2008 Viper pics

Hamrhead said:
Supercharged LS7. Are you still not sure?

that's not squeezing more outa the engine that's bolting on a supercharger:p so, yes i'm still not sure...

tidnab said:
that's not squeezing more outa the engine that's bolting on a supercharger:p so, yes i'm still not sure...
So what? You just said "the Ford GT (not GT40 - Ford can't legally use that name) is the best sports car that America has ever put out", and it's supercharged.

What's the difference how they make the power?:dontknow:

Steve Austin said:
The heads that have been tested are the same configuration as the 6.1 hemi engine. The first heads were a direct bolt on to our gen 3 engines but there has been alot of changes in the last year.

I told ya :)
Steve Austin

Not exactly sure what you meant by this, but the engine pic in that link looks way too narrow to be a Hemi-Head, IMHO.:dontknow:

Hamrhead said:
So what? You just said "the Ford GT (not GT40 - Ford can't legally use that name) is the best sports car that America has ever put out", and it's supercharged.

What's the difference how they make the power?:dontknow:

the difference is i said "they can't squeeze much more out of that engine" not they can't bolt on some shit to get more power lol big difference..

I doubt chevy will every build a production vette with a supercharger (but I could be wrong)

tidnab said:
the difference is i said "they can't squeeze much more out of that engine" not they can't bolt on some shit to get more power lol big difference..

I doubt chevy will every build a production vette with a supercharger (but I could be wrong)

Chevrolet's code name for the supercharged Corvette is "Blue Devil".

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/12/27/2008-dodve-viper-with-600hp-revealed-on-cover-of-road-and-track/

Sorry, at work. Can't look for a better link at this time, but it is out there....

Will

The Viper concept is two fold...huge hp and monster brakes. If you want traction contol and amenities go get a Crossfire. The Viper is what the Viper is...brutish...it is successful as is.

Why hang all of that other stuff on it? If Dodge really wants to compete with the Z06 it needs a different platform...but leave the Viper...alone...love it as it is, if the designers get their way, and it ends up with 650 hp...count me in. I will keep my truck...but the Volvo will go and a new '08 coupe will take its place. I hope my "brick" didn't hear that:eek: :eek: On second thought, I would keep the Volvo too.

I'll take a current production coupe (at great prices by the way) and a Paxton with some other bolt on mods. Price would be competitive with what the '07 snake would cost and I'd have quite a bit more power for those Vettes or whatever rears its ugly head.

good points

1: blue devil a production chevy car?
2: you're right, about viper and vette being different... it's apples and oranges... and with that said, I guess I'm looking for dodge to come out with something to compete with :
1: an evo or wrx/sti (or any other rally car for that matter)
2: the cts-V or better yet the M5 no the charger doesn't cut it

I just cringe when someone calls a viper a supersportscar... it's a musclecar... sports cars handle the viper does not...

I'll give the viper one thing though, it looks WICKED frickin cool!!

tidnab said:
good points

2: you're right, about viper and vette being different... it's apples and oranges... and with that said, I guess I'm looking for dodge to come out with something to compete with :

Blue devil is a test car, been a lot of tease shot but still a concept.

DCX has the 300C SRT-8 which competes very well with the CTS-V, for the price pretty much kicks it's butt.

Will

Manic said:
Blue devil is a test car, been a lot of tease shot but still a concept.

DCX has the 300C SRT-8 which competes very well with the CTS-V, for the price pretty much kicks it's butt.

Will

hmm... I'll have to test drive one then... I've driven the cts-v and the charger srt-8 and the cts-v is a much better balanced car (it is however more expensive)... besides the v is a 6 speed :D

tidnab said:
hmm... I'll have to test drive one then... I've driven the cts-v and the charger srt-8 and the cts-v is a much better balanced car (it is however more expensive)... besides the v is a 6 speed :D

Very true. A choice of a 6 speed would be very nice...

Hamrhead said:
Not exactly sure what you meant by this, but the engine pic in that link looks way too narrow to be a Hemi-Head, IMHO.:dontknow:

They were testing the hemi head design on the gen 3 engine a years ago.

Steve Austin

tidnab said:
good points

I just cringe when someone calls a viper a supersportscar... it's a musclecar... sports cars handle the viper does not...

I'll give the viper one thing though, it looks WICKED frickin cool!!

OK...what planet are you from. Why in the hell would Dodge even want to compete with an Evo or WRX. It costs 85K...it is exotic...and it does handle, have you seen the lateral acceleration 1.03 Gs. Come to my house in spring and I will make you pee on yourself. I have go karts that will pull 2.5 Gs in a corner, and I can assure you the Viper is a great, no wonderful supercar. It kicks my CTS-V's ass.

And onto the Ford GT, I liked this quote, "the Viper is a sledge hammer, while the Ford GT is a scalpel". But what I see is that if the Ford is soooo great then why did no one buy the damn things. Cuz Ford sucks, who cares if they get one car right now and then. The GT had recalls right from the minute it was produced. Remember they stopped production... Furthermore, it hasn't been a good time for any supercars. The Z06 (not a supercar, but it does have supercar performance) has done well because of price for performance. Don't fret though; the Viper will be victorious again.

You need to read more articles on how the Viper performs in all categories (0-60 in 3.9, 60-0 in 104 feet, 100-0 in 288 feet, 1.03 lateral Gs...except it is obviously not and thank God never will be a Rally car.

Steve Austin said:
They were testing the hemi head design on the gen 3 engine a years ago.

Steve Austin
OK, but is that a Hemi-Head in these pics? Now that I've looked a few times, I can't see very well past those 'vette-like valve covers'?:confused: :confused:

thanks for the pics man!
Kinda funn how things come full circle in a way, body style and intake similaritys are a lot like my 2000 GTS, but done much better.
now i have to come up a dual throttle body package, and i just finished up the Gen3 engine throttle body!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back