2008 Viper pics

tidnab said:
OK, I guess I expect more out of a sportscar than muscle and braking power... I don't expect more out of the truck..

Someone asked about tracks experience, without going into detail, yes I've taken 50% of the vechicles I've owned to the tracks... my previous srt-10 saw palmdale on a monthly basis.(probably why it was beat to hell when i traded it in)

I still think you guys aren't getting what I'm saying... what i'm saying is I'd like to buy a viper, I like the looks of the viper, and LOVE the sound of the viper.. I just wish it was more refined

The purpose of my coments wasn't to take an allout bash on the car, but I still think the viper would do better if it appealed to more people... how difficult would it be to create another viper(they already have like 5+ different versions of the thing (call it the srt-girlie) put in some creature features, traction control, a little more room for my big ass, maybe (and this is pushing it) all wheel drive, maybe an smg (lol like that'll happen) and charge 98-102K for it, YES PLEASE!!! I'd buy it in a second

When I drove the viper for a few days I was always scared that when it broke loose I'd just go flying it was completely unmanageable and unnecessarily so...

lastly, I don't really see the point in bashing me or even comparing me to the others aforementioned.... it's just my opinion guys... btw, did someone say it's nice to own something you don't see everyday?? that's pretty low on my criteria for buying a car... If I used that methodology for car buying, I'd go buy a yugo, ya don't see those everyday either

Well thats just it, you have your opinion, and everyone else has theirs, I wanted a 300SRT until I saw how everyone thought the same thing but bought the base model. It dose completely discredit the car, this is why the Vett will be just another car on the road, and the Viper will be a Viper on the road...

The Viper is obviously for more serious racing enthusiast who wants something original, different, and hand made with caution tape instead of traction control. With more potential than the Vett by a long shot it’s an open and shut case for many race lovers. Modding cost effectiveness is often many times more important than stock capabilities. Especially when the vehicles are very close in performance and price like these 2 are. I know I cant keep anything stock, but if you want a stock Vett god bless ya.

lemme see if i can some up this thread

ya'all: here's some pics of the 08

tidnab: wow that looks pretty sweet, i wish they'd do more refining rather than bumping there horsepower but yea, it looks saweet

ya'all:tindab you're an idiot this is like the best and fastest car on the road
t
idnab: it's an unrefined musclecar

ya'all you need meds or something this car is the platform to which your truck was based on how DARE you bash it you naive prick

tiddnab: it's still an unrefined musclecar that i wish they'd improve on so more people (like me!!) would want to buy

ya'all: we like it cuz it's rare and exotic

tidnab: wtf you like it cuz it's rare? a: that makes no sense and b:that's no reason to buy a car

ya'all: you must not be into cars or race cars because you obviously have no clue.

I love the viper mentality, there aren't many made because they're exotic and rare!! And most would continue on to tell me if you don't like it it's prolly because you can't afford it. WTF it's an ~85K car it's only rare because they're not in demand, they're not in demand because they're not well rounded, they're not well rounded because why?? because that's what the consumer wants???

I understand the viper fits a very very small nitch market.. wtf is that?? whatabout the average consumer bastard like me?? I want a frickin refined viper with american muscle that handles like it's on rails... why is that too frickin hard to get from dodge??

they don't make a car the compares with any of the follwing the mustang the camaro OR the corvette (imo) they're in their own little badass category... which is fine...

they should get with the AMG teams to develop a new dodge supercar

tidnab said:
OK, I guess I expect more out of a sportscar than muscle and braking power... I don't expect more out of the truck..

I still think you guys aren't getting what I'm saying... what i'm saying is I'd like to buy a viper, I like the looks of the viper, and LOVE the sound of the viper.. I just wish it was more refined

The purpose of my coments wasn't to take an allout bash on the car, but I still think the viper would do better if it appealed to more people... how difficult would it be to create another viper(they already have like 5+ different versions of the thing (call it the srt-girlie) put in some creature features, traction control, a little more room for my big ass, maybe (and this is pushing it) all wheel drive, maybe an smg (lol like that'll happen) and charge 98-102K for it, YES PLEASE!!! I'd buy it in a second

When I drove the viper for a few days I was always scared that when it broke loose I'd just go flying it was completely unmanageable and unnecessarily so..

I read what you wrote and I understand it. Unfortunately, the Dodge Viper is not for you. With any luck, it never will be. Sorry.

su

tidnab said:
blah blah blah blllllllaahh blahh abllahhllalal blah blahhhh bull shit up my ass, and no way I don’t want to get anymore embarrassed so I will make up a fictional conversation to save my burnt ass.

tiddnab:

DUDE SHUT UP,

12-27-06
(Daniel Pund, Senior Editor,)
“From what we remember of our last Viper drive, and the heat exhaustion that immediately followed, we would have hoped that Dodge would offer an interior trimmed in asbestos.” Its too hot baby, too hot for your pussy ass Viper haters HAHA

What the fuck is wrong with you people, I would Love for a Viper to burn my ass every time I got out of it, sign me the fuck up, Im “dick” enough to own a Viper I guess..

*And if anyone isn’t impressed at all, these engine "Dynamic" comparisons are like going from 5.7 Hemi to 6.1 Hemi without as much displacement change and having even slightly more power. ****Corvette had to completely stroke and bore the engine 1 whole liter, as well as upgrade cam and heads to make that much more total power difference. NOW WHAT NIGGAZ!! DAYYYM IM GOOD!

Last edited:
OMG I have been reading about the new Viper...and I need one. Anyone looking for a man whore, cuz I need this car. It is supposed to have forged internals, beefed-up tranny, and rear end...that means even more safe horsepower. Can anyone spare some change?

Stinker said:
The corvette "z06" is without a doubt "the best" performance car for the money. It is comfortable, outragous perfomance on level with many european cars costing hundreds of thousands more. Plus the electronics of the car, the sophistication of the ABS, traction control, ergonomics, and so on are worlds above others.

Second is the Viper, outstanding performance , but rough on its edges, still a great bargain for the money no doubt. But its level of sophistication is still in progress. But it wasnt developed like the vette. It was designed as a "race" car for the street. Very tight corners, tight suspension, tight driver space.

The two are both excellent cars , just in different sections of the automotive world. But hands down as a "street" driven car the vette is much more refined.The viper was developed to do one thing and one thing only do fast.
BINGO :withstupid:

CarDude said:
OMG I have been reading about the new Viper...and I need one. Anyone looking for a man whore, cuz I need this car. It is supposed to have forged internals, beefed-up tranny, and rear end...that means even more safe horsepower. Can anyone spare some change?

Fuck you, you suck Z06 is better yea Bingo!!, :star: :star:

MG42pillbox said:
Fuck you, you suck Z06 is better yea Bingo!!, :star: :star:

I have a feeling we just hit offensive section.... :rofl: :thefinger: :p :D

tidnab said:

Someone asked about tracks experience, without going into detail, yes I've taken 50% of the vechicles I've owned to the tracks... my previous srt-10 saw palmdale on a monthly basis.(probably why it was beat to hell when i traded it in)

When I drove the viper for a few days I was always scared that when it broke loose I'd just go flying it was completely unmanageable and unnecessarily so...

lastly, I don't really see the point in bashing me or even comparing me to the others aforementioned.... it's just my opinion guys... btw, did someone say it's nice to own something you don't see everyday?? that's pretty low on my criteria for buying a car... If I used that methodology for car buying, I'd go buy a yugo, ya don't see those everyday either

Well I may as well jump in here and toss in my 2 cents.:D

And first off, I want to make it very clear that I'm not critizing you or your opinion. Mine however is just different than yours.

I'm older than the majority of the members on the site, and with that comes the memory of things when they were simpler. And that includes cars. I actually prefer vehicles without all the computer bullshit that is on them now. Actually that is probably my major complaint about the truck. You need to take it to a tuner (read, computer programmer) to get it to perform if you make any modifications to it. That sucks in my opinion. I will take a Holley 4 barrel (or two :D ), and a distributer any day over what we have. I can actually work on something like that.

I guess that is why I like the Viper. Except for the engine it's pretty unsofisticated. No electric seat, auto climate control, seat heaters, etc..

My dream car is a Superformance Cobra replica. Basic and to the point. Are there cars out there that out perform it? Yes. Are there cars out there that are more comfortable? Hell, a riding lawnmower is more comfortable. Does it provide a level of excitement (at least to me) that is second to none? Hell yes.

Simple answer is that different things appeal to different people. Just because you like something does not make it unappealling to everyone. Hell, I like blondes. Others like brunettes, or readheads. Then Mikey likes guys. Well, maybe Mikey is a little screwed up but we still love him.

Seems to me that the Viper was UNDEFEATED in racing GT1 or GT2. Until they started adding 100 pounds everytime they won a race then the team withdrew from competition!! No corvettes even came close. They waited till the Viper withdrew THEN they started racing. Just like the HEMI in drag racing and NASCAR. The NHRA and NASCAR kept factoring the HEMI till they weren't competitve. It took chevy since 92 to CATCH the VIPER!! And who gives a crap about rally racing? That is where the drivers hit trees and die isn't it?? Subaroots should come with mudgrips!!!

In 1995, Chrysler introduced the Dodge Viper GTS-R, a limited-production racing car strictly intended for worldwide GT-class competition. The standard powertrain was a 525-horsepower 8.0 liter V-10, with 650- or 750-horsepower engines available as an option. It clinched the 1997 FIA GT2 championship and the 1998 24 Hours of Le Mans in the GT2 Class.

To publicize this achievement, Chrysler built 100 street-legal 1998 GT2 Championship Edition Vipers. It will be painted the same way as the GTS-R, with an aerodynamics package of fascia dive plates, black sill ground effects, a front splitter and rear wing. An enhanced powertrain (see the ACR description) raised performance to 460 hp @ 5200 rpm from 450 hp @5200 rpm and increased torque to 500 ft/lb at 3600 rpm from 490 ft/lb at 3700 rpm.

Special badging and graphics include a "Viper GTS-R" banner on the windshield and hood sides and an American flag appears on the upper quarter panel with "FIA GT2 Champion" underneath. 18-inch Michelin MXX3 tires and unique 18-inch one-piece wheels complete with a chrome Viper snake head logo on the center caps complete the visibility options.

The interior is black with blue accents on door inserts, bolsters, and the center console and parking brake. A dash plaque highlighting the commemorative series and vehicle identification number (VIN) is mounted on the center console. The interior comes with a five-point restraint system, identical to the restraint system used by Viper Team ORECA, the France-based factory race team that captured both championships. The retail price was $85,200 including destination.

mopower1958 said:
In 1995, Chrysler introduced the Dodge Viper GTS-R, a limited-production racing car strictly intended for worldwide GT-class competition. The standard powertrain was a 525-horsepower 8.0 liter V-10, with 650- or 750-horsepower engines available as an option. It clinched the 1997 FIA GT2 championship and the 1998 24 Hours of Le Mans in the GT2 Class.

To publicize this achievement, Chrysler built 100 street-legal 1998 GT2 Championship Edition Vipers. It will be painted the same way as the GTS-R, with an aerodynamics package of fascia dive plates, black sill ground effects, a front splitter and rear wing. An enhanced powertrain (see the ACR description) raised performance to 460 hp @ 5200 rpm from 450 hp @5200 rpm and increased torque to 500 ft/lb at 3600 rpm from 490 ft/lb at 3700 rpm.

Special badging and graphics include a "Viper GTS-R" banner on the windshield and hood sides and an American flag appears on the upper quarter panel with "FIA GT2 Champion" underneath. 18-inch Michelin MXX3 tires and unique 18-inch one-piece wheels complete with a chrome Viper snake head logo on the center caps complete the visibility options.

The interior is black with blue accents on door inserts, bolsters, and the center console and parking brake. A dash plaque highlighting the commemorative series and vehicle identification number (VIN) is mounted on the center console. The interior comes with a five-point restraint system, identical to the restraint system used by Viper Team ORECA, the France-based factory race team that captured both championships. The retail price was $85,200 including destination.

Awesome

Stinker said:
I love my Rc my QC and my Vette and they are all POS:p

everything I've EVER owned is a POS... it's just a matter of degree...

pillbox, you're still a tard.. and not only are you a tard you haven't said once useful thing... When you do say something it doesn't even make sense half the time...

Last edited:
tidnab said:
everything I've EVER owned is a POS... it's just a matter of degree...

THAT... I will agree with....

Except my BMW M roadster (2002, 320HP :rock: )... LOVED that car. ... But it was too small. :dontknow: :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back