2008 Viper pics

Manic said:
Blue devil is a test car, been a lot of tease shot but still a concept.

Will
The 'Blue Devil' is currently aimed for 09 production. And the engine is not supposed to be based on the LS7 anymore but still supercharged with rumors of 650hp. GM is coming out with a new engine for the Vettes with the 08 model.

CarDude said:
OK...what planet are you from. Why in the hell would Dodge even want to compete with an Evo or WRX. It costs 85K...it is exotic...and it does handle, have you seen the lateral acceleration 1.03 Gs. Come to my house in spring and I will make you pee on yourself. I have go karts that will pull 2.5 Gs in a corner, and I can assure you the Viper is a great, no wonderful supercar. It kicks my CTS-V's ass.

And onto the Ford GT, I liked this quote, "the Viper is a sledge hammer, while the Ford GT is a scalpel". But what I see is that if the Ford is soooo great then why did no one buy the damn things. Cuz Ford sucks, who cares if they get one car right now and then. The GT had recalls right from the minute it was produced. Remember they stopped production... Furthermore, it hasn't been a good time for any supercars. The Z06 (not a supercar, but it does have supercar performance) has done well because of price for performance. Don't fret though; the Viper will be victorious again.

You need to read more articles on how the Viper performs in all categories (0-60 in 3.9, 60-0 in 104 feet, 100-0 in 288 feet, 1.03 lateral Gs...except it is obviously not and thank God never will be a Rally car.

point 1: the evo will out handle the viper pig any day (but it's apples and oranges and pretty irrlevant to what i had previously stated)
point 2: i've had 2 viper trucks and love them... but we're not talkin about trucks
point 3: yes, i have driven vipers and guess what they handle like ass... your average sports sedan handles better
point 4: supercar my ass... supercars can do it ALL the viper simply cannot... let's face it it's not a gt2 or gt3.... it's hella not a turbo... i can keep going
point 5: you don't need to be so bitter about me bashing the viper car... but if it was so frickin great i wouldn't have seen lots of 05's and 06's still sittin on lots... they can't give those things away...

why don't you guys just get over it... as someone else said it's BIG engine... BIG brakes... and it looks frickin sweet... it's a musclecar

p.s. if you think those numbers=performance you're wrong there's more to sports cars than numbers... like the ability to turn... lol if I wanna go fast in a straight line I'll hop on my 1300cc bike...

kthxbye

Last edited:
tidnab said:
rather than going on about what a pos i think the viper is let me use a different case in point

Chevy had it RIGHT when they built the typhoon/scyclone... it was the fastest production vehicle they made for those years (i think) (89-90?)... it was an all wheel drive truck... it had the BEST of both worlds... speed and handling (for a truck)... I don't know why they ditched it nor do i understand why ford and dodge didn't follow suit on that design... the point is, they atleast had some engineering involved with that vehicle... with both handling AND speed in mind... the viper is basically dodge throwing the biggest f'in engine they could build and throw it in a car... bam... done... wtf??:confused:

I see lots of 05 vipers still sitting on the lots not because the z06 kicked their ass, not because they're overpriced it's because they're straight line musclecars.....they think adding horsepower is going to put them back over the vette?? how about they fix the car and stop throwing horsepower at it.... all the horsepower in the world doesn't mean jack if it's not managable by your every day driver

I guess thats why they had trouble giving away the vehicle you bought anyway? You need meds and some better information. :ridinghorse:

Yea Chevy did a great job beating the Viper in 2006, wow could they have made it look any more like a fucking Viper? I love how a company takes 10 years and 10 times as much money to copy something that they and their fans hate. Vipers 3rd engine isn’t even here till next year, if you think DC putts any effort into the Viper your living in la la land. Dodge Viper has made every single major leap in power and Vett has played
catch up for half my life time, the sports car war is over Viper was number 1 for years, now with all the newer Vehicles its going to be a drivers race or mod race. 40 years ago everyone was pretty close, seems DC has not allowed that to be possible anymore for some time, well that’s over and obviously everyone is just gonna boost everything. So now Ford and Chevy people can get out of depression by telling themselves that their cars are just as good as the SRT vehicles. Fords GT40 is also better if you wanted something else to say negative about the car that has its engine in a truck that you ended up buying.

They are only 4 or 9 years late no big deal… :ridinghorse:

tidnab said:
point 1: the evo will out handle the viper pig any day (but it's apples and oranges and pretty irrlevant to what i had previously stated)
point 2: i've had 2 viper trucks and love them... but we're not talkin about trucks
point 3: yes, i have driven vipers and guess what they handle like ass... your average sports sedan handles better
point 4: supercar my ass... supercars can do it ALL the viper simply cannot... let's face it it's not a gt2 or gt3.... it's hella not a turbo... i can keep going
point 5: you don't need to be so bitter about me bashing the viper car... but if it was so frickin great i wouldn't have seen lots of 05's and 06's still sittin on lots... they can't give those things away...

why don't you guys just get over it... as someone else said it's BIG engine... BIG brakes... and it looks frickin sweet... it's a musclecar

p.s. if you think those numbers=performance you're wrong there's more to sports cars than numbers... like the ability to turn... lol if I wanna go fast in a straight line I'll hop on my 1300cc bike...

kthxbye

You sound very upset that Dodge doesnt putt any effort into the Viper,.. Its just a car man, I guess it wasn’t meant for you. I will have to assume your just not going to own one anytime soon, you are just going to own the Dodge truck with the Viper engine... :dontknow: :D

I need meds after trying to read those 60 word sentences you tried to put together with your third grade english.

Maybe you didn't understand what I said earlier, maybe you simply didn't read it, or maybe you're just taking me a little TOO seriously.

My point is very simple, I love my dodge trucks, I do not like the viper car however, they could improve it in so many ways it's ridiculous. I really don't see the point of arguing this. It's really semantics, the fact is the viper hasn't changed much since they introduced it. It's all engine and brakes with no finesse, I've driven it, I REALLy wanted to buy one but opted for a 996-4 instead.

No need to bash me guys maybe I should just go over to the other forum where they can take a guys opinion and take it for what it's worth...

tidnab said:
...I really don't see the point of arguing this. It's really semantics...

Here is my problem. You felt so strongly about your opinion that you thought you needed to post it, now that someone has given you grief you don't see the point in arguing it...:dontknow:

You’re not thinking ahead if you believe this forum isn't loaded with people who love the Viper. Some...including myself refer to the truck as the Viper Truck. Which I am sure you have as well. Why borrow the engine and the name if there isn't some connection to an awesome car. It would be like calling the truck the Neon Truck...you would never do it. Hell, some even get mad if you called there SRT-4 a Neon. Kind of like calling an Evo a Lancer or an STI an Impreza, they are but why bother.

I considered many cars before I bought the Viper...yet I am still in my second one.

Here's one for you tidnab…It's like the old joke.
What's the difference between a porcupine and a Porsche? With the porcupine the prick is on the outside...hahaha...remember, it's just a joke.

cardude, if you're going to argue with me (which I don't mind) then argue based on facts and don't twist words that I stated and come at with some nonsense that doesn't make any sense(as others have already done)... Add to that personal insult bah bah bah it's just lame.

Do I love my truck? yes (that's why I bought 2)

Is it too much for me to ask to wish that dodge put a little frickin engineering and inginuity into their high end sports car?? WTF?

There (ahhh gosh let's throw a big engine in dis sum'bitch) bullshit just doesn't wash... how do I know this??? gee it's simple... chevy is kicking their ass.. oh, you say? for one year!!(hahah tidnab you idiot)... oh contraire!! they're kicking our ass in sales 2 fold? hahah 4 fold?? hahaha :mad: by a LOT more than that.

Oh, you say, tidnab the vette is less expensive, people just can't afford the viper you idiot.... touche' you REALLY got me there... let's point out the porsche 996/997 priced the same.... you don't want to know how many more are on the road of those..

Oh, you say again, tidnab you're still a moron and need to go on meds because it's apples to oranges, while that may be true it's $$ for $$ the point being that if I've got 90K ish to spend on a sports car I can take my pick of either and the majority (by a LONG shot won't pick the viper) why? imo because it's an unengineered straight outa da 60's musclecar..

Oh bandit you're just hopeless, you may say, you don't get the fun of the viper, the teeth rattling, neck breaking fun that it is. You'd be right, I don't get it, if they just put a little more engineering into their cars they'd be amazing.

With all that said, they did the trucks right, they are super-trucks and no other compares.

Before you guys continue to flame me maybe I should re-iterate that my MAIN POINT is I wish dodge make the viper better. (more horsepower is great, but there's more to a sportscar than power..

Can't argue that the viper will launch fast in a straight line and turn heads cuz it has good looks. I can see a need to improve its handling prowess, but truth be told if I was to buy a car like that I would take it to the 1/4 mi track more often than a Laguna Seca type course. I am sure that some vipers are well tuned for the track (ACR edition, Viper-drifter :dontknow: ) but outta the showroom floor they are not at the top from what I have read.

This is kinda a dumb debat, but, I love arguements:D

Everyone has there different opinions on the definition of a supercar or super truck for that matter so that put aside

The corvette "z06" is without a doubt "the best" performance car for the money. It is comfortable, outragous perfomance on level with many european cars costing hundreds of thousands more. Plus the electronics of the car, the sophistication of the ABS, traction control, ergonomics, and so on are worlds above others.

Second is the Viper, outstanding performance , but rough on its edges, still a great bargain for the money no doubt. But its level of sophistication is still in progress. But it wasnt developed like the vette. It was designed as a "race" car for the street. Very tight corners, tight suspension, tight driver space.

The two are both excellent cars , just in different sections of the automotive world. But hands down as a "street" driven car the vette is much more refined.The viper was developed to do one thing and one thing only do fast.

On the racing scene you can take a viper and go directly out and be competitive, the vette takes a little work.

Then you talk of the GT ford, well its in its own little world. For one it was a short production vehicle, so actually it should be taken out, but if not , then it is in the same league as the viper, to do one thing , go fast, nothing else.

All three of these cars are different catagories

The Z06 is a super street car capable of being a super car.

The Viper a street designed race Car

The GT a super car designed for the street.

tidnab said:
I need meds after trying to read those 60 word sentences you tried to put together with your third grade english.

Maybe you didn't understand what I said earlier, maybe you simply didn't read it, or maybe you're just taking me a little TOO seriously.

My point is very simple, I love my dodge trucks, I do not like the viper car however, they could improve it in so many ways it's ridiculous. I really don't see the point of arguing this. It's really semantics, the fact is the viper hasn't changed much since they introduced it. It's all engine and brakes with no finesse, I've driven it, I REALLy wanted to buy one but opted for a 996-4 instead.

No need to bash me guys maybe I should just go over to the other forum where they can take a guys opinion and take it for what it's worth...

I will stick to my 60 word sentences, and just continue to do everything else right :D ; You’re the one with the bug up the ass not anyone else, calm down and stop worrying about things that obviously don’t concern you. When I don’t have anything nice to say about something that’s brand new and not even compared or tested I don’t say anything at all. Until this vehicle is putt up against the competitors it is simply pure ignorance to be on a Dodge Viper affiliated website while ranting about how much you don't like it. You can move on or just continue to be miserable. This isn’t affecting me, I don’t have a truck with an engine I hate LOL, but trust me, you can still move on with your life and pretend its something else.

Oh and yes, if your interested in paying about the same, and are going for stock performance with 2nd class quality than the Z06 is the one for you!

Happy motoring. :star: :star: :star:

Last edited:
Stinker said:
the Viper, outstanding performance , but rough on its edges, still a great bargain for the money no doubt. But its level of sophistication is still in progress. But it wasnt developed like the vette. It was designed as a "race" car for the street. Very tight corners, tight suspension, tight driver space.

The Viper a street designed race Car
But this is the way the majority of Viper owners, and those who aspire to own a Viper, want the car to be!

Those who love Vipers love them because they are 'rough around the edges'. They don't want the 'electronic sophistication' that Covettes (and others) have. Save your traction control, stability control, and electric sphincter heaters for the candy-asses.

Viper's are meant for enthuiasts who love to feel how a car reacts, and are willing to learn how to drive them to their potential.

If you're looking for a performance car that will use technology to help keep you from screwing up - look elsewhere. Personally, I'd rather do the driving myself.:)

Last edited:
tidnab,
With all the talk of super car performance, you of all people had better be tracking your car weekly, cuz if not your points are worthless.

The problem with the Vette as well as the Porsche is that the mass majority of people can't tell the difference between the expensive turbo (or ZO6) than the cheap ones. No offense to Corvette owners or Porsche owners, but they don't look the part. The Viper and GT look the part, I don't see them daily. I am not looking for people to love what I drive; it is just nice to own something I don't see every day. It really pisses me off to know there are people who think that just because a car has super performance numbers they will go and buy it...but they will never use it. And that my friend is bullshit. I can use everything that Viper offers...I can always....always, use more horsepower. Whether you think it is a muscle car or not I don't give a shit. Your opinion only peeved me because you benefited from the use of the same damn engine in your truck. Urrr I mean your muscle truck.

Hamrhead said:
But this is the way the majority of Viper owners, and those who aspire to own a Viper, want the car to be!

Those who love Vipers love them because they are 'rough around the edges'. They don't want the 'electronic sophistication' that Covettes (and others) have. Save your traction control, stability control, and electric sphincter heaters for the candy-asses.

Viper's are meant for enthuiasts who love to feel how a car reacts, and are willing to learn how to drive them to their potential.

If you're looking for a performance car that will use technology to help keep you from screwing up - look elsewhere. Personally, I'd rather do the driving myself.:)

Amen reverend...and that's it...on that note nothing else needs to be said.:adore:

Tibnab...hmmmmm...could that be a second identity for 1fast400? He seems to engender the same kind of reactions...maybe not, but probably out of the same mold...

I must chime in one mo time! LOLOL

Personally I have a vette, unfortunatly momma want part withit:confused:

I wanted to purchase a new 06 viper blue white coupe, but alas not now she says:(

but I love the Viper much more than the vette, brutal performance, love the muscle car sound! And the pull is like an ol big block chevy on steroids!

the vette needs a suit, eh, not really me:D

Stinker said:
I must chime in one mo time! LOLOL

Personally I have a vette, unfortunatly momma want part withit:confused:

I wanted to purchase a new 06 viper blue white coupe, but alas not now she says:(

but I love the Viper much more than the vette, brutal performance, love the muscle car sound! And the pull is like an ol big block chevy on steroids!

the vette needs a suit, eh, not really me:D

My turn... :D

I will have to agree with the Hillbilly.

Both cars have a totally different purpose. The viper is raw power and the Corvette is more fine tuned. Why do you pay more for a viper? Exclusivity, they are very rare, while the 'vette is more mass produced in comparison.

Will

OK, I guess I expect more out of a sportscar than muscle and braking power... I don't expect more out of the truck..

Someone asked about tracks experience, without going into detail, yes I've taken 50% of the vechicles I've owned to the tracks... my previous srt-10 saw palmdale on a monthly basis.(probably why it was beat to hell when i traded it in)

I still think you guys aren't getting what I'm saying... what i'm saying is I'd like to buy a viper, I like the looks of the viper, and LOVE the sound of the viper.. I just wish it was more refined

The purpose of my coments wasn't to take an allout bash on the car, but I still think the viper would do better if it appealed to more people... how difficult would it be to create another viper(they already have like 5+ different versions of the thing (call it the srt-girlie) put in some creature features, traction control, a little more room for my big ass, maybe (and this is pushing it) all wheel drive, maybe an smg (lol like that'll happen) and charge 98-102K for it, YES PLEASE!!! I'd buy it in a second

When I drove the viper for a few days I was always scared that when it broke loose I'd just go flying it was completely unmanageable and unnecessarily so...

lastly, I don't really see the point in bashing me or even comparing me to the others aforementioned.... it's just my opinion guys... btw, did someone say it's nice to own something you don't see everyday?? that's pretty low on my criteria for buying a car... If I used that methodology for car buying, I'd go buy a yugo, ya don't see those everyday either

Manic said:
My turn... :D

I will have to agree with the Hillbilly.

Both cars have a totally different purpose. The viper is raw power and the Corvette is more fine tuned. Why do you pay more for a viper? Exclusivity, they are very rare, while the 'vette is more mass produced in comparison.

Will

they are very rare??? they're only rare because they're not highly desired, much like our trucks(which I don't understand)(BIG difference)..

why do you pay more for a viper? because they're rare?? wait I completely lost you on this one, you're going to buy a viper just because you don't see many??

AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT DOESN'T THINK THIS MAKES SENSE??? I want to buy a car because there aren't many on the road??

there aren't many on the road because most people don't want them!!! they're not on the road cuz they're still sitting on the dealer lots...

the vette' AND the porsche for that matter are only mass produced because the market will bear it... chevy and porsche are in the car business to make money.... LOL

Last edited:
Back