Wish me Luck

every time she makes you mad ,,remember your new moto ,Im on the high road ,,your on the low road,,,:D

Steve..
Just a lil story for you..
When my ex and I split up, she took my son with her..I shouldnt have let her take him, but did..he was like 5 at the time. After a few months, he ended up in the a foster home due to his mothers negligence, and the family court judge, and social worker assigned to the case thinking I had issues of my own I guess. It took me almost a year to get him returned to me..After a year or so, his mother seemed to be getting her shit together and I let him live with her. For awhile it was good. I moved to PA from NY, and spent a year driving back and forth on a couple weekends a month to pick him up.
I eventually brought him down here and he stayed. It was the one decent thing the ex has ever done for him. He has been with me for the last 8 years, and doesnt see his mother more then maybe once a year. She is a mess at almost 40 yrs old, and will probably be dead within 3 years of a drug related issue. I have never kept his mothers drug addiction from him, nor have I said disparaging things about her. I presented him with the facts as I saw them, and talked to him about drug use and addiction. He understands that his mothers issues are not his fault, nor is his not being able to see her. I actually wont let him go to her house, as it is not safe, and she is still doing drugs. I have told him when she gets her shit together, she will be able to be part of his life, but not until then.
Anyway, my point is, my son has dealt with more than his share of problems in his 15 yrs. He is a typical kid. Like skateboarding, online gaming, and is lazy about some things. He is also happier now than I have ever seen him. We argue about the same stuff other parents argue with their kids about.
He could be a real mess emotionally but isnt.
You will get back to some sense of normalcy in time. As for your kid, just keep being a parent. As others have said, it will all work out in the end. As for your ex, well, living well is the best revenge. Good luck to you.

Matt

My ex was 8 yrs younger than I..It rarely works out..lol

Riff62 said:
My ex was 8 yrs younger than I..It rarely works out..lol

mine has we been married for 8 years and together for 15 plus

Thanks, I am looking forward to the single life again. I just have to be patient, because it's going to take a couple months before things stabilize.

One of the biggest things I am looking forward to is NOW I can be the fun parent I always wanted to be. Just be myself and not have to be the bad guy all the time about dicipline. I have been the bad guy for way too long now she will have to do it. It'll take a little while, but Taylor will see how things really are. She is a very smart child.

As far as women go, well, I have been with the same woman for 13 and 1/2 years............ you get the point.;) ;)

"quote"As far as women go, well, I have been with the same woman for 13 and 1/2 years............ you get the point. "

its like riding a bicycle bro:burnout:unless you been playing on the side shame on you lol

Just an update. we have not been back to court. we have things pretty much negotiated out. there's been a few snags here and there, but freedom is coming. i feel it will be soon. i will more than likely get back into my house by the end of dec.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back