• $150,000 - $200,000

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • $200,000 - $300,000

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • $300,000 +

Votes: 5 7.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
rich I believe is when you can comfortably pay all bills and have some aside is my opinion more money the more bills you make.

I really don't mean offense by this but WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DRIVING A GAS GUZZLING V10, PRETTY IMPRACTICAL SPORT TRUCK WHEN YOU ARE MAKING UNDER $25,000 or $250,000 A YEAR????? You my friends need a financial advisor! Unless Dom is your illegitimate father.... then please disregard that last statement. :D

There fixed it for you. We bought it because we like it and it puts a smile on our face. We all need financial advisers for purchasing this kind of truck if you look at it from a common sense point of view.

We have some money makers on this forum and NOBODY has a Hellcat yet ??!!

2013 I made household 2xx,xxx. 2014 I made 170k gross by myself. I probably won't ever make that proportion of income to cost of living again in my life. More then half my income was overtime and it probably would damn near kill me to do it again. Being rich to me, is being able to go to the grocery store without coupons and not worrying what I buy.

We have some money makers on this forum and NOBODY has a Hellcat yet ??!!

Just cause some make a decent living does not mean they have to be stupid with their money .;)

In fact I have not bought a BRAND new vehicle for myself since 1999.:p

There fixed it for you. We bought it because we like it and it puts a smile on our face. We all need financial advisers for purchasing this kind of truck if you look at it from a common sense point of view.

Sorry my friend I disagree with you completely. Although with that being said it is just my opinion. I'm not sure how you think someone purchasing a vehicle that is equal to one full years income is the same as a person buying a vehicle that is 1/10th of their annual income is the same but whatever. To each their own...

Will I knew our truck was different then most but you make it seem like we're driving some Lamborghini around. Sure the 10 uses up a lot of gas but if we wanted to save gas we would be driving a Prius my friend. If you got it you can afford it, if you like it awesome to each his own.

I really don't mean offense by this but WHY THE HELL ARE YOU DRIVING A GAS GUZZLING V10, PRETTY IMPRACTICAL SPORT TRUCK WHEN YOU ARE MAKING UNDER $25,000 A YEAR????? You my friends need a financial advisor! Unless Dom is your illegitimate father.... then please disregard that last statement. :D

I 100% agree , if they can afford it. It's their money. I work with 2 guys that are in the 25k and below range and sitting in debt 3x what they make a year due to cars they WANT:shot:
Maybe sponsored by mom and dad motorsports? :dontknow:

Last edited:
Will I knew our truck was different then most but you make it seem like we're driving some Lamborghini around. Sure the 10 uses up a lot of gas but if we wanted to save gas we would be driving a Prius my friend. If you got it you can afford it, if you like it awesome to each his own.

I feel as if this was directed towards me, yet my name is not Will. The "If you got it you can afford it" statement just confirms what I'm saying. If you are making under $25K a year you would be more beneficial driving a Prius, financially anyway, cool factor not so much.

I 100% agree , if they can afford it. It's their money. I work with 2 guys that are in the 25k and below range and sitting in debt 3x what they make a year due to cars they WANT:shot:
Maybe sponsored by mom and dad motorsports? :dontknow:

That's what I'm saying. Look guys I apologize if I offended anyone as that was not my intention. I just see people overspending their budget a lot, it's my job. I crunch numbers all the time, and am licensed to consult people about what they need to do financially to obtain a mortgage. I think this spiraled out of where I meant it to go, sorry.

Ok then I agree with you not directed towards you buddy and I don't know y I put will there lol. Your correct and when I read it I seen 250k but yes if they can afford it you can enjoy it better. But your correct

Just cause some make a decent living does not mean they have to be stupid with their money .;)

In fact I have not bought a BRAND new vehicle for myself since 1999.:p

So let's talk this out...I did a little digging

2005 Ram SLT..... 2dr $24k. qc $28k
2005 Ram SRT 10 2dr $45k. qc $50k

2015 Challenger r/t... $35k
2015 Challenger SRT $60k

The difference in price between a regular ram and the SRT is roughly $22k (in '05 money) and the difference on the new Challengers is $25k in today's money. If I was an original owner of my Ram then I might take offense to your labeling but I hear what you are saying ( and I don't disagree with you BTW). What I am alluding to is that I believe most the people on the forum bought their truck because of its exclusivity and I think the Hellcat has that quality also.

Disclaimer; all numbers are close estimates and actual numbers vary....and I have never bought a new vehicle :)
Actually, two people have/had Hellcats ;)
Good to know, thank you :)
I would love to know what they think !!

I believe "rich" is relative to the area in which one lives.
I'll use my area as an example:

In the Greater Binghamton Area, the Southern Tier of New York where I call home, according to New York state records the 2013 City's median household income is $30,267.
According to Zillow the average cost of a home in this area is $103,800.

Now lets compare that with 3 hours from here in Huntington NY
2013 Median household Income $$111,670.
Average Cost of a Home is $491,200

Now for my family the money my wife and I make put us well above the median household income in our area and some would consider us "well off"
I take our income and move down state, not so well off.

I believe "rich" is relative to the area in which one lives.
I'll use my area as an example:

In the Greater Binghamton Area, the Southern Tier of New York where I call home, according to New York state records the 2013 City's median household income is $30,267.
According to Zillow the average cost of a home in this area is $103,800.

Now lets compare that with 3 hours from here in Huntington NY
2013 Median household Income $$111,670.
Average Cost of a Home is $491,200

Now for my family the money my wife and I make put us well above the median household income in our area and some would consider us "well off"
I take our income and move down state, not so well off.

Good thinking aspect, well put.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back