Winter is coming

Bussiculo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO it was 45 degrees last night in Jersey. Time to start looking for snow tires for this winter. Does anyone know if they make a 22 inch? or am i better getting some shitty rims and putting 20s on it for the winter. Might get them powdercoated while they are off..

This title makes me want to throw up.

I know. And until I can find a burner car for the winter. She's getting ready for round 2. Last year wasn't that bad actually. Just threw 500 pounds of sand bags in the back and kept the regular tires on. Not bad for last winter it made it through everything.

Yea this title does suck, not ready for another winter. I say screw the tires and try and get that burner car

I DD a 98 Cherokee Classic. Very reliable, awesome in the weather and still gets around 18mpg. I picked it up for really cheap 3 years ago.

I drive all my toyz all year 'round. Hmmm, guess living in sunny FL has a few perks :rock::rock::rock:

I drive all my toyz all year 'round. Hmmm, guess living in sunny FL has a few perks :rock::rock::rock:

Yeah, all winter here in Texas means is my heat gauge will stop going over 200. :D 65,000 miles in 11 months tells ya we ain't got no winter here. :rock:

Sorry for all ya'll up north. We got a couple inches of snow last year so we are good for the next 5-10 yrs ;)

Winter down here is the best time for my SRT!!!!! Hardly ever lower than 40 and usually around low to mid 60's.

Truck LOVES that weather.

I know. And until I can find a burner car for the winter. She's getting ready for round 2. Last year wasn't that bad actually. Just threw 500 pounds of sand bags in the back and kept the regular tires on. Not bad for last winter it made it through everything.

So you know how to drive then.

Winter down here is the best time for my SRT!!!!! Hardly ever lower than 40 and usually around low to mid 60's.

Truck LOVES that weather.

Mine seems to like the colder weather----or maybe I'm just feeling my oats. :dontknow:

get a burner my winter prep is i pull it in garage put battery tenderizer on truck and it sits all winter in garage till the spring.

My truck is put away already. We had a foot of snow last week. :mad:
Back into the mid 70's today.

As far as snow tires go, buy some steel 20's and go with the same size as your spare tire. There used to be a guy here that bolted four snowies on and drove all winter.....nuts in my book!

Last edited:
Yeah, I am from Florida... I thought this was going to be a Game of Thrones thread lol...

Once the snow starts she's put away till spring. I can imaging she would be a blast in snow but they use WAY to much salt to even risk driveing it in winter.
My winter DD is a 2006 RWD Charger. Car is great in the snow and can still have fun.
And it has rust on both the rear quarters from only being driven in the winter.

Even if I lived in a cold climate.... there is no way id drive my SRT in the snow, or salted roads, or bad weather.

I think its all in knowing how to drive in the conditions. Not much you can do about salt though. Keep it clean with a weekly trip to the touchless car wash.

I have had two 4WD vehicles and can count on two hands the number of times I used 4WD and can count on one hand the number of times I ACTUALLY needed it. RWD performance cars and trucks rain, snow or shine up in brutal New England winters.

GAME ON!

'Moe

I think its all in knowing how to drive in the conditions. Not much you can do about salt though. Keep it clean with a weekly trip to the touchless car wash.

I have had two 4WD vehicles and can count on two hands the number of times I used 4WD and can count on one hand the number of times I ACTUALLY needed it. RWD performance cars and trucks rain, snow or shine up in brutal New England winters.

GAME ON!

'Moe

Agree. All my cars are RWD, I have no need for 4wd. My wife drives a RWD 300 and I drive the Charger.
Never need snow tires or weight in them. People just need to learn how to drive.:D

Agree. All my cars are RWD, I have no need for 4wd. My wife drives a RWD 300 and I drive the Charger.
Never need snow tires or weight in them. People just need to learn how to drive.:D

I prefer a 4wd just because I want to get where I'm going fast. You cant imagine how much fun a 4wd Jeep with 4 studded snow tires on it can be.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back