Paxton Setup For Sale

Scrambler1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paxton setup off my truck. Not a standard Paxton kit so here are the details...
1. Direction of outlet changed from facing the rear of the engine bay to facing the passenger side fender. This was to allow use of a real intercooler instead of the stock Paxton piece.
2. When sent off to Paxton to have outlet reoriented also had completely rebuilt
3. Polished charger
4. Standard Paxton mounting plate
5. Custom air to air intercooler, mounts inside front bumper.
6. Custom tubing, has not been powder coated
7. Approx 500 miles on it since being rebuilt while I was breaking in the new engine, new belt

Things not included:
1. No fuel system
2. No engine mgt (split second, vec, sct, etc)
3. Pins for the crank (Roe sells them for cheap)

I'm asking $4,000 shipped for everything that was on my truck. If you are planning a bigger build with a Paxton, this is what you need. No money wasted on cheap fuel system, not stuck with the stock Paxton intercooler. Don't pay 6k for a new charger only to have to buy a 1k intercooler and have custom piping made up.

I'll take and post some pics tonight. I think I've got a couple of it on my truck.

Scrambler1 said:
Paxton setup off my truck. Not a standard Paxton kit so here are the details...
1. Direction of outlet changed from facing the rear of the engine bay to facing the passenger side fender. This was to allow use of a real intercooler instead of the stock Paxton piece.
2. When sent off to Paxton to have outlet reoriented also had completely rebuilt
3. Polished charger
4. Standard Paxton mounting plate
5. Custom air to air intercooler, mounts inside front bumper.
6. Custom tubing, has not been powder coated
7. Approx 500 miles on it since being rebuilt while I was breaking in the new engine, new belt

Things not included:
1. No fuel system
2. No engine mgt (split second, vec, sct, etc)
3. Pins for the crank (Roe sells them for cheap)

I'm asking $4,000 shipped for everything that was on my truck. If you are planning a bigger build with a Paxton, this is what you need. No money wasted on cheap fuel system, not stuck with the stock Paxton intercooler. Don't pay 6k for a new charger only to have to buy a 1k intercooler and have custom piping made up.

I'll take and post some pics tonight. I think I've got a couple of it on my truck.
i think I have a split second box, not much to it, but you can thro it in with it

bigike said:
Dibs are called on behalf of Carl.... there you go just what you need!

HAHA just what I thought when I saw this thread:)

Come and get it Carl:rock: :burnout:

Here are a couple of the charger still on the truck so you can see how the piping is routed. Please excuse Boomer's nitrous and wiring all over the place :(
You can kind of see the intercooler in the lower portion of the bumper. Pics of the pieces tomorrow...

Attachments

• supercharger.jpg
    supercharger.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 189
  • supercharger2.jpg
    supercharger2.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 205
  • nose.jpg
    nose.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 110
Scrambler1 said:
Here are a couple of the charger still on the truck so you can see how the piping is routed. Please excuse Boomer's nitrous and wiring all over the place :(
You can kind of see the intercooler in the lower portion of the bumper. Pics of the pieces tomorrow...
Joe, I am pretty sure I have a split second box, will take a pic of it, and I think I have your number , and will shoot it to your camera, you can have it bro.

but I must ask a question:confused:

what is wrong with the wiring? and why did you not ever run it like it came from x-metal? wasnt it there for like a year or something?

kyle's srt10 said:
What kind of #'s did you make with this?:dontknow:

Before the engine rebuild it made ~650 rwhp through the stock Paxton intercooler. Do you remember the threads where FstJack, Ramfromhell, and I all tried to run Paxtons on extreme build motors with poor results? Mine were the same ~630hp at 4psi on one dyno pull. Paxton just doesn't move enough air for the big heads, big cam, etc engines. 3 of us have tried with almost identical results through similar engines. Best combination for the Paxton is built internals with stock or mild heads.

Here is that thread http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30312&highlight=Paxton

This system should make more power than a stock Paxton system mainly due to a much better intercooler in a better location than sitting right on top of our hot engine.

Sorry I don't have any more info than that.

Stinker said:
Joe, I am pretty sure I have a split second box, will take a pic of it, and I think I have your number , and will shoot it to your camera, you can have it bro.

but I must ask a question:confused:

what is wrong with the wiring? and why did you not ever run it like it came from x-metal? wasnt it there for like a year or something?

I appreciate that Tony

Oh man you do not want to open that can of worms!!! It wouldn't run the way it came from x-metal. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

For the record, the work on the Paxton, piping, intercooler was NOT done by Boomer but by the shop who is building the twin turbo setup that is currently on the truck.

Scrambler1 said:
I appreciate that Tony

Oh man you do not want to open that can of worms!!! It wouldn't run the way it came from x-metal. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

For the record, the work on the Paxton, piping, intercooler was NOT done by Boomer but by the shop who is building the twin turbo setup that is currently on the truck.
:D :D :D

Pics of everything. All clamps are v-band. No cheap radiator hose clamps.

I'll be out of town for the rest of the weekend but if anyone wants other pictures I'll take care of that on Monday. Also I'll be a bit out of pocket till then so don't worry if I don't respond immediately.

Attachments

• blower kit.JPG
    blower kit.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 85
  • blower rear.JPG
    blower rear.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 64
  • intercooler.JPG
    intercooler.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 65
  • paxton.JPG
    paxton.JPG