Wide tires

on the rim? or what size rim/tire will fit in the wheel well?

mopower1958 said:
The widest 22 they make is a 325 which is what I have on my truck. However it is on an 11.5 inch wheel. All the tire is inside the outer fender and is up against the inner splash shield.

any pics of those mounted on truck

I have a couple but aren't real good.
100_0317.jpg

100_0318.jpg

100_0910.jpg

mopower1958 said:
The widest 22 they make is a 325 which is what I have on my truck. However it is on an 11.5 inch wheel. All the tire is inside the outer fender and is up against the inner splash shield.

I have 325s on the rear of my red truck and they are on the stock rims.

I think that I have some pics somewhere, the truck is at Justins in ST Louis.

Attachments

• Night Runner Wheels Red Truck 432008 001.JPG
    Night Runner Wheels Red Truck 432008 001.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 16,145
  • Night Runner Wheels Red Truck 432008 003.JPG
    Night Runner Wheels Red Truck 432008 003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 10,001
  • Night Runner Wheels Red Truck 432008 004.JPG
    Night Runner Wheels Red Truck 432008 004.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9,110
Okay since we're on the subject there is no need for me to start another thread.. What are the best slicks to get for an RC lowered 2" in the rear? Also, are 17" wheels better or 16" wheels? How deep of a wheel for that matter? Why am I asking so many questions?

if you get 16 you will have to shave calipers,,and you need drag radial ,,i was told if you put slicks you can trash you rear end

Ironhead said:
if you get 16 you will have to shave calipers,,and you need drag radial ,,i was told if you put slicks you can trash you rear end

I'm running slicks and haven't had any issues so far.

LitemUp said:
I'm running slicks and haven't had any issues so far.
show me some pics ,,i would love to run them too ,,but got boo and hiss when i mentioned it ,,,pics please

i will throw something else out ,,anyone know were i can get a set of 17x10 rims with the same offset as our stock rims are ,,i hate the way mine stick out past the fenders ,slings crap everywere

Ironhead said:
anyone know what the offset on stock 22 rims are

I think the backspacing is 6.5", but do a search as it has been so long since I posted that up I don't perzactly remember.

TNVIPER said:
What 325 do you guys have?....325-XX-22?...

His tires must be 325/50/22. I found this on the Toyo homepage:

http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/35.pdf

It looks like Toyo makes a Proxes S/T and a Proxes S/T II

It appears that the 325 size is only available on the original Proxes S/T, so they may not be available much longer if Toyo is replacing them with a newer/next generation line of tires.:confused:

FSTJACK please correct me if I am mistaken on any of the above info.

Oh, and BTW the tires look great on the red truck. If I needed new tires, this is the size that I would go with.:rock:

EDIT: It looks like Kumho makes a 325/40/22, here's a link off their homepage:

http://www.kumhousa.com/tiremodelresults.do?diameter=22&ratio=40&width=325

Anyone ever use these?

Last edited:
NightRunner385 said:
His tires must be 325/50/22. I found this on the Toyo homepage:

http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/35.pdf

It looks like Toyo makes a Proxes S/T and a Proxes S/T II

It appears that the 325 size is only available on the original Proxes S/T, so they may not be available much longer if Toyo is replacing them with a newer/next generation line of tires.:confused:

FSTJACK please correct me if I am mistaken on any of the above info.

Oh, and BTW the tires look great on the red truck. If I needed new tires, this is the size that I would go with.:rock:

EDIT: It looks like Kumho makes a 325/40/22, here's a link off their homepage:

http://www.kumhousa.com/tiremodelresults.do?diameter=22&ratio=40&width=325

Anyone ever use these?

Thanks...I had looked at those but they are 3" taller & 16LBs heavier per tire than the 305.......

The Kumho tires have been discontinued. The back spacing on the stock wheels is 6.5 inches.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back