Why an Owners Association?

Discussion in 'VTCoA Viper Truck Owners Association' started by Viper Truck Registry, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Viper Truck Registry

Viper Truck Registry Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

As we build a relation ship with SRT and the Viper owners, for the most part, we will be working with the local clubs and not the National Organization. It has been expressed that it's up to the local clubs to determine involvement. Ohio Viper Club has been outstanding in welcoming Viper Trucks to their events.

The idea, is to put in place a Viper Truck leadership team that can work with the local clubs to facilitate combined events with the local Viper Clubs and SRT Representative that are at those events. This will help prevent Viper Club presidents from answering the same question over and over from a Viper Truck guy and build a relationship without being a pest.

Jay is probably our best assest in Ohio. I'm sure Jay can pas on what he learns as he has made some very good contacts (sorry, I can't say who)

I know most of the Mods on the VOA and that helps me a bit

As I learn more, I will post up

Vj

2. JaysSRT10

JaysSRT10 VTCoA Board

I'm here for ya buddy.:)

3. hawk02

hawk02 Full Access Member

Sounds awesome........

4. ViperPete

ViperPete Full Access Member

I WANT IN AS WELL!

5. hawk02

Besides a section on the VOA forum it looks like the majority of the members want it it be a car only club and still think our trucks were just a 1500 with a viper motor dropped in(I believe there was a little more to it than that) so I think we should look into our own owners association.

6. JaysSRT10

JaysSRT10 VTCoA Board

I'm starting to agree, and the talk has been started.

7. VPRPWRD

VPRPWRD VTCoA Ring Leader Supporting Member

I agree Chris, some seem to be for it but I believe they are not interested in including us. Which is fine by me, but when it comes time to be a Viper owner I most likely won't join either. And yes, the conversation is under way in making an owner's association a reality.

8. JaysSRT10

JaysSRT10 VTCoA Board

But on the other hand there is a lot of the car owners that seem to think its a good idea and have no issue with it. If they do a poll and let everyone vote, that will be the deciding factor.
    I do believe we need to start getting better organized and form our own owners association even if we are accepted in with the Viper car owners.

9. mopar-or-no-car

mopar-or-no-car Full Access Member

WHEN i get a viper, i will start my own club....Fat guy in a little coat...Whos in???

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  10. hawk02

Thanks guys I really think these beasts need to get back into mainstream media somehow, maybe that will change the value of them too. I was going to wait to say anything until I got a response but I haven't yet but I emailed Wayne Carrini at F40 motor sports in CT last week about possibly doing a small feature on his show(Chasing Classic Cars) on the SRT10 with the introduction of the new Viper, he's not that far from me but I'm still awaiting a response, I'm thinking the trucks may be too "new" for that type of show but I'm trying....

11. JaysSRT10

JaysSRT10 VTCoA Board

As long as your club logo does not involve cylindrical meat.

My mind has slowly been changing on Viper car ownership. Not sure I want to be put in the catagory with some of the Viper owners. Having the rep of being a arrogant, snobby a-hole when your not, just because you own a Viper.

12. JaysSRT10

JaysSRT10 VTCoA Board

Its a good idea. I watch his show frequently and he always has a handful of newer cars either on the lot of in the shop.

13. mopar-or-no-car

Same way i feel trying to push out (trucks) into being a part of the viper (car) association...Not sure i want the rep of being the punk ass ram truck owners...even tho the 5-6 guys ive met in person were great guys...:dontknow:

14. JaysSRT10

JaysSRT10 VTCoA Board

Punk ass? According to a few over there we are red necks who can only drive in a straight line and only do burn outs in Walmarts parking lot. lol

15. Viper Truck Registry

Viper Truck Registry Well-Known Member Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Good to wake up to see some thoughtful posts on the direction of the RAM SRT-10. I've been avoiding a question till now.

Who out there would like to help us build the VTCoA and the VToA?

Duties?
    Responsibilities?

We have set up a board to help answer some of those questions. We have considered a number of items. First and for most, we need a few folks that are willing to be more than just members and be in charge. We just don't know who out there has the commitment, drive and dedication.

The hope would be, someone that is active with their RAM SRT-10

Let us know

Vj

16. JaysSRT10

JaysSRT10 VTCoA Board

I think you misunderstood my comment. I meant about owning a car.
    Trying to join the trucks with the Viper owners association in the overall big picture is and would possibly be the best thing to happen with keeping these trucks alive.

17. mopar-or-no-car

Wasnt that what the regional reps were for?

18. mopar-or-no-car

Why not focus on bringing the VIPER TRUCK CLUB OF AMERICA into the spot light, instead of being the club within a club....

19. JaysSRT10

JaysSRT10 VTCoA Board

What Jeff is asking is we are looking for individuals to take the step and who have the drive to want the responsibility to help set up, run and promote the VTCoA and VTOA.

20. VPRPWRD

VPRPWRD VTCoA Ring Leader Supporting Member

What I think could ultimately happen would be a revival of a true performance truck from Mopar if they see the SRT10 (which is approaching 10 years old) is still alive and well and has a following. From that, can a new SRT10 be built? I can dream right?