WTB? Broken Cowcatcher???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I go off road some onto a dirt path through woods and know the cowcatcher/splitter on the front of our trucks will not fly off road. Now I see pix of a yellow truck with a chunk missing and a red cowcatcher with a big split. I have envisioned cutting the bottom off my cowcatcher and realize it might be smarter to buy someone else's broken cowcatcher and experiment on it. So, how much does shipping cost and what do ya'll with broken front fascia/cowcatcher want for your broken piece?

what in the hell are you talking about lol ,,i use to call my step brother cowcatcher cause he always went after the big girls ,,,hahahahaha:)

Ironhead said:
what in the hell are you talking about lol ,,i use to call my step brother cowcatcher cause he always went after the big girls ,,,hahahahaha:)

hahaha yea no doubt! some rednecks in my province call the push bars on the front of the truck cow catchers so if u hit one or a deer it wont hurt the truck as bad

Danko said:
Okay, I go off road some onto a dirt path through woods . . .

Here was your first mistake.

2nd: I have no earthly idea what a "cowcatcher" is. . . :dontknow:

Have a great day and good luck selling your truck.

Ironhead said:

I almost pissed myself when I read that.

Danko - I have never heard of a cowcatcher either, does it go by a different name.

I am pretty sure he means the front bumper cover...or he likes big wimmins..?

When I broke mine, it body shop took it off and tosed it

Sorry

lukedovichak said:
hahaha yea no doubt! some rednecks in my province call the push bars on the front of the truck cow catchers so if u hit one or a deer it wont hurt the truck as bad

In Austrailia they call them Roo Bars!!:D :p

Look at the front of old trains. The lower portion is called a cowcatcher for good reason. Then look at the '04s and '05s and you will have no issue with my terminology. I keep picturing cutting mine along the character line just below the fog lights but instead of cutting an intact fascia, I should make use of a broken one, so next time one of ya'll learns the hard way that slammin' ain't all good.......... Please figure how to get a broken one to me (silver preferred, of course, but any would do). I will find enough money somewhere to make it worth doin' and then maybe the wife can take a picture and make you pic crazies happy. thnx! .......... Roz, You really believe I want to sell my truck?

Last edited:
Ironhead, that is too funny about your step brother :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:

I work at a plastic bumper remanufactering plant, and I do have a broken one. You pay for the shipping and I will send it to you. I almost want to see how redneck we can make an srt10.:confused: The best part is you wont have much cutting to do because the lower spoiler or cow catcher as you would like to call it is pretty much already broken off. The only down side is it is yellow in color. I could also supply you with some running boards to keep the rocks off your paint for when your backroading if you would like as well.LOL

Last edited:
I also have a broken one lying around. Hit a dog at 45 mph. Body shop removed it and I said I wanted it back. If your intrested let me know. It is black.

You hit a cow and now you want to sell your truck, title in a year ?LOL

Kwijibo, Dog hit sounds like damage goes above the character line just below the lower grille and foglamps. Does it? Getting yours sounds cheaper than the one from Saskatchewan. Please see how far up the damage goes. thnx! Sleeper, What I do with my truck does not warrant your foul ranting. My family happens to own property in Canada over 400 miles up and to get to the cabin, a wide path needs to be driven. I like driving my truck, do not want a 4 x 4 or your advice. See.... when someone runs an ad, they seek comments from someone actually interested in buying or selling an item. My truck IS for sale but I know no one here will buy it and yet it looks to my wife like I am actually trying to sell it. About a year from now I will get more serious and try eBay. I have realized I can double the miles on my truck and expect about the same low price for it so why not drive it before selling........?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back