Anyone get their SCT?

Got mine Friday. But I don't have 93 octane available up here. I have the 91 Octane tune. Not sure yet if it is faster than my DC stage II flash. Gonna have to wait untill the track opens up here to find out.

Hopefully sometime this week.....really looking forward to it.

--wes

Got mine and tried the 93 octane tune. I coudn't go past 3/4 throttle without it detonating like crazy. The motor rattled so loud that it sounded like my motor was full of rocks, but I don't have my 170 'stat in yet. So, I put the 91 octane tune in. It works fine with that tune. I only run 93 octane gas. I guess these motors are pretty temperature sensitive. As soon as I get the thermostat, I'll try the 93 octane tune. The 91 is way better than the stock tune though.

WOT said:
Got mine and tried the 93 octane tune. I coudn't go past 3/4 throttle without it detonating like crazy. The motor rattled so loud that it sounded like my motor was full of rocks, but I don't have my 170 'stat in yet. So, I put the 91 octane tune in. It works fine with that tune. I only run 93 octane gas. I guess these motors are pretty temperature sensitive. As soon as I get the thermostat, I'll try the 93 octane tune. The 91 is way better than the stock tune though.

I believe your 06 has a knock sensor. If you were knocking on 93 octane tune then have someone check if your knock sensor is working properly.

still waiting on mine not real happy with the stories i have heard in fact i wish i had not even ordered it... dont want any breakdowns or problems

WOT said:

If you are geting marbles bo, send it back and have him reflash it, the same thing happened with a few of the flashes stage II people got, some just had too much timing and neeeded to be reflashed, if it was that loud , it can cause you to buya few pistons if you are not careful;)

Here is my Experience after a week and a half

I have had mine for a week and a half. It has a lot more torque at low RPM but bounces off the limiter at 6800.(This was after Marty Raised it to 6800) This is with a rolling start and no tire spin. I have to shift it into second like I have a clutch????? (I have a QC) I thought you could program the transmission to shift at specific RPMs. Then in the 3-4 shift it shifts way early and kind of lays down. Acts like a diesel when they de-accelerate to shift. It shifts around 5500???? I wrote another e-mail to Marty about it but no response yet.

Then when I changed plugs yesterday I noticed some shiny little speckles on one of the plugs. I hope that does not mean problems are on the way. :( I have only drove it around a 150 miles total since the tune. Then only really got on it from a complete stop about 4 times.

I am beginning to be a little nervous about this SCT buy also.:confused:

I dotn think you want to bounce a stock valvetrain off the limiter at 6800rpms, the pushrods cant take it.

and the tranny might not either;)

rreinicherr said:
I have had mine for a week and a half. It has a lot more torque at low RPM but bounces off the limiter at 6800.(This was after Marty Raised it to 6800):

That seems high to raise the limiter that much.:dontknow: I wouldnt wind it up that high..........like Tony said, cant be good for the engine or tranny.

I am sure Marty will get back with you soon.

patrick

Any SCT flashes or pre-programmed PCMs you get are the flash writers best shot (based on their experience) to get you a tune that matches your mods, your particular truck, your environment, and your driving style. Now, with the SCT, you have the ability of getting a new revised flash via email, downloading it to the SCT, then uploading it to your truck. If you were at a dyno with your tuner, he would iteratively do this to get your truck dialed in right there. If you're remote from your tuner, you need to give them good feedback to change your tune and they will adjust the parameters based on your feedback and their experience. This is not one size fits all!!!

I know 6800 is too high and only went there once. Shouldn't the auto tranny be able to be told to shift at a certain RPM? :confused:

I have new heads coming from Marty also but I don't want to shift with my foot every time to stay off the limiter.

THANKS!

Yes there is. Marty wants to raise it to 7K with the new ported heads, springs, and titanium retainers. I may go with pushrods also.

I dont know a ton about the SCt , I am sure Marty will get with ya on it, but I think the SCT is able to change the shift point on the tranny.

go with pushrods if you go to 7000, but there is no power up above 5800 so your last 1200 is pissin in the wind:D

Stinker

THANKS! :rock:

I just sent a e-mail to Marty on the pushrods.

mauiSRT/10 said:
That seems high to raise the limiter that much.:dontknow: I wouldnt wind it up that high..........like Tony said, cant be good for the engine or tranny.

I am sure Marty will get back with you soon.

patrick

That is a big jump in r.p.m.
Never mind pushrods too much, CONNECTING ROD load becomes severe.

rreinicherr said:
I have had mine for a week and a half. It has a lot more torque at low RPM but bounces off the limiter at 6800.(This was after Marty Raised it to 6800) This is with a rolling start and no tire spin. I have to shift it into second like I have a clutch????? (I have a QC) I thought you could program the transmission to shift at specific RPMs. Then in the 3-4 shift it shifts way early and kind of lays down. Acts like a diesel when they de-accelerate to shift. It shifts around 5500???? I wrote another e-mail to Marty about it but no response yet.

Then when I changed plugs yesterday I noticed some shiny little speckles on one of the plugs. I hope that does not mean problems are on the way. :( I have only drove it around a 150 miles total since the tune. Then only really got on it from a complete stop about 4 times.

I am beginning to be a little nervous about this SCT buy also.:confused:

I went through the same thing with the power cut before it shifted and told Marty the TQ Management was still active. He sent me a screen shot showing me it wasn't. That wasn't really a solution however.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back