x-metal drop

Just got the stuff yesterday. I will do the install tomorrow and post the results.

Installed the kit from Ground Force today. It's much better but not gone. I will be playng around with it some more tomorrow. May have to order some driveshaft alignment shims in 1, 2, 3, and 4 degrees to increase the down angle some more.

Light acceleration = no vibration
Moderate acceleration = vibration between 3 to 8 MPH
Hard acceleration = no vibration (I believe the window goes by so fast you don't get to feel it)

I will keep everybody posted on the progress

solution.

Buy STinkers adjustable drive line angle filp kit.

cut one coil off the stock springs

get jmbs corrected swaybar links.

stinkers front bump stops

problem solved for 1/2 the price.

blackviper said:
Installed the kit from Ground Force today. It's much better but not gone. I will be playng around with it some more tomorrow. May have to order some driveshaft alignment shims in 1, 2, 3, and 4 degrees to increase the down angle some more.

Light acceleration = no vibration
Moderate acceleration = vibration between 3 to 8 MPH
Hard acceleration = no vibration (I believe the window goes by so fast you don't get to feel it)

I will keep everybody posted on the progress

Thats excellent , i hope you solve it . I am going through the same problem . What exactly did you order and from where ? i need to get it too .

Good luck :rock:

Hi all, I thought I would Post this link to help those trying to figure out how to reset driveline angles. The link provides general information that should be usable for a 2X drive setup. In lieu of the expensive tools, a good protractor, straight edge and a magnetic angle finder should get you by. Speaking from experince in the 4X drive world, vibrations can be a Royal PITA. It took me about a year to finally track down and fix my problems. I spent a ton of cash on driveshafts, U joints, spacers, shims, you name it. Trial and error worked but it wasn't easy or cheap. The final fix was a T-case super short tail shaft conversion kit, eliminate the slip yoke, a high angle CV joint and a custom prop shaft.

Have patience, you'll get it fixed.

http://www.drivetrain.com/driveline_angle_problem.html

All in all this is a great thread. This is what this site is really good at...finding solutions.

Keep on keeping on...there is a solution. I feel my brain growing every time I see a new post.

Last night we adjusted the Caltracs to 2 1/2 turns, got even better. Will be ordering the driveshaft alignment shims today from Belltech. It will be a few days before I get or install them. I'll be taking a few days off in the Florida Keys.

So far, I've installed the Ground Force axle saddles and their shim kit for the trans and bearing carrier as well as 2 degree wedges for the rear end from Bell Tech. The Caltracs remain at 2 1/2 turns. The shudder is almost gone. It hits slightly now between 8 & 10 MPH. I've ordered the 4 degree wedges from Bell Tech and will be installing them next week. I think this will take care of it. I'll post the results once I'm done.

Fixed the vibration/shudder. Here is what it took.

Installed the Ground Force axle saddles and their shim kit for the trans and bearing carrier as well as 2 degree wedges for the rear end from Bell Tech. The Caltracs are set to 1 3/4 turns. The rear shackles are set to thier lowest setting. I also had to replace the driveshaft center support. It was destroyed. I believe on these truck we need to be careful when raising them on lifts with no support to the rear axle. I think this is what stresses the center support bushing and consequently causes its failure. The final setting on the rear end is 4 degrees down angle.

Lastly, I installed a set of helper air bags for towing purposes which I feel did not have any effect or contribution to the fix.

Can maybe stinker put together a kit for us and sell it as one kit ??

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back