agree that the better seats are nice. Overall, I would say the 06 is a good buy, or an 05 yellow fever.

Big Nana, did you find or any other 06 owners find it difficult installing the magnaflow cat. back exh. system? That is first thing on my list after I get back from picking up my truck. I cant stand to drive around with the factory "school bus" exhaust system on the truck robbing it from creating more HP :)

Also, the srt-10 im picking up from Florida has the basic factory radio head unit. Does anyone know if that radio unit come from the factory with Sirius satellite or 6 disc built in changer capability. I do know that the truck does not have the navigation unit installed, just the normal radio unit. Thanks for any info you can provide. I will be sure to post pics of my new inferno red beast when I drive her back from Florida to Virginia. Thanks to everyone for providing great input on some of the pros and cons of the 06 srt-10's.

Last edited:
BIG NANA said:
I have found that the 06 does offer a vast improvement over the other models with its improved chassis stiffness for a better handling truck, but for the aftermarket, it is harder because nothing fits correctly. The chassis changes make aftermarket exhausts no longer bolt on. The drop kits never quite fit either, The Vec three upgrade has to be modified slightly. The tonneau cover is very nice and it does add greatly to the high speed handling of the truck. I also would agree that the better seats are nice. Overall, I would say the 06 is a good buy, or an 05 yellow fever.
yeah, baby !!!:D

Thats correct!! The 06 Reg. Cab Inferno Red is coming home this thursday. Ive already got the camera charging so I can take and post some pics. Ive never seen the inferno red in person but from what I see in the photos I like it. Hell, im gonna have to learn to love it now!! :) I think the color looks really good with the polished wheels. Im already getting the plastic ready to purchase a much needed aftermarket exhaust. Its depressing to hear the truck run with the muffled school bus factory exhaust. Thats gonna be the first mod along with installing the Volant CAI that mike (wont grow old) hooked me up with!! Thanks again Mike for a great deal!!! I should be back intown next monday with the truck and will post some great pics. Thanks to everyone for posting so much info on the 06's and the differences: pro's and con's!!

Good luck with it bro...

06 Magnaflow is easy install for muffler shop. 2 hangers get cut off and rewleded back in the correct place. other than that, its the same.

king daddy said:
i love mine, they made 762 o6s, 99 inferno red. they made over 200 changes on the o6 to improve it. remember the old saying/ you get what you pay for/.

Is it listed anywhere the 200 changes they made for the '06?
Trying to find what the obvious differences were between years.
Thanks

6 disc radio is standard, the chassis is the biggest change, they went from 1500 chassis to 2500 chassis, the a-arms up front are the stock 1500 arms with the different spindle. rear end ratio is different in the regular cabnew grille, new badges, heated bucket seats, new instrument cluster, new center stack, new key system, new brake cooling ducts, they are huge!! rear end suspeinsion is also different new motor trans and body mounts new oil pan. That most of what I know.

VAViperPower said:
Thats correct!! The 06 Reg. Cab Inferno Red is coming home this thursday. Ive already got the camera charging so I can take and post some pics. Ive never seen the inferno red in person but from what I see in the photos I like it. Hell, im gonna have to learn to love it now!! :) I think the color looks really good with the polished wheels. Im already getting the plastic ready to purchase a much needed aftermarket exhaust. Its depressing to hear the truck run with the muffled school bus factory exhaust. Thats gonna be the first mod along with installing the Volant CAI that mike (wont grow old) hooked me up with!! Thanks again Mike for a great deal!!! I should be back intown next monday with the truck and will post some great pics. Thanks to everyone for posting so much info on the 06's and the differences: pro's and con's!!

Congrats -- You'll love the color - 3 step process and a $250 option - in the shade it looks blood red - in the sun it looks like candy apple red -- at certain times of the day it will look like blood red with candy apple red highlights truly awesome. Photos do not do it justice! - The Frame and bed are 3500's (not 1500 or 2500) meaning if your looking for a bolt on cat bak then the only one made is the Mopar (made by Borla) one. Or you can move the Magna hangers if your handy - or take it to a muffler shop of course.

Good luck with it and stay safe!

GriMace, It sounds like im in for a good suprise when I pick up the truck tomorrow. I told them to make sure the vehicle is prepped awesome and the paint looks perfect or im gonna rip up the cashiers check and come home, (not really gonna do it but they dont need to know that) :) I thought the color looked killer with the polished wheels!! I had an 04 with Flame Red and so im ready to try a new color. Sounds like inferno red is gonna stand up to the hype!! I will definitely post up some pics when I get the truck back to Virginia on Sunday.

Craig said:
Another good point I like the exterior colors but not a big fans of the interior colors
Same here except I also don't like the headlights, different lower fr. air dam and the emblems change

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back