4.88 in there

HOT RAM said:
Venom Power said:
AHA!! Just what I was looking for.. So regarding the 4:56's what about illegal highway speeds?

What I meant by that was that it cruises just fine at 60-70 in 6th and gives really good mpg ( I average 17.5 to 18.9 ) :D

You can get to 6th around 50-60,with the 4.10's ,I hardly ever got to 6th until 70+.

It also does great at higher speeds/rpms,but gas mileage suffers a bit.

When in 6th with the 4.56's ,you CAN accelerate without downshifting.
If you need to accelerate quickly ,just drop to 5th.
If you want to accelerate REALLY quickly,go to 4th
With the 4.10's I had to drop to 4th and even 3rd at times :(

GEEZ Nelson.. I would never drop down to third from 6th. I noticed that James and I averaged the same when it came to gas mileage with the two different gears. I've seen 22.0 mpg on more than a couple occassions in mine and even saw over 26.5 mpg on the way through Louisiana after filling up and cruising at 68 mph on 6th gear. I wonder what I will see with the 4.56's. I do exceeed 130 sometimes.. even 140 and 155 when I'm in the mood and the freeway is clear... Would the 4.56's hurt that?

Venom Power said:
HOT RAM said:
GEEZ Nelson.. I would never drop down to third from 6th. I noticed that James and I averaged the same when it came to gas mileage with the two different gears. I've seen 22.0 mpg on more than a couple occassions in mine and even saw over 26.5 mpg on the way through Louisiana after filling up and cruising at 68 mph on 6th gear. I wonder what I will see with the 4.56's. I do exceeed 130 sometimes.. even 140 and 155 when I'm in the mood and the freeway is clear... Would the 4.56's hurt that?

nope i hit 150 and then backed off it when i had 456 in mine

Venom you could do a 4.56 from one of the fellas that changed to a 4.88, it wouldnt change the top end a tone, maybe a few mph but not much bud:)

Stinker said:
Venom you could do a 4.56 from one of the fellas that changed to a 4.88, it wouldnt change the top end a tone, maybe a few mph but not much bud:)

I'm gonna get Ironhead's 4.56's as soon as I get back to the states. Then them 4.10's are gonna go up for grabs on the Dodgetalk forum..

Venom Power said:
I'm gonna get Ironhead's 4.56's as soon as I get back to the states. Then them 4.10's are gonna go up for grabs on the Dodgetalk forum..

I got a 4.10 set up also, actually an entire axle, i would LOVE to see someone put it in a qc and see what the results would be, I think they would get tons better mileage and keep the performance level:)

Stinker said:
I got a 4.10 set up also, actually an entire axle, i would LOVE to see someone put it in a qc and see what the results would be, I think they would get tons better mileage and keep the performance level:)

what does them slow Qc have in them from factory

Venom Power said:
HOT RAM said:

All depends on the rpms,if they drop low enough 3rd isn't that bad.
With the 4.56's,you will hardly ever need to drop past 4th to catch a pesky little import when they do those little fly-bys:mad:

Ironhead said:
Venom Power said:
nope i hit 150 and then backed off it when i had 456 in mine

You just can't go wrong on 4.56's
4.10's and 4.88's are both great ,depending on what mods you have and how/where you drive

but 4.56's are a great in-between

HOT RAM said:
Venom Power said:
All depends on the rpms,if they drop low enough 3rd isn't that bad.
With the 4.56's,you will hardly ever need to drop past 4th to catch a pesky little import when they do those little fly-bys:mad:

HAHA, a man of my thinking..

DONT FEAR THE GEAR:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

then you can bob your head too ,,did my first monster launch going for a beer run to watch game today ,,,,all i could think of is that country song BOB YOUR HEAD ,talk about driving it like you stole it,, i told wife to sit down buckle up and shutup :D lol:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
DONT FEAR THE GEAR:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

then you can bob your head too ,,did my first monster launch going for a beer run to watch game today ,,,,all i could think of is that country song BOB YOUR HEAD ,talk about driving it like you stole it,, i told wife to sit down buckle up and shutup :D lol:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Can hardly wait til Nov. to give it a spin :D

mauiSRT/10 said:
Our mods are nearly identical. Be prepared for major tire spinning lovin dude!!!:burnout: :rock:

patrick

:D :rock:

I did the final drive for the break-in this evening
so tomorrow :burnout: :D :D

he'll be fine. i couldn't resist beating on mine either! enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :burnout: :burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back