X Metal Engineering

tinygiants said:
Every story has two sides.

Some folks have had great dealings with Performance by Joe. Some have not. I recommend doing a search about customer service from Joe before you make a decision.

:dito:
All I'm going to say about that.

I also took my truck to Joe Donovan at Performance by Joe in Saint Louis about 2 1/2 years ago). Joe was able to produce 702 rwhp/667 rwtq on my Paxton setup with water/meth injection! The curve on the dyno sheet was quite impressive...all the way through redline.

Joe gets most of his work done after hours because of the frequent/constant traffic in and out of his shop. He does most of the work himself because he doesnt really trust anyone else doing the work.

I have no complaints about Joe or his work ethic and end product. Joe was even able to get the Split Second software to talk to the VEC3 which was used to control the water/meth injection.

I dont know if you have stock injectors but I think had I had bigger ones I could have produced a bit more power...I was still using the stockers.

eddie102870 said:
a cheaper suggestion would be find another tuner like justin says
pulled off of a search engine
Gary Virgin
8100 Blessing Way · Evansville
(812) 985-2895

http://www.esuperbike.com/ his bike shop

That address does not exist.... But, the phone number you listed is for 601 Lemay Dr, Evansville, IN 47712. ;) But, by the looks of Google Street View, that house is also for sale (By Owner). So, who knows where he lives now.

spe_chati said:
Justin,
Who did you have re-tune yours? My mechanic is pretty good, and can probably do the retune (extremely computer savvy), he is just looking for some guidance and maybe where to start.
Effin' Gary, sold me the "custom tune" for an additional $500, and GUARANTEED an extra 70 hp over the stock tune. :mad: I wish there was an Eric Cartman Southpark angry face emoticon here. That would possibly convey my irritation with this whole situation.

Joe at PBJ does all my tuning, Ive only seen his work on former "x-metal" tunes, but Ive never had Gary touch my personal truck. I've had excellent luck with Joe, but others have not. Absolutely research and talk with any tuner before commiting to something. Alot of people say they can do it, but look at what they've done and the power they've made to judge what they are truly capable of.
Justin

Shift Key

I Make Out Repair Orders, And One Day Just Did Not Like The Appearance, So I Tried Making Every Word "Caps" Been Doing It Ever Since. I Think It Gives More of A Professional Look. Its Tricky Some Times, But Been Doing It For Over 4 Years Now!!!!! :evil:

3370 So. Livonia Ave
Los Angeles, Ca 90034
Tel: 310-841-6996
Fax: 310-841-6496
Toll Free: 800-841-8979

http://www.dcperformance.com/

Give Dan a call, he's got a tuner(Chris Jensen).

SCT/Programmer Tune:

Pump-Gas 91/octane:slug:
651/rwhp:marchmellow:
630/rwtq:marchmellow:
8#'s/boost @ 6100/rpm
Water-Methanol-Injected

This is a daily tune...every day, when we go to the track we flash her (SCT-Programmer) to over
690/rwhp (116-leaded race fuel) and ONE more LB.-of-boost!
Been keeping her UNDER 10#'s/boost. Seems to be the trouble spot.........

375014.jpg

Quick

Last edited:
spe_chati said:
Don't know if any other charged 10's have had the same issues, but maybe if I lay it out there someone has some experience. Paxton set up with x-metal heat exchanger, x-metal intercooler, x-metal ice box, x-metal set up fuel pumps, x-metal throttle body, split second controller with x-metal custom flash, bassani short headers, JMB 3" catless mids, magnaflow cat back. The issue I am having is that the truck runs well at first, pulls hard, runs right where it needs to at WOT, after it idles for 10 minutes, at about 6000 rpm it leans out. My mechanic (who works only on charged and boosted vehicles) can not figure out what is going on. He is considering taking the split second controller out, and doing all of the programming direct through the stock ECM, but that is looking at time. A lot of it on the dyno. I have had the truck there since February, thinking it would be kickin' for the summer, and no dice. So it sits and racks up no more miles, but also turns another year older. It is the most expensive truck I own that I never drive (poor me, LOL). Any thoughts would be SUPER helpful, as I know several of the members of the forum are charged and running strong.

Thanks in advance guys.

You truck was mirrored after mine...Your problem is the throttle body. You can either put back the stock throttle body and everything will work with the X-Metal tune or you need to get with RedSrt007 and ask for his split second tune. I have his tune it is the only thing that stop mine from the leaning out. It runs perfectly...

jrgnd said:
You truck was mirrored after mine...Your problem is the throttle body. You can either put back the stock throttle body and everything will work with the X-Metal tune or you need to get with RedSrt007 and ask for his split second tune. I have his tune it is the only thing that stop mine from the leaning out. It runs perfectly...

You are saying the TB is the problem...would this include the Roe TB??

TNVIPER said:
You are saying the TB is the problem...would this include the Roe TB??

I wouldn't know...:dontknow:

jrgnd said:

Explain this please.

RedSrt007 said:
The tune is more of the problem..but the TB doesn't help

I remember reading somewhere here that the after-market TBs would cause surging at steady speeds....the more I mod my truck the more surge I get........I have the Roe TB....:dontknow:

yellowfever#154 said:
Explain this please.

The throttle body leans the mixture too much when using Gary's tune. That tune was done with my truck and it had the stock throttle body on...

I purchased the Throttle body after the install and had fuel mixture problems until I used Patrick's tune...

Last edited:
Do you have the stock tune for the Paxton? If you would like to try the stock Paxton tune PM me.

i had a similiar problem with my roe and the xmetal t/b was surging which i couldnt get out when it was on cruise control but Sean had to re-do some tunes for the Auto tranny guys that were getting real rich when you got into it. been a long time ago.

eddie102870 said:
i had a similiar problem with my roe and the xmetal t/b was surging which i couldnt get out when it was on cruise control but Sean had to re-do some tunes for the Auto tranny guys that were getting real rich when you got into it. been a long time ago.

I think every Roe truck does that on curise control... I know mine does:dontknow: Drives me freakin crazy:mad:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back