WHO IS FASTER? R/C OR Q/C,AND WHY?

finisher68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THE 6 SPEED DEMANDS A BETTER DRIVER I WOULD THINK, THATS WHY I HAVE AUTOMATIC,,

DEPENDS ON THE MODS, DRIVER AND TRACK

finisher68 said:
THE 6 SPEED DEMANDS A BETTER DRIVER I WOULD THINK, THATS WHY I HAVE AUTOMATIC,,

Comparing the two in stock trim the RC is generally faster, for a few reasons.

The Regular Cab is 400 pounds lighter and doesn't have such a lame tune (when new from Dodge) to protect the transmission that the QC is burdened with.
The automatic (Q.C.) also drains more engine power than the direct coupling of a manual transmission; some say 30 horsepower(ish).

Most of the stock Q. Cabs run a very low 15 second 1/4 around here, and a stock R.C. just under a mid 14....I.O.W. the QCs have about a 60 horsepower handicap (40 h.p. for the weight and the rest is the tranny penalty)...unless they get some help. ;)

I still like the Quad Cabs! :D

Last edited:
Get your Paxton on and I'll run you one of these days. I bet the black one with the red stripe will win.

quickest in the 1/4 is a QC (supertank) and the fastest in the 1/4 is a rc (dom). i think i got that right?

rottenronnie said:
Comparing the two in stock trim the RC is generally faster, for a few reasons.

The Regular Cab is 400 pounds lighter and doesn't have such a lame tune (when new from Dodge) to protect the transmission that the QC is burdened with.
The automatic (Q.C.) also drains more engine power than the direct coupling of a manual transmission; some say 30 horsepower(ish).

Most of the stock Q. Cabs run a very low 15 second 1/4 around here, and a stock R.C. just under a mid 14....I.O.W. the QCs have about a 60 horsepower handicap (40 h.p. for the weight and the rest is the tranny penalty)...unless they get some help. ;)

I still like the Quad Cabs! :D

Just under a mid 14 for a stock rc?? you must be at some serious elevation..

Bone stock only modd is tint on my windows I ran a 13.3 at 107... and thats grinding 3rd gear... Others have run 12.9 bone stock , 0 mods as well... i think your numbers must be at a serious elevation...

SRT10VENOMOUS said:

Bone stock only modd is tint on my windows I ran a 13.3 at 107... and thats grinding 3rd gear... Others have run 12.9 bone stock , 0 mods as well... i think your numbers must be at a serious elevation...

Yup, serious alright....
I have a database on vehicles here. That is what they run in good ole' Calgary, Alberta

MG42pillbox said:
I saw 1 guy run a 13.6 stock QC. These 15s are ridiculous.

My own QC brand new (stock) ran a 15.1 here (best pass).
It then ran a 13.8 WITH a Stage 2 flash, B&B Cat-back exhaust, drop-in and a moderate drop in elevation (on another track).

Modded Lightnings run (typical mods) 14.4 - 14.7 here
The new (405 horse or whatever they are) Vettes- 13.8s
SRT-8s- 13.8s
Grand Cherokees (SRTs)- 13.8s
2003-2007 Hemi trucks- mid to high 16s
New Shelbys (500 horsepower)- 13.6 @ 105-106 m.p.h.
2005 Viper (cars)- 13.5 WITH a perfect launch!
etc; etc, etc.

That's what I have been trying to tell you guys about altitude..

Try this (scroll down after it loads): http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...t=15.1&mph=96&correctetmph=Correct+ET+and+MPH

Look at what happens to a 15.1 here (my race day), at sea-level... it turns into a 13.9 and a big 7+ m.p.h. boost...

I'll let you know what my truck's 12.53 pass @ 3000 feet really is (at sea-level), in the Spring...should be interesting...

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
I'll let you know what my truck's 12.53 pass @ 3000 feet really is (at sea-level), in the Spring...should be interesting...
your going to a sea level track?? i'd really like to see what it does i'm still saving for gears now gonna hold off on the cluthc untill we see what happens with the dual disc viper setup and i think i can get a 12.1-12.2 out of mine with that

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
your going to a sea level track?? i'd really like to see what it does i'm still saving for gears now gonna hold off on the cluthc untill we see what happens with the dual disc viper setup and i think i can get a 12.1-12.2 out of mine with that

No sea-level passes until Spring for me....

It is -22 right now (chilly). I haven't been to anything lower than a 3000 foot elevation (D.A.) with my truck, so I am anxious to see what it does. Those big N.A. engines really respond to the extra oxygen. We had a b.b. Chevy here that dropped a full second+ from a 5700 foot d.a. to sea-level. Average seems to be about 7/10ths though.

Busy with Viper engine builds/repairs. Lots of cracked or outright fractured pistons (on the f.i. engines especially)! I have a 2-part spray that shows ANY hairline cracks. Some of the tops look like spider webs! And others, you don't even need the spray.:(

It is a great time to be indoors though...

Stinker likes the dual-disc clutches so it should work really well for you. Yours was smokin' pretty good on the video you posted. That truck hauls ass and looks like a fun ride. You are mean on the shifter too!

Have fun and all the best to you and yours during the holidays!

Rottenronnie

Last edited:
no no not the 2000 dollar dual clutch, the one dragon is looking at the factory clutch from the 08 viper:D if it don't work out i guess i might take it to a local clutch shop and see what they think, from what i've heard i wanna stay away from the centerforce:dontknow:
happy holidays to you as well:rock:

ViperJeff said:
DEPENDS ON THE MODS, DRIVER AND TRACK

That's a fact. I handily beat a heavily built motor, paxton SC, RC with drag radials more than once one day. My truck was a QC, mildly modded, with stock tires. It was on an 1/8 mile track. So, the bottom line is...yep, "it all depends"...:D

SRT10VENOMOUS said:

YEP! down in cal south 12 1/2 to 13 1/2 stock stick shift.

ARRESTmeRed04 said:
There are so many places around cal south to check your 1320 I think your truck would be high 11s:burnout:

rottenronnie said:
No sea-level passes until Spring for me....

It is -22 right now (chilly). I haven't been to anything lower than a 3000 foot elevation (D.A.) with my truck, so I am anxious to see what it does. Those big N.A. engines really respond to the extra oxygen. We had a b.b. Chevy here that dropped a full second+ from a 5700 foot d.a. to sea-level. Average seems to be about 7/10ths though.

Busy with Viper engine builds/repairs. Lots of cracked or outright fractured pistons (on the f.i. engines especially)! I have a 2-part spray that shows ANY hairline cracks. Some of the tops look like spider webs! And others, you don't even need the spray.:(

It is a great time to be indoors though...

Stinker likes the dual-disc clutches so it should work really well for you. Yours was smokin' pretty good on the video you posted. That truck hauls ass and looks like a fun ride. You are mean on the shifter too!

Have fun and all the best to you and yours during the holidays!

Rottenronnie

What is the track altitude...?

Fastest stock pass on a RC was 12.7 but SVTFREAK or something like that...

I believe that the best Stock QC pass was 13.2...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back