Winter project time!

I did the same color in my jeep. Not bad stuff for spray can

Yeah i had my doubts, but its pretty good.
I figured it couldn't be much of a risk since i have the battery cover, but it turned out much better than I thought it would

Don't forget to clean the battery posts up with a terminal tool before you put the cables back on. You want them shiny as a new nickel for the best connection.
Will that fancy mount fit in the stock battery box?

Don't forget to clean the battery posts up with a terminal tool before you put the cables back on. You want them shiny as a new nickel for the best connection.
Will that fancy mount fit in the stock battery box?

I'm going to try and get it installed today. The optima is smaller than a regular battery, so with the cover its about the size of a regular battery. As far as i can tell the bottom plate of the cover fits in the regular battery hold downs, and the top clamps the battery down.
Should be plenty of room in the battery box

That's exactly what I was wondering about. Seem to remember having to add extra plastic parts to the bottom of the battery when I installed my Optima. Had it in & out about 5 times until I got the proper fit. Good luck.

Got the battery mounted, unfortunately the bottom plate is too wide to clear the hole for the battery hold down.

[URL=http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/cdarnell1975/media/SRT10/20151128_084427_zpsg7umpwjb.jpg.html][/URL]

Its also pretty tight, but it does fit, and it just clears the hood strut too.

I ended up drilling a hole in the lower plate to accommodate the existing hole for the battery hold down, and threw a stainless machine screw in there.
Problem solved...and now i REALLY have to do something about my terminals.

[URL=http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/cdarnell1975/media/SRT10/20151128_084924_zpsjzoyiumx.jpg.html][/URL]

I also got busy with Tony's ignition wires.
Definitely primo stuff - love that they're labeled with the cylinder numbers.

[URL=http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/cdarnell1975/media/SRT10/20151128_084552_LLS_zpsohll3shk.jpg.html][/URL]

Things are starting to come together in there :)

Also, i gotta find some good aluminum wire separators. The plastic ones do their job, but i want something that pops better...also i need some 4 wire seps to do this right

Gonna have to pull the wheel and fender skirt to do the way back on the drivers side, have to be another day since my truck is against the wall, not running, and has no ps fluid...

Did you also paint the hood struts?
You made the top so nice I think that the batt sides needs paint now
I got some nice lead Battery terminal/ends from quadratec. They look like the old-school top post ends. Don't know where they are right now or I would post pictures. No it is not on the truck.

Did you also paint the hood struts?
You made the top so nice I think that the batt sides needs paint now
I got some nice lead Battery terminal/ends from quadratec. They look like the old-school top post ends. Don't know where they are right now or I would post pictures. No it is not on the truck.

No, the hood struts have tony's covers on them. I visited his shop when i was in NC and he had a set of blue anodized covers.
I had to grab them for the project, and as a souvenir :)

Im looking at some terminals now on ebay, idk...I'm liking these digital terminals...

Cool. Did not know they even made something like that. Looks good.

Thanks man!
He always has the polished and the black anodized ones, not sure what other colors he can do, but for $39 you can't beat them

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back