Will I be the 5th or 6th?

Mine went from, "hey that's a quick truck"...to running nose-to-nose with z06 Vettes (c5). That being said, if I had to do it again I would probably do a 4l80e and paddle shifters. :D

For the guys that have done it, or are doing it, what would a general price tag be for this when all is said and done? Just curious.

I spent over 5k on mine but I upgraded to aluminum flywheel and drive shaft and centerforce clutch and roe hydraulics

All this 6spd QC talk makes me want to do one now that I just added a second youngin to the family

6 spd to auto swap, don't forget the talk about 6 spd to auto swap! And the second reference to 6 spd to auto swap... BTW, congratulations with your new family member.

Did some work today.

I think I got the most tedious part of the swap out of the way. Encountered some problems too.

First off… MY BACK IS KILLING ME! From being all twisted up under the dash for 2 hours!

I was able to get the auto pedal assembly out without removing the steering column completely, but couldn't get the 6-speed assembly installed without removing it. Took 20 minutes to figure that one out and several expletives later I just removed it. It was a lot easier to install the assembly by unbolting the power pedal motor and the gas pedal. One hang up that happened is I had this weird slack in the throttle cable. Like there was no tension. I thought something was hung up so I removed the throttle cable. Big mistake. I couldn't get the grommet back in the firewall for the life of me. I had to cut some of it off and shove as much in as I could…. Seems to work ok….

The other issue is that the brake pedal has a lot of play Like the cylinder that it slides on wiggles quite a bit. I am not too sure what to do about that.

Also, the clutch pedal is hard as a rock. Is that normal? The master cylinder isn't connected to a transmission but I thought the pedal should at least be able to move or something…

Fun fun! Finishing up everything on sunday!

Also cleaned up the transmission and the bell housing. I like header paint. It just seems like really durable stuff. I had some black header paint lying around and gave them abase coat after I cleaned them up. Then applied 2 heavy coats of silver. Should look quite nice under the truck.

photo1-3_zpsf5b3b4d3.jpg

photo3-3_zps4da91d6c.jpg

photo4-3_zps91fb1c61.jpg

photo5-2_zps735a8203.jpg

DSC01277_zps055e9bc0.jpg

DSC01285_zps54650eeb.jpg

DSC01277_zps055e9bc0.jpg

DSC01290_zpsa2bdc031.jpg

photo1-4_zps9cdbc9f1.jpg

The clutch pedal shouldn't be hard to push and how did you swap the pedals? All I did was unpinned them from the aluminum plate under the dash and put the new pedals in my factory aluminum housing,and as for the brake pedal check and see where the play is at,did you make sure the plastic bushings were good in all the pedals where they pin into the housing

If you have any more problems feel free to shoot me a text and I will call you back and try to help if I can 6189264457

yes is normal for the clutch pedal to be solid like a rock. As soon as you connect a slave you'll be able to push it in. Its a sealed system. you can buy a new plastic sleeve kit from the dealer to fix the pedals its like 50 bucks

Are the plastic sleeves interchangeable? I could remove one from my automatic brake assembly and install in the manual one I suppose. I'll see how hard it is to take it apart.

There is a rubber block off plate that goes over shifter and seals dirt, noise, and heat from cab. It's black and I'll see if I have one still extra.
Your clutch pedal will not move until you connect to slave sir. Think.... The end of your clutch line at disconnect has a valve that won't let fluid out until connected to slave line. That's why it's hard as you're pressing against a closed valve.

Thanks for the info. Thinking about my other build... You right. There isn't anything pressing against the slave to push it back. Its all the way out right now. There's no where for it to go.

I hope I can find one of those block off plates asap.

Much to my dismay… I didn't know I needed to be so specific with X2Builders about the center console. I removed the cup holders. I'll have to find the piece that goes in its place.

photo4-4_zpsfb847f8b.jpg

Also, What does this plug do, and how do I wire it up?

photo2-6_zpsa4641aad.jpg

And this plug also… Both are on the T56

photo3-4_zpsb61dada8.jpg

Found this little guy chillin inside my automatic pedal assembly. Gave him permission to eat all the black widows, brown recluses and mosquitos! Hate them things…

photo1-5_zps21b20fd1.jpg

First pic in order is your reverse lockout solenoid and next pic is reverse switch. Lizard I have no idea :)
Mine has never used reverse lockout and likely wont. It keeps you from hitting reverse while moving if you miss 5th gear by a long shot. Lol:D

The amount of help being provided in this thread makes me happy to be a part of the VTCoA.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back