x-metal drop

In case some missed it, Gary posted this on the X-Metal Forum recently.

He is aware of the issues people have had and appears to be attempting to address them.

Not defending Gary, but I did want to make sure that people were aware of this.

ok guys, i appreciate everyones patients with my absence. things have been very very crazy around here for me, every since my motorcycle accident its been total chaos. i just this week got the insurance settled on it, they were trying to deny the claim, and i dont have $40,000 sitting around to pay the doctors! then the month of March -i set a record in sales, thats a good thing, unfortunatly, my main salesman, Larry, his wife suffered a brain anerism, and he was off the entire month, as he should be-being with her at the hospitol. she has made a recovery, and God Bless her. that took over a month away from my Xmetal time obivously.
anyway, i have made some desicions for X-Metal. in the past few weeks, i traded one of my CNC's off for a newer, MUCH faster, more efficient version. those who came to the GTG here saw it making our new billet valve covers.
this machine operates almost 1200% faster than the old one it replaced. this will speed our product development up, in turn, put the parts to your doorstep in a much faster time frame.
the one thing X-Metal is,--is we are a custom design and engineering shop. we are not a summit or a Jegs. we dont sell things just because they will make us a quick buck.-if it dont work, i will tell you straight up, and i wont take your money for it. ie EVERY COLD AIR KIT_EVERY BRAND-LOOSES HORSEPOWER-no matter who makes it. also, if you are running a small catch can, take it off, it will suck water back into the engine, and it is 10 sizes too small, those are for very small engines.
back to point, i have hired Marty who is my right hand technical man. Marty is former pro-level engine builder who has worked at some VERY prominet engine shops in the past. Marty is always here to answer any and all tech questions you might have, and he and i will work together to solve any sceniario you can encounter. he and i fixed a members truck Sunday after the GTG, got him going, back home- and we will do whatever it takes to help any and everyone.
i am going to hire another person to help answer the phone here, and take orders, and check the forum dailey to stay on top of anything we need to do here. John worked in the race car industry for years, as well as R&D for Dynotech exhaust, and he will be a valuable asset to you and us alike. we are pumped to bring him on board. this will allow me more time to do product development and comminicate more with you folks. we have some very exciting new products getting ready to unvail in the next few weeks, and i appreciate everything this forum brings.
once again, thank you.

please---if you can not contact me directly at 812-453-4862, please ask for Marty by calling 812-477-1740

RedSrt007 said:
This appears to only be effecting 06 QC's....I have not heard of RC's having this issue or 05 QC's having it. BlackKnight and myself are figuring out exactly what it takes on the 06 QC's and should have a solution by this weekend. When we do, I will pass it along to the other 06 QC guys for a fix.

Take Care

-Red

A problem solver! This is the kind of response that is meaningful to us artistic types that don't know a wrench from a weld...

Thanks Patrick.

Silverback said:
In case some missed it, Gary posted this on the X-Metal Forum recently.

He is aware of the issues people have had and appears to be attempting to address them.

Not defending Gary, but I did want to make sure that people were aware of this.
Unfortunately Silver,
Many of us have been trying to reach out AFTER this was posted and still get the same deafening silence that we were getting for last 6 months or so.

It doesn't look like much has changed to me. I hope I am wrong. I have spent lots of money there and love the products. Just can't handle being ignored when I am trying to spend my money.

2 cents.

ViperTruck2933 said:
Unfortunately Silver,
Many of us have been trying to reach out AFTER this was posted and still get the same deafening silence that we were getting for last 6 months or so.

It doesn't look like much has changed to me. I hope I am wrong. I have spent lots of money there and love the products. Just can't handle being ignored when I am trying to spend my money.

2 cents.
call both numbers silver posted if boomer is not around ask for marty, he;s the right hand man and can help you too.

i placed an order there for a QC 06 drop kit , tie rod kit and bump steer kit ... guess what i recieved the drop kit only . been trying for a month to contact him to get him to send me the rest of the damn order..... i have spent over 4k with this guy !!...:mad: :mad: i even bought a 300 $ eastwood kit so that i can align the truck here !!!

any way i hope he puts his act together soon

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I HAVE SOME PARTS FOR SALE LOOK @ MY SIG

Last edited:
Guys i have 05 QC. I put the 2/4 drop on. I dont have a problem with gary. I called him yesterday and we talked about the drop.I did everything he said to do and still had a vibration from hell. The vibration was from 0-20 miles an hour, not so bad at this speed BUT when you floored it from a stop it shooook the shit out of the truck. I'm going to look around for a good shop to install it for me. Heck i might just leave the damn thing along (stock). I sure miss my Viper rt/10. Just had to add that

I have found that he answers e-mail on a regular basis.I have his drop and have had no problems.When I ordered,I usually spoke to him every time.When my sims weren't working,he walked me through the fix step-by-step on the phone.His motorcycle dealership is really growing and he lost a salesman and now has a lot more to do .Plus he has LOTS of installs to do on the trucks.
We would all like to be able to speak to him,but he just doesn't have enough time to talk with each and every one of us AND run a business,AND do supercharger installations,AND make billet products.

try sending him an e-mail and he will get back to you :D

DOUGT said:
Guys i have 05 QC. I put the 2/4 drop on. I dont have a problem with gary. I called him yesterday and we talked about the drop.I did everything he said to do and still had a vibration from hell. The vibration was from 0-20 miles an hour, not so bad at this speed BUT when you floored it from a stop it shooook the shit out of the truck. I'm going to look around for a good shop to install it for me. Heck i might just leave the damn thing along (stock). I sure miss my Viper rt/10. Just had to add that

sounds like bad axle wrap,either drop the nose of the pinion another 2 degrees,or try installing the cal tracs to lessen the twist of the axle.
on the 2/4 drop it makes the driveline pretty straight
you can also try raising the center support also

Stinker said:
sounds like bad axle wrap,either drop the nose of the pinion another 2 degrees,or try installing the cal tracs to lessen the twist of the axle.
on the 2/4 drop it makes the driveline pretty straight
you can also try raising the center support also

I tried from +3 and -3 and still had bad vibration.also i put the shims under the tranny mount like gary said to do. Gary said that i might have week leaf springs and segested that i might need the cal tracs.

installed cal-tracs on mine, the springs on the qc's are weak, rc springs are somewhere around 800.00 - 900.00 that might help.

nycstev said:
Yea.. I bought a SC/ PCM / and Completet BB exhaust system from someone else cause he never got back too me! Add thata UP!
Do you mind pm'img me where you got the b&b from?

Shims under the rear tranny mounts don't help. RedSRT007 and myself put a 1/4in under each and lessened the vibration somewhat. We're gonna go back to square 1 with how all the angles were on a stock truck and see if we can get those same angles now that the truck is dropped.
Any of you 06 QC guys having issues with the new rear shocks that came with gary's drop kit? The mounting holes in the shocks were slightly larger than the mounting bolt so the rear end rattled like I had tools and other misc metal crap in the bed of my truck. Had gary send me new shocks but they were just the same as the others.

I have the X-metal kit with shocks in my RC with no problems at all.

Bill.

I have had the drop kit on my truck, with the stock shocks, for over 30,000 miles!!

No Vibrations!
No adverse tire wear!
A little bump steer, but I think it was there before the drop!

Last edited:
I also have a X - metal kit still in the box, awaiting to be mounted on my 2006 QC.
Do you guys suggest that I should wait to install it until Boomer has come up with a fix?
Or have anyone else "the perfect solution" to these problems?
Cheers
Jerry J :confused: :dontknow: :confused: :dontknow: :confused: :dontknow:

Re-checked all my angles this weekend with Pat and they are within factory specs. However, the carrier bearing will need to be replaced as it looks as if it has come loose from the rubber-looking mounting stuff:dontknow: This is allowing the driveshaft to move all over the place which I believe is causing the vibration. Will get this replaced ASAP and see if that stops the vibration. Will let ya know

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back