Wide tires

Here is the thread I started with of pics of the slicks on and off the truck.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23028

The slicks as you could probably tell are from M&H they are 16x14.5x30.5 the rims are 2 piece forged CCW 16x10

Couldn't tell you what they cost new cause I picked them up from Ram from Hell. He gave me a great deal that I just couldn't pass up. Thanks Eric.

LitemUp said:
Here is the thread I started with of pics of the slicks on and off the truck.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23028

The slicks as you could probably tell are from M&H they are 16x14.5x30.5 the rims are 2 piece forged CCW 16x10

Couldn't tell you what they cost new cause I picked them up from Ram from Hell. He gave me a great deal that I just couldn't pass up. Thanks Eric.

did you have to shave your calipers?

Cudajon said:
what happens to your speedo when using different diameter tires?
Your speedo will be off, but you can fix it by a quick visit to your dodge service center. It is my understanding that a calibration to the ABS will fix it. I was quoted $100.00 to do mine.

LoveThisTruck said:
:dito:

DSCF1499.jpg

DSCF1501.jpg

Since no one answered my question I ask you.. Are those wheels 16's or 17's?

tinygiants said:
Your speedo will be off, but you can fix it by a quick visit to your dodge service center. It is my understanding that a calibration to the ABS will fix it. I was quoted $100.00 to do mine.

Are you sure about this? It was my understanding that the speedo sensor is located in the transmission and thus is unaffected by gear or tire size changes. I'm pretty sure all the HEMI guys that are swapping over to 4.56 gears don't have to worry about recalibrating their speedo's. Can anyone else verify this?

NightRunner385 said:
Are you sure about this? It was my understanding that the speedo sensor is located in the transmission and thus is unaffected by gear or tire size changes. I'm pretty sure all the HEMI guys that are swapping over to 4.56 gears don't have to worry about recalibrating their speedo's. Can anyone else verify this?

The speedo sensor is a tone ring that is between the ring gear and carrier. It is also what the ABS uses for a rear sensor.
There is no need to recalibrate for gear changes, there is for tire size changes.

NightRunner385 said:
His tires must be 325/50/22. I found this on the Toyo homepage:

http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/35.pdf

It looks like Toyo makes a Proxes S/T and a Proxes S/T II

It appears that the 325 size is only available on the original Proxes S/T, so they may not be available much longer if Toyo is replacing them with a newer/next generation line of tires.:confused:

FSTJACK please correct me if I am mistaken on any of the above info.

Oh, and BTW the tires look great on the red truck. If I needed new tires, this is the size that I would go with.:rock:
EDIT: It looks like Kumho makes a 325/40/22, here's a link off their homepage: http://www.kumhousa.com/tiremodelresults.do?diameter=22&ratio=40&width=325
Anyone ever use these?

I have the 325x40x22 Kumho's.

Venom Power said:
Since no one answered my question I ask you.. Are those wheels 16's or 17's?
anthony see post ten ,,17 will fit ,16 you have to shave calipers to get them to fit

rim size that fits ours without shaving 17x10 124mm offset for 5 0n 5.5",
american eagle alloy series 058 will fit without shaving. call discount tire or google but moes performance has alot of wheels that will fit our truck, but look under the 1500 not srt 10. 17x9 stock 1500 wheel will work but you won't be able to got with a wider tire.

Has anyone been able to find any 325 40 22? None of the tire shops can seem to get any, and I can't seem to find any on the tirerack.

FSTJACK said:
I have 325s on the rear of my red truck and they are on the stock rims.

I think that I have some pics somewhere, the truck is at Justins in ST Louis.

Hey Jack, those 325's on your red truck almost look like stock tires. I like how beefy they look. Which 325's are they? 325/???/22...

remember if you go wider (say a 325x 40x22) your going a tad taller too. in effect changing your gearing. (40% 0f 325 for side wall height versus 40% of 315)

SANCHOBA said:
remember if you go wider (say a 325x 40x22) your going a tad taller too. in effect changing your gearing. (40% 0f 325 for side wall height versus 40% of 315)

...... Now why would we want to do that?

looking for a set of 325-45-22 ,,,im looking for two this size :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back