2006 Srt-10

I have read this as well. It actually voids the warranty. I like the look of black wrapped headers. I worked on a truck with wrapped headers. After he drove 20 miles to my shop i could rest my arm against them, just for a second or so, but they were suprisingly cool to the touch. The headers on that truck look worse for wear. Removing them, and sandblasting them, then coating/spraying them with black ceramic header paint making sure to get the flanges and wrapping them. With the intent being to make sure the parts that arent wrapped arent rusting. This would restore those for 60 bucks with substantially less downtime and expense. Am i in the right ballpark here?

I have read this as well. It actually voids the warranty. I like the look of black wrapped headers. I worked on a truck with wrapped headers. After he drove 20 miles to my shop i could rest my arm against them, just for a second or so, but they were suprisingly cool to the touch. The headers on that truck look worse for wear. Removing them, and sandblasting them, then coating/spraying them with black ceramic header paint making sure to get the flanges and wrapping them. With the intent being to make sure the parts that arent wrapped arent rusting. This would restore those for 60 bucks with substantially less downtime and expense. Am i in the right ballpark here?

well, if your gunna SB and recoat them, why wrap them??? there is a truck for sale out there that has Belanger LTH on it, and they are coated and shiny. i think its a black 06 too.:dontknow:

well, if your gunna SB and recoat them, why wrap them??? there is a truck for sale out there that has Belanger LTH on it, and they are coated and shiny. i think its a black 06 too.:dontknow:

They look real good for sure. That truck isnt sure which garage it wants to call home tho.
black-header-wrap-app.jpg

Last edited:
Man thats all I need to see to buy that truck, how about maybe an outside shot, atleast one. Some dealers are idiots.

What kills me is when they post 78 pictures of the outside of the truck. All the time and effort, then never pop the hood and take a picture of the viper. WTF

I know someone selling an 06 QC for sale. NiteRunner Edition. I think he has 40,000 miles on it though.

Pick up Geodrillers truck in 24 hours. Per Chris's suggestion i think i may get wasted on Johnny Walker Black Label, smoke a cuban and sleep till i get on the plane tomorrow morning

You should track down that inferno red QC with the 6 spd in it!! Last i heard it was still for sale!!

Only problem with that is no financial institution that I know of will finance a vehicle with a rebuilt title.

Only problem with that is no financial institution that I know of will finance a vehicle with a rebuilt title.

USAA will finance 85% of the book value... In the case of that particular truck they were willing to go 28500

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back