x-metal drop

DOUGT

Reaction score
I installed the drop on tues. Really liked the look of the truck but i'm not very happy with it at all. Two days messing with pinion angle and still no luck, so today around 1:45 today i decided to pull the drop off the truck and went back to stock. It really pisses my off you pay this much for something and you can't enjoy it. So heres my thought, do i sell the drop kit...... and buy the computer or try to have a local DROP shop do it. Just had to vent. :mad:

have a shop straighten you up....there have to be 75 of us with the kit....:dontknow:

If it has been that much trouble get professionals to do it.

Will

DOUGT said:
I installed the drop on tues. Really liked the look of the truck but i'm not very happy with it at all. Two days messing with pinion angle and still no luck, so today around 1:45 today i decided to pull the drop off the truck and went back to stock. It really pisses my off you pay this much for something and you can't enjoy it. So heres my thought, do i sell the drop kit...... and buy the computer or try to have a local DROP shop do it. Just had to vent. :mad:

I understand what you're going through,I recently installed his kit too !!! In another thread,many have tried all sorts of options,but the one that kind of makes sense to me is to put a spacer under the Carrier Bearing !!!Haven't gotten around to doing it yet to give you my findings,but hopefully either this weekend or next I can tell you what happened !!! The XMetal kit was pricier than a previous kit I installed (still had the same vibration,only worse)but the XM kit rides much better than the the other !!!Be patient,take it somewhere that does the drop kits and see if they can help !!!:dontknow:

DOUGT said:

sssooooooooooo you posted what you did but not what the problem was?
qc or rc?
its not real rocket science,and actually mine has been all over the scale and still works, but I hope you truly don't expect it to be as great as stock?
it aslo depends on how low ya went, what blocks, and so on, and did you call boomer about it?

Stinker said:
sssooooooooooo you posted what you did but not what the problem was?
qc or rc?
its not real rocket science,and actually mine has been all over the scale and still works, but I hope you truly don't expect it to be as great as stock?
it aslo depends on how low ya went, what blocks, and so on, and did you call boomer about it?

I took mine to a shop to get it aligned, its close but not perfect.

As far as calling Boomer, I gave up!! I called him 6 weeks ago, left him a message so I could buy more stuff from him. Of course, he didnt return my call. I wonder how many others left him voice messages and pm's and e-mail and never got a response. Now we see this big turnaround on his vendor site. It would be nice for him to address those that have purchased things from him and supported him before this big "turnaround".

How many others left him messages of one type or another and havent received a response? I'll stop here for now.

Last edited:
So what happens to your guys' trucks that are having problems. I hear dudes here that had to put a spacer cause of pinon angle. I didnt put anything on mine and had no problems at all.....Also, I know that you have to put some type of spacer between the trany mount and cross member. I didnt do that either. I have no vibrations and no trouble shifting. The kit has been on for about 6 or 7 months now and runnung flawless....Is it the size of the drop maybe? Igot the 2" rear I think....haha....I just told Boomer to send me a drop and installed what i got in the box.

Proffessional install FTW. You will love it. I recently had mine dropped and honestly I don't see why I didn't do it much sooner.:dontknow:

Dave T(BADVENM) said:

As far as calling Boomer, you gotta be kidding!! I called him 6 weeks ago, left him a message so I could buy more stuff from him. Of course, he didnt return my call. I wonder how many others left him voice messages and pm's and e-mail and never got a response. Now we see this big turnaround on his vendor site. It would be nice for him to address those that have purchased things from him and supported him before this big "turnaround".

How many others left him messages of one type or another and havent received a response? I'll stop here for now.

Where have I heard this before ?? It would be nice to place a call and speak to someone !!! I tried,I gave up !!And I will try and figure out how to correct the issues resulting from the drop kit ie;alignment not even in the ball park,vibration at take off !! !!!But I do know where I won't be doing buisness !!And I'm sure I'll catch flack for my comments,but I have what I have and I'll get the rest taken care of by someone I can TALK to !!!

Dave T(BADVENM) said:

As far as calling Boomer, you gotta be kidding!! I called him 6 weeks ago, left him a message so I could buy more stuff from him. Of course, he didnt return my call. I wonder how many others left him voice messages and pm's and e-mail and never got a response. Now we see this big turnaround on his vendor site. It would be nice for him to address those that have purchased things from him and supported him before this big "turnaround".

I........lol...........have to agree with ya Dave.....lolololol

he does need to learn to use a phone..we'll see what the future produces lololol

Dave T(BADVENM) said:

As far as calling Boomer, I gave up!! I called him 6 weeks ago, left him a message so I could buy more stuff from him. Of course, he didnt return my call. I wonder how many others left him voice messages and pm's and e-mail and never got a response. Now we see this big turnaround on his vendor site. It would be nice for him to address those that have purchased things from him and supported him before this big "turnaround".

Yea.. I bought a SC/ PCM / and Completet BB exhaust system from someone else cause he never got back too me! Add thata UP!

Got my install by a professional and need a camber kit as well as them slotting (make it bigger) something on the frame with a diegrider. I don't remember the name but that was the only way it would align perfect. No issues after that love the drop.

I've been asking about that 'lamp out' fix for a long while. He just won't get back to me. I should have gone to the X-Metal GTG and got what I needed in person.

I talk to Boomer practically once a week. lol.....Yes Im Broke...

Finally got some time and installed my kit about a month or two ago.
You have to elongate the upper A-arm slots besides that it went easy.
I did it myself in about 8hrs.

I also have boomers adjustable billet shocks, which are worth it I love em.
Didnt like how I have to mount the rears, but no complaints besides that.

(I know its extremely off topic. I've been ashamed to ask in the past, but what in the world is "FTW"?)

I have liquid courage tonight! :D

ok lets try not to turn this into a bashgary thread
he is trying to turn things around

now on to the problem,I did suspension fo many years and this is relatively simple,for those that had problems I missed I apologize for missin it.
now first off on almost every drop on these trucks the upper control arm nounts will need slotting larger to allow the tire to move outward more for more camber, a die grinder works perfectly
now on the vibrations, the rc's should not be affected
the qc's will and you may NEVER get it perfect due to the two piece driveshaft,all you can hope for is to ''move'' the harmonics to a different location in the speed of the vehicle
now for one I know he offers two kits with the lower of the two being the worst for vibration
first set the rear pinion angle to 4 degrees and leave it
next use a 1/4 inch spacer on the center support at a time and notice if there are any differences if so go with the better of the two
then do the same with the tranny mount
between the two you should come up with a good solution
just remember you want the driveshaft to look comparable to look and angles of when it was stock

but also remember if you go with the lowest kit you may not get rid of it completly

No bashing intended from me,as I stated,he does have a better kit than I previously had !!!It's just the buisness practices that will keep me away !!:dontknow: I'm just a little fish in this big ole pond !!!

6pakattack said:
No bashing intended from me,as I stated,he does have a better kit than I previously had !!!It's just the buisness practices that will keep me away !!:dontknow: I'm just a little fish in this big ole pond !!!

I will admit....he has a lot of making up to do
and he is trying......we just need to give him a chance

personally I think he grew waaaayyyy too quick,and got overwhelmed! lolololol

This appears to only be effecting 06 QC's....I have not heard of RC's having this issue or 05 QC's having it. BlackKnight and myself are figuring out exactly what it takes on the 06 QC's and should have a solution by this weekend. When we do, I will pass it along to the other 06 QC guys for a fix.

Take Care

-Red

DOUGT said:

Do you have a RC or QC, and what year is it?:confused: :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back