towing 101

scoobert

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
well i did it, i had a hitch put on. i tested it today towing the boat. its hard to start on the stone driveway, i peppered my boat with rocks to get up the hill.
towing was good, strong of corse, but a bit light in the front. i think it could use a weight distributing hitch for anything heavyer.

the weight of the boat is 8000. i need to tow it a bit more to be sure it can tow well.

the way it tows 8000 i dont see why it could not tow 13,000. i would want an upgrade to the cooling system, the MPG on top of my mountain was 5-6mpg.

I see repairs in your future :dontknow:

Guess I will answer his question. The second weakest link is the clutch. :D

scoobert said:
well i did it, i had a hitch put on. i tested it today towing the boat. its hard to start on the stone driveway, i peppered my boat with rocks to get up the hill.
towing was good, strong of corse, but a bit light in the front. i think it could use a weight distributing hitch for anything heavyer.

the weight of the boat is 8000. i need to tow it a bit more to be sure it can tow well.

the way it tows 8000 i dont see why it could not tow 13,000. i would want an upgrade to the cooling system, the MPG on top of my mountain was 5-6mpg.

was this with the 10? i get bout 14 with a 24 ft car hauler that wieghs around 14k:p

Dude you dont tow a 8000 pound anything with a reg.cab,put the crack pipe down and back away.

Brat said:
Dude you dont tow a 8000 pound anything with a reg.cab,put the crack pipe down and back away.

i thought it was a QC....pass out a flyer, I DONT want to be on the road with that load....its a accident waiting to happen

Smokey said:
i thought it was a QC....pass out a flyer, I DONT want to be on the road with that load....its a accident waiting to happen

yea, no kidding

The weak link are may things.... Suspension was not designed for towing, entire clutch system, Tires / wheels, not to mention if you did cause an accident and they noticed 8k #'s on your truck, they would have a hay-day.

RedSrt007 said:
The weak link are may things.... Suspension was not designed for towing, entire clutch system, Tires / wheels, not to mention if you did cause an accident and they noticed 8k #'s on your truck, they would have a hay-day.
Very good point Patrick,I do not think Insurance would not cover any of it because these trucks are not recommended for towing.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back