2016 Ram SRT-10

stealth78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here's what Ol' Ralphie said.....

Ram 1500 pickup trucks, SRT10

See the Ram 1500 page. As for another SRT10 Ram, Ralph Gilles said in May 2012, “We'll never put an SRT engine just randomly in any car... just never, that's just not what you do with a performance engine. ... [When John McElroy asked about the Ram V10:] We did look at it, to be honest with you...in the past... but, the original short wheelbase V10 truck was an amazing machine... When we went to four doors we ruined the formula. ...I vowed, we will never do that again.â€￾

A two-door Ram with the Viper V10 is possible, but seems unlikely in the foreseeable future, and would not arrive until 2016 at the earliest.

Didn't post this as a shot to the QC guys, but as a hopeful that Ralph is still thinking about doing this!!!

Even if they used the forged 8.4L at 645hp, especially with all this talk of factory superchargers to retro-fit previous models. I would truly consider trading in my 06 coupe. If they were to ever make a Ram with the rumored supercharged 8.4 in the realm of 700-800hp WITH A WARRANTY I'm pretty sure it would be a no brainer. :D

Never happen.....

Ralph doesn't have the balls to do it with the 15k drop he had to put on the Vipers. People seem to forget these trucks were 55k-62k brand new (not the 18k paid now) and for a new one, 2016 Version, you'd probably be pushing 65-70k and there's not a single owner that didn't pay original retail that would even consider buying a new one. They'd piss an moan about the price and I can almost guarantee you that the biggest reason.... Who's going to pay that kind of cash for a truck when you can (for only a few thousand more) get a sports car that rocks.

Hell, Chrysler just pulled there support for the Winning Viper Race Teams. Don't look for SRT to do anything that makes sense, little loan something that makes no sense at all.

Vj

when its availible , my QC is gone ! ! ! :rock:

on the other hand , a QC SRT is such an awesome beast.

a 4-door pickup , room for wife and 2 kids with all that power , nobody can believe howmuch power there is in my truck , and it only got bolton's and a 250lbs LPG conversion...lol

it still bring a smile to my face everytime i hit the startbutton.

got the 10 6 years ago.;)

Never happen.....

Ralph doesn't have the balls to do it with the 15k drop he had to put on the Vipers. People seem to forget these trucks were 55k-62k brand new (not the 18k paid now) and for a new one, 2016 Version, you'd probably be pushing 65-70k and there's not a single owner that didn't pay original retail that would even consider buying a new one. They'd piss an moan about the price and I can almost guarantee you that the biggest reason.... Who's going to pay that kind of cash for a truck when you can (for only a few thousand more) get a sports car that rocks.

Hell, Chrysler just pulled there support for the Winning Viper Race Teams. Don't look for SRT to do anything that makes sense, little loan something that makes no sense at all.

Vj

Geez Jeff... way to rain on my sunny day! Where's the dislike button??? LOL

How bout I rain on your parade a little more.....

If things don't improve. I don't think you will even see a 2016 Viper. They built 981 2014 Vipers, in June, half of those were unsold. Last month with the price drop, they sold about 108 of those unsold Vipers still leaving a surplus, with the 2015 Viper ready to go into production Nov 2014 with no notable changes from year 2014.

At the current rate, by June 2015, they will have in inventory enough Vipers to still do nothing and have 500+ Vipers available for the 2016 selling season.

Vj

Face it, small market for true performance vehicles. Was Dodge dealer other day, had Red/White striped Viper in showroom, had sticker of $133+. Limited potential sales in that market. I think only way a SRT RAM of 8 or 10 persuasion would be a dealer like Mr Norm undertaking the project. Factory simply will not get into that mode, GM, Ford, Chrysler, etc all are cutting back in this mode, still gonna make em, but high prices & low volume wave of future....

Never gonna see it......maybe a concept, a RAM 1500 SRT8 Hellcat would be more likely....

on the other hand , a QC SRT is such an awesome beast.

a 4-door pickup , room for wife and 2 kids with all that power , nobody can believe howmuch power there is in my truck , and it only got bolton's and a 250lbs LPG conversion...lol

it still bring a smile to my face everytime i hit the startbutton.

got the 10 6 years ago.;)

3 kids if ya had an 05er;)

I could put 4 kids in my 05....

I had a choice of a RC or QC & took the QC because of the room & haven't regretted it. PhxPoolGuy (Rick) has a 05 QC that he has converted to a 6 speed & has run in the 11's with NOS, that's fast enough for me. With that being said, if they came out with the RAM Hellcat, I would trade it, in a second & try to find someone that knew how to tub it. Because you know we would have the same traction problem that we have with our 10's. Fast is never fast enough.

The QC wasn't a wrong choice in my eyes. In combines the best of both worlds. A fast truck with family capacity. They are a good addition to the RC, looking at the number of QC sold.
By the way: if you stack kids in layers of three, you can get a lot of them under the bedcover :D

I'm more of a 2 door guy myself but the 4dr. trucks are nice for people with big family's.
I can't see SRT dropping a 8.4 litre 640 horsepower V10 in a new 2dr. Ram truck.
It wouldn't sell well because it would cost to much money.

The QC wasn't a wrong choice in my eyes. In combines the best of both worlds. A fast truck with family capacity. They are a good addition to the RC, looking at the number of QC sold.
By the way: if you stack kids in layers of three, you can get a lot of them under the bedcover :D

Sounds like you need a school bus if you are stacking kids in the bed

Here's an old video of mine that had Ralph Gilles talking about a future Srt10:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FZeakN6gzE]SRT CEO Ralph Gilles Interviews Jan 5 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Ralph for some reason thinks a 4dr performance pickup is a bad idea. Putting the 48RE in the QC was the mistake, not making the QC SRT10. I wish he would see that to be the case. There are a lot of QC's out there and the RC are awesome too. There is a place for both, I would have never been able to keep mine for over 7 years if it were not a 4 door because of kids. Just do it right. SRT10 QC with 8 speed and paddle shifters. Problem solved.

Now that being said, it actually being built is the problem.

As for price, I think Chrysler is getting over zealous in their pricing and is starting to realize that. Hence the Hellcat Challenger, 60K, that's priced right. Viper 120-130K, umm, no not so much. Should be in the 80-100K range and they would be selling many more in my opinion.

I guess we will see what happens.

Ralph for some reason thinks a 4dr performance pickup is a bad idea. Putting the 48RE in the QC was the mistake, not making the QC SRT10. I wish he would see that to be the case. There are a lot of QC's out there and the RC are awesome too. There is a place for both, I would have never been able to keep mine for over 7 years if it were not a 4 door because of kids. Just do it right. SRT10 QC with 8 speed and paddle shifters. Problem solved.

Now that being said, it actually being built is the problem.

As for price, I think Chrysler is getting over zealous in their pricing and is starting to realize that. Hence the Hellcat Challenger, 60K, that's priced right. Viper 120-130K, umm, no not so much. Should be in the 80-100K range and they would be selling many more in my opinion.

I guess we will see what happens.

Vipers start at 85k, some people have been able to buy them for 80k. I don't think Ralph means they ruined it with the extra doors but because of the auto and softer suspension, instead of making it like a 4door regular cab it ended up as a fater, slower different truck.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back