X Metal Engineering

Wow a wommie sighting hahahaha what a putz....Now all we need is 1fast400 to post and we have a trifecta :marchmellow: How do my Abs look :D

.....everything Gary sold me worked. I was always pleased with the effort he put forth to help me. Maybe it was the reach around ....I don't know. Like Mikey I trusted him and what he told me. I never got ripped off. Maybe I met him before he morphed into something different. I understand the issues....sad that it came to this. Tommy C. out of Atlanta was good to me as well. I must be the 1 in a million he liked. I know this is not what everyone likes to hear, but that is the way it was.......and I am not getting a free throttle body to say it :)

QuickSilver said:
This is a daily tune...every day, when we go to the track we flash her (SCT-Programmer) to over
690/rwhp (116-leaded race fuel) and ONE more LB.-of-boost!
Been keeping her UNDER 10#'s/boost. Seems to be the trouble spot.........

Quick

116 leaded fuel?

How often do you plan on changing O2 sensors?

You can buy unleaded race fuel, BTW.

WAZZSUP said:
.....everything Gary sold me worked. I was always pleased with the effort he put forth to help me. Maybe it was the reach around ....I don't know. Like Mikey I trusted him and what he told me. I never got ripped off. Maybe I met him before he morphed into something different. I understand the issues....sad that it came to this. Tommy C. out of Atlanta was good to me as well. I must be the 1 in a million he liked. I know this is not what everyone likes to hear, but that is the way it was.......and I am not getting a free throttle body to say it :)
Ditto, I think Fastjack got the free throttle body, who else might have??????

includemeout said:
Ditto, I think Fastjack got the free throttle body, who else might have??????

...I said free throttle body but it could have been any item. My point was I did not receive any freebies for saying Gary was straight with me, kind of a disclaimer.
...That being said, I have not talked to Gary in over a year.....and I have tried.

Ram From Hell said:
116 leaded fuel?

How often do you plan on changing O2 sensors?

You can buy unleaded race fuel, BTW.
Less than 50/racing miles a year....the sensors will survive ;) and the unleaded fuel your talking about only comes 100/octane :slug:... BTW

Gary also treated me fairly too. I never had an issue with him, only good times.

Quick

QuickSilver said:
Less than 50/racing miles a year....the sensors will survive ;) and the unleaded fuel your talking about only comes 100/octane :slug:... BTW

Gary also treated me fairly too. I never had an issue with him, only good times.

Quick

Probably. I personally wouldn't want my O2's to be effected at all, for fear that the computer could get skewed readings.

Only 100 octane unleaded?

I think not. Try 105. ;)

http://www.vpracingfuels.com/fuels_unleaded.asp

MOTORSPORT 109
Produces more power than any other unleaded fuel. Recommended for higher boost applications with CRs up to 11:1 or naturally aspirated engines up to 13:1. Excellent in crate engine applications. Fueled 2-time World Jet Ski Champion, David Sellés.

* Color: Clear
* Oxygenated: Yes
* Motor Octane 101
* Research Octane: 109
* R+M/2: 105
* Specific Gravity: .722 at 60°

Oh, and I'd tea bag Gary Fairy for the price of a plane ticket.

Thank you Gary for making me wait for everything AFTER it was paid for, and selling me the wrong effing injectors. You're a prick among men, who are also pricks.:D

I can only comment from my personal experience with Gary. And since my member number is actually low enough to prove I've been around a while I guess what I would have to say may have SOME validity.

Okay so many consider the man a real zero, that seems to be the consensus for…. Well, quite a while here. But I can’t knock the guy since he never did me wrong and always answered my calls. #1900 still sports the brushed X-Met door sills that Ironleg never got and the X-Met billet seat handles and X-Met TB. The CF clutch and accompanying goodies Gary shipped promptly to my door was installed without a hitch or issue. Even the X-Met drop kit and GenII shifter are still in use.

Unfortunately I’m just one content customer within a sea of many that :dontknow: probably wants to see him hung by his toes. I say move forward and be grateful you still have your rig to do stuff to. If you have more money to burn then just know that there are more vendors here wiling to help you spend it. Rant over.

ive never had a problem either with anything i got from gary, the most expensive thing i bought was a set of valve covers. seems the expensive builds were where he put the screws to people. youd have thought he wouldve taken care of them before anyone else. just my thoughts.

WAZZSUP said:
...I said free throttle body but it could have been any item. My point was I did not receive any freebies for saying Gary was straight with me, kind of a disclaimer.
...That being said, I have not talked to Gary in over a year.....and I have tried.
This is the exact same experience I had, including not talking in over a year.

Bill.

stephen said:
WOW, i'm pissed just reading these forums about Gary, He give every Marine a bad name, what a dishonorable individual, the least he can do is make contact with you guys and let you know whats up, even if his business did crash, at least it will put your minds at ease. One thing i have learned in my 38 years of living Karma is a bitch.

Kill Bodies Gunny,

TheSickness said:
I know I wouldn't piss on Gary if he was on fire :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Took me unfortunately almost 2 years and one dude I considered to be a great friend's friendship to see what was really going on. I supported Gary more ardently then anyone on this site. I could never believe a Marine would be without honor. This is the very foundation Marines are built upon. I took him at his word, I supported him, I believed him and ultimately found out the hard way that not everyone that was a Marine has honor...Actually he was the first Marine that I would personally shoot if had the chance. I know what I am saying does not strike a cord with everyone here...But I hope it does with Stinker.

I know you said it's water under the bridge and we are cool...But it does not feel that way. While I have apologized a few times through PM to you I now what to make it public....I couldn't be more sorry for the things I said and did during all of that Bud...I was wrong and I am man enough to admit that for everyone to see...Stink we have not so much as spoke to one another in over 3 years now and it truly bugs me. I understand that you maybe so hurt by my actions that you don't want to have anything to do with me at all and I cant find fault with you on it. You and I were very close at one time and that's why I brought up that old thread from when we left the other site...Hoping that you just might respond to it in some way. You haven't as of this date. I value you and yours and Joanne's friendship very much and that is why I am reaching out to you here and now.

I was a fool and I took things too far...But since you started your business I have also tried through PM's to many to support you in anyway I possibly can. I stay off of tech threads as I have nothing to offer anyone in that area. If things are as you truly said to me they are please at some point call me when you ain't so darn busy and my grandest hope is that we both can once again be true friends as we once were....Cause I Love you very much Bro....Sorry to chunk the thread guys but I know he will at least look here and maybe just maybe read what I wrote.....So sorry buddy truly :(

Marines just don't do this. :(

Here is my experience with X-Metal...

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17906

Ok sir..here we go.

As many of you know I have purchased the bulk of my items from X-Metal. My blower and nitrous was installed by them also.

Facts:

1. Was suppose to receive the truck in four weeks. Got it 3 months later.

2. The wiring looks like a rat's nest. I was a electronic technician, so I could be a bit bias here.

3. I found a tool in the passenger side spring, laying on the A-Arm.

4. Upon receiving my truck the A/C system wasn't working. The blower was functioning but the temp control wasn't. I called Gary and he told me that he had no idea what happen. Replaced the fuse and fixed the problem.

5. One of the HID fog lamps was blown. I contacted Gary about it and he said that he didn't know how it happen and that I needed to send it to the manufacture for a warranty replacement. I properly wrapped and shipped the bulb(AMOPARMAN was witness to it).

The manufacture refuse to warranty the product because he said that it wasn't installed correctly. A argument arouse between Gary and the manufacture. Gary said he would no longer use them as suppliers.

He told me that he was in the process of finding a new manufacture and would send me a replacement soon. It's been over a year and I haven't receive a replacement.

The main HIDs didn't fit the headlights properly. The headlight assembly had to be adjusted all the way down so it would not blind incoming traffic. I called him and was told that it is the nature of the beast.

Got rid of the HID and got some SilverStars Ultra...Happy as I can be.

6. I asked for a itemized receipt. I paid around $20,800.00 total. Never got it after multiple requests.

7. The tapping of the engine oil pan to feed the blower was drilled on a angle. Fortunately it doesn't leak.

8. The Aftermarket re-usable oil filter was making a horrible noise after 2500 miles of being installed. Replace it with a K&N and the noise went away.

9. Paxton Aux pumps fuel lines sprung a leak. After close inspection, the lines didn't appear to be properly cut or flared. I replaced the lines with braided ones and steel tubing. No more leaks.

10. I installed the X-Metal Throttle body. Outstanding quality and response. Really quick shipment. I love it.

11. Paxton FMU was rigged with two pills instead of one as per design. This increases fuel pressure but forces the FMU to operate outside of it's original parameters increasing the risk of failure. I am working on upgrading my fuel system.

12. Suspension. My sagging springs and probably none functioning shocks have proven to be awesome for drag racing. For street driving they suck.

13. Tensioner pulley/belt. The tensioner was installed incorrectly and it swung high enough to hit a bolt fraying the belt and damaging the inboard edge of the pulley. It was probably done to increase the tension on the belt.

14. When replacing the belt, I noticed that my crank pulley was banged up. Seems like a hammer hit it. Working on replacing it. Currently on back order.

15. I was told that I was running a 50 shot. After doing a sprayed dyno pull and getting a pretty lean A/F reading(X-Metal Throttle body was added), I took a look at my jets. 52/22. That's a lean 100 shot. The shot is richer now and most likely I will use race fuel while at the track.

There's only been two shops who have worked on my truck. X-Metal and the Hemi Garage. The Hemi Garage has done all the work/rework after I received my truck from X-Metal. Which by the way has been flawless work.

If you notice, I am not making any accusations and have only listed facts. You can read and interpret whatever you like.

Personally, next time that I have to decide whether I want to order from X-Metal, I will reflect on this list and make my decision.

So there you go sir, straight from the horse mouth.

In the begining Gary was a good friend to many of us, what happened after that I don't know. It's just very sad. I never lost money on any of my dealings with Gary, But I really understand the feelings of anyone that has lost money with him.

I have to question the fact that he cut off all communcation with everyone when he started having problems with doing bad work on members trucks. I just don't understand it, but I have no control over it.

Bill.

Last edited:
All I remember is that someone around here probably wrongly accused Gary of not delivering a super charger that was allegedly paid for. The details of that whole fiasco, I do not know of. I never jumped on the bandwagon with so many others to take part in all the pie slinging that was going on at the time. In fact I stayed away from those threads so I don't even know if the accusations were justifyable.. Again, Gary didn't do me wrong and I don't know why someone accused him. But X-Metal went downhill from there. Too bad because as I made mention not long ago, I'm still content with my X-Metal products. The red X-Metal T-shirt I received never shrank or faded... :dontknow: How can I complain?

Venom Power said:
All I remember is that someone around here probably wrongly accused Gary of not delivering a super charger that was allegedly paid for. The details of that whole fiasco, I do not know of. I never jumped on the bandwagon with so many others to take part in all the pie slinging that was going on at the time. In fact I stayed away from those threads so I don't even know if the accusations were justifyable.. Again, Gary didn't do me wrong and I don't know why someone accused him. But X-Metal went downhill from there. Too bad because as I made mention not long ago, I'm still content with my X-Metal products. The red X-Metal T-shirt I received never shrank or faded... :dontknow: How can I complain?

I think the beginning of the end started w/womster. Shame ....but life moves on.

includemeout said:
Or a set of door handles in Malibu:(
Or the whole TB thing. ( Roe vs. X-Metal ) Roe offered up a deal, Then X-Metal offered up the same deal.

Many of us had little issues like door and tailgate handles being delivered long before the big stuff. After a good 6 months I posted my issues and wanted to know if anyone else had been having issues. At that time Gary was still loved and cherished....should have seen the posts I got telling me how wrong I was for airing this on the forum. I agree airing dirty laundry on a public forum is not appropriate however my post simply stated the facts and I was looking for feedback if others were having problems and/or letting others know that i was having issues with Gary and his operations. Took another couple months before it was all resolved. I had actually kept a running list of excuses Gary gave me. I jokingly (but seriously) told him that he couldnt repeat excuses and once he hit 10 I'd personally show up at his shop. I think the list got to 6 or 7...:p

LoveThisTruck said:
I think every Roe truck does that on curise control... I know mine does:dontknow: Drives me freakin crazy:mad:
Stock TB no surge :D Sometimes more is not better. Im hitting 7psi at full boost all tuned by sean with a stock dyno pull.

About the leaning out change your fuel pump ( also bigger injectors in the future) I have come to the conclusion the fuel pump is only good for up to 600hp not 650 like eveyone says. (After doin pistons and signs of detonation with only headers as a mod) I am using the stock fuel pump with the aeromotive 1000 and pick up tube, but justin has a good clean intank setup that should take care of your leaning and go to about 68-72lbs injectors if your gonna shoot for more horse power this is what is keeping me from putting the 10lb on so that comes this winter. I suggest Roe (Kinda of biased:p ) but he has been tuning the viper motor since it came out, so but dc performance and our very own Red can take care of you. Plus this is something that can make your Truck not drivable for a longer period:dontknow: ReTune first then go from there.just my 50 cents worth:marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back