4.88 in there

Venom Power said:
Okay, that is some really great info guys. I was asking because I am interested in 4.88's too. I don't use slicks, in fact, I never track her. I just cruise on street trim as a daily driver. But if a mod would make her feel about 1k lighter without screwing with my gas mileage too much, with quicker trips between traffic lights, hey I'm down for the swap. I mean, I don't want James having ALL the fun around H-town alone.;)

i will still be faster cause i have a black truck

Ironhead said:
i will still be faster cause i have a black truck
Nanner, Nanner, Nannner -NOT :D :p :p :p

Ironhead said:
and you too ,,cause mine aint red :p
Yeah, but RED went down in history with Brendan Gaughan at the wheel NOT black :p :p :p :D :p so NANNNNER ;)

Wifey said:
Yeah, but RED went down in history with Brendan Gaughan at the wheel NOT black :p :p :p :D :p so NANNNNER ;)

thats cause red was the cheapest dodge paint cause there are so many red dodge trucks from the 90,s left over :pyou got my coffee yet lol

and anty you dont have to be jellous lol

you know i just thought of something,i have had my truck for a year and a month ,,wow thats a record for me ,,,i usually get tired of a vehical in a years time

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
DAMN!! Welp, :dontknow: I'll settle for being among the rarest..
mm i will have to see the production numbers to beleive that one ,,,i know you might have it for the 04 but latly all i see is silver ones in town

o ya ant ,i got 4 peeps trying to get my 456 gears you want them ,its the whole shibang ,,posi diff and ring and pinion,make you a heck of a deal cause there would be no shipping ,,ill give you first crack at em

Ironhead said:
o ya ant ,i got 4 peeps trying to get my 456 gears you want them ,its the whole shibang ,,posi diff and ring and pinion,make you a heck of a deal cause there would be no shipping ,,ill give you first crack at em

WHOA-ho-HOOOOOOOOO trying to be the only one with 4:88's in the area aye? Hmmm?? LOL Come to think of it, I would probably rather the 4:56's after all, being they are in between 4:10's and 4:88's. I don't drag mine so 4.88's are probably an overkill for me. Besides, it WOULD save us on shipping.. Who did your 4:88 install?

allen samuels dodge in katy ,,they got thier practice doing mine so now they should be able to do it faster ,,it has the bearings and every thing ,,but i would get new bearings if i was you,,,or just get a master install kit that has bearings shims and gasket ,its only like a 100 bucks ,,,but you would have new bearings ,,,plus going to a 456 is an easy swap ,,,lots of lining up and shimming to get it right on a 488 ,,,at least that is the excuss they gave me for taking so long but they seem to have done a top notch job,,

plus the service gal there told me a great story about hennesy to,,,seems a guy shipped his duango down to have a turbo installed and thew blew his motor up ,,then hennesy dropped it off at allen samuels to try to get them to warrent the motor ,,of couse the awnser was no ,,then they never went to get it ,,it sat there for months till they did a title serach to find owner and called him and said his truck was there ,,,he freaked out ,,hennesy took 22000 bucks off this guy and all he got was a blown motor and storage fees

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
I don't think I'd need a 'break in' period right? How long did they take with yours?
a week but there was according to them shims missing in pack and had to wait till they sent them but the outfit shipped them ground ups so it took 4 days to get them and new gasket cause gasket was hard and bittle and they said they did not want to install it like that so i sprug for the new gasket ,,,they also can adjust you speedo for new gear setup for 90 bucks

break in is only like 60 miles ,,no biggy

Ironhead said:
a week but there was according to them shims missing in pack and had to wait till they sent them but the outfit shipped them ground ups so it took 4 days to get them and new gasket cause gasket was hard and bittle and they said they did not want to install it like that so i sprug for the new gasket ,,,they also can adjust you speedo for new gear setup for 90 bucks

Excellent..

and they did not report it to warrenty either they said it is nun of thier biz what i do with my truck ,,,

????
THE MOPAR CONNECTION posted this:the only time you need to recalibrate the speedo is if you change the tire size. it is not done by the pcm, the pinion factor is changed through the abs control module. you are right it takes less than 5 minutes... most dealers will charge you about a hundred bucks, but for good customers I will not charge em.

the tech told me it was in abs module too,,,service gal said comp ,,but tech told me what he was doing before i talk to her so i did not split hairs with her on it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back