10 Quickest SRT10's

Thank Chris, forgot the bassani headers, castles mids, and magnaflow exhaust. The street weight is 4600lbs without me and 4450 race weight without me, 4850 and 4700 with me

1. Dom (505'sFastestViper) - 9.09 @ 148
2. J. Young (unregistered) - 9.71 @ 141
3. Mike (nowwhat) - 10.73 @ 125.1
4. Justin (ARRESTmeRed04) - 10.82 @ 125.31
5. Craig (srt10x3) - 10.88 @ 127.12
6. Paul (Hilgee) - 11.00 @ 120 @ 123.49
7. Mike (1fast400) - 11.03 @ 123.71
8. Chris (VIPER) - 11.0x @ 125.xx
9. Tony (JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE) - 11.21 @ 126.74
10. Justin (JMB Justin) - 11.30 @ 119.7

Here is a list of the majority of the stuff that Justin used to turn his truck into a 10 second monster. It is worth noting that he does 100% of the work on his truck. Many of the trucks on the list are tuner built, big money builds. Justin built his in his garage, working 60+ hour weeks, with a reasonable budget. It should also be mentioned that the weight reduction work he did was extensive and very well thought out. He was able to remove 400ish pounds from his truck and still leave the factory interior and sway bars in place. Another thing that needs to be said, is that the parts shown below don't always bolt on. More often than not they need to be reworked/corrected/screwed with, to work correctly.

-B&M Shifter
-400+ pounds of weight reduction (4500ish race weight)
-stock air box with K&N drop in filter
-Venomous Racing under drive pulley
-BBK throttle body
-Torrie 93 octane email tune
-Fidenza aluminum flywheel
-Spec stage 3+ clutch
-Caltracs
-cryo'd spiders
-rebuilt factory posi (Justin said it pushes the tires together so hard that
occasionally one will chirp when going around corners_
-Venomous1 Racing/Nitrous Outlet nitrous kit (spraying 200 shot)
-15x3.5 front wheels, with 28x4.5x15 tires
-16x10 rear wheels, with 30x14x16 M&H tires
-DJM 2" lower control arms
-1.75" lowering blocks in the rear
-lots and lots and lots of practice
-custom battery hold down strap :D

Justin said he feels the most important part of his setup is that it dead hooks (1.5x 60's) and that it is geared to use all of 4th gear.

Here is a video of Justin's run:

Nitrous SRT-10 10.82@125 - YouTube

Nitrous is a V1Racing/ Nitrous Outlet kit ;-)
It's a joint effort deal and while Justin did 100% of the work himself, Venomous1 Racing tuned the Nitrous in :burnout: and will aid in further optimizing of his system.
Congrats once again bro on years of racing coming to fruition. As elusive as that 10 second slip seemed, you kept after it and overcame the hurdle! :rock:

Nitrous is a V1Racing/ Nitrous Outlet kit ;-)
It's a joint effort deal and while Justin did 100% of the work himself, Venomous1 Racing tuned the Nitrous in :burnout: and will aid in further optimizing of his system.
Congrats once again bro on years of racing coming to fruition. As elusive as that 10 second slip seemed, you kept after it and overcame the hurdle! :rock:

Tuned it in? I thought he was running a 93 octane mail order tune?

Tuned it in? I thought he was running a 93 octane mail order tune?

Indeed he is, and regardless what tune is in PCM datalogging A/F real time during a pull is essential to keeping our engines alive. Many (generic kits) out there are based on 10-55 psi fuel pressure yet we are 62ish ;)
It's very important to see exactly what affect particular jetting has on the tune in PCM. Not just slap a kit on and go:eek:
His first couple pulls were backfiring like a cannon as he was at 9.3:1 A/F once I datalogged a n20 pull on board with Justin.
We added a larger N2o pill to lean her out to 10.3:1 where he made these record shattering times.
We both agree we will pull fuel slightly to get around another point to 11.3:1 or so. This should benefit 60ft and ET/Trap :burnout:
Now flip side is he coulda started out lean on his first two pulls and melted rings and ring lands real fast! Tuning the Nitrous is ESSENTIAL!:heeeelllllooooo:

Last edited:
Indeed he is, and regardless what tune is in PCM datalogging A/F real time during a pull is essential to keeping our engines alive. Many (generic kits) out there are based on 10-55 psi fuel pressure yet we are 62ish ;)
It's very important to see exactly what affect particular jetting has on the tune in PCM. Not just slap a kit on and go:eek:
His first couple pulls were backfiring like a cannon as he was at 9.3:1 A/F once I datalogged a n20 pull on board with Justin.
We added a larger N2o pill to lean her out to 10.3:1 where he made these record shattering times.
We both agree we will pull fuel slightly to get around another point to 11.3:1 or so. This should benefit 60ft and ET/Trap :burnout:
Now flip side is he coulda started out lean on his first two pulls and melted rings and ring lands real fast! Tuning the Nitrous is ESSENTIAL!:heeeelllllooooo:
Bro, you are making it sound like VR1 racing put together Justin's 10 second truck, when in reality Justin had one of the 10 quickest SRT10's before he ever sprayed it. I realize you two are friends. Thanks to your explanation above I also now know that you helped with the N2O. Nevertheless, Justin's build isn't a VR1 Racing truck, it's the culmination of lots of time and effort sorting out a great combination that works.

Bro, you are making it sound like VR1 racing put together Justin's 10 second truck, when in reality Justin had one of the 10 quickest SRT10's before he ever sprayed it. I realize you two are friends. Thanks to your explanation above I also now know that you helped with the N2O. Nevertheless, Justin's build isn't a VR1 Racing truck, it's the culmination of lots of time and effort sorting out a great combination that works.

Easy bro, I am not claiming that at all? I simply said I tuned in the spray! We are great friends and have pushed each other for years to make each others trucks faster. Always at the same track, videoing each others runs. I didn't build it nor ever ask him if he wanted to put V1R Built on his truck! I know he built it bro! I agree 100% its a great combination! I never even thought he'd spray this early on but he made that choice as all other choices in his build. I was lucky enough to supply a small bit of parts he chose to accompany his winning combination so yes I'm proud of that and his accomplishments! Many times I drove to the track minus my truck to support him and fine tune his spray! That's it:D

Last edited:
You should only be on the list with a pic of the time slip.

Most have timeslips and video. I spent a lot of time talking with, researching, and talking to other members about, any trucks on the list that don't have a timeslip.

After you and I talked, I did some more digging through my notes. The truck you had questions about has verification of a run that would move him back one place on the list, but wouldn't knock him off of it. That truck is legit.

Didnt that Viper guy just say he ran 11.02? Why is he not on the list?

Edit* Nevermind. Just saw it. woops

Didnt that Viper guy just say he ran 11.02? Why is he not on the list?

Edit* Nevermind. Just saw it. woops
Yes, Sir. #8.

1. Dom (505'sFastestViper) - 9.09 @ 148
2. J. Young (unregistered) - 9.71 @ 141
3. Mike (nowwhat) - 10.73 @ 125.1
4. Justin (ARRESTmeRed04) - 10.82 @ 125.xx
5. Craig (srt10x3) - 10.88 @ 127.12
6. Paul (Hilgee) - 11.00 @ 120 @ 123.49
7. Mike (1fast400) - 11.03 @ 123.71
8. Chris (VIPER) - 11.0x @ 125.xx
9. Tony (JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE) - 11.21 @ 126.74
10. Justin (JMB Justin) - 11.30 @ 119.7

Ok. We need some new names for 2014 on their.

I completely agree. And it's not a bad thing to respectfully question the information there. The point is to have an accurate list.

For the record, there are 9 trucks out there that supposedly ran quick enough to make the list. I simply couldn't verify it.

I did talk to one guy the other day, not currently on the list, that thinks he'll run a 10.6x before the end of next summer.

Looks like Dom is the only one that doesn't have to worry about being knocked off. If you are not the lead dog, the view never changes.

The bar will be set very high this year. If I don't trap 200 before the end of the year I will buy two members a lifetime membership to my local library

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back