4.88 in there

Ironhead said:
a week but there was according to them shims missing in pack and had to wait till they sent them but the outfit shipped them ground ups so it took 4 days to get them and new gasket cause gasket was hard and bittle and they said they did not want to install it like that so i sprug for the new gasket ,,,they also can adjust you speedo for new gear setup for 90 bucks

break in is only like 60 miles ,,no biggy

This is not needed;) Our MPH picks up off wheel speed.

Venom Power said:
Oh? Then perhaps this recalibration is done for another reason?

well i have heard it both ways anty,,so hell for 90 bucks i just told them to DO IT

I went from 4.10's to 4.56's and for around town they really helped.

I want to drive a 4.88 geared truck just to see the difference .

All boils down to what YOU want and need..........

4.10's for mostly highway and 1/4 mile (esp. w/ drag radials)
4.88 for mostly town and 1/8th mile track
4.56 good compromise : great around town,great for legal highway speeds

hey hot if you make it to macon i will let you try mine,,running in the hills it would help you big time ,way less down shifting

looks like i gotta have some damn 4.88s you guys are killin my wallet

o in case anyone wants to know i got em from the stink man:rock:

Ironhead said:
hey hot if you make it to macon i will let you try mine,,running in the hills it would help you big time ,way less down shifting

Great ! :D Thanks ! :rock:

Can hardly wait for Nov 22 !!!!!!

and everyone anty has spoken up first and wants my 456 setup ,,so when he gets back its his if he decides to pass i will post them for sale ,,but for right now they are spoken for ,,,thanks for all that offered to buy them ,,,:rock:

HOT RAM said:
I went from 4.10's to 4.56's and for around town they really helped.

I want to drive a 4.88 geared truck just to see the difference .

All boils down to what YOU want and need..........

4.10's for mostly highway and 1/4 mile (esp. w/ drag radials)
4.88 for mostly town and 1/8th mile track
4.56 good compromise : great around town,great for legal highway speeds

AHA!! Just what I was looking for.. So regarding the 4:56's what about illegal highway speeds?

Ironhead said:
and everyone anty has spoken up first and wants my 456 setup ,,so when he gets back its his if he decides to pass i will post them for sale ,,but for right now they are spoken for ,,,thanks for all that offered to buy them ,,,:rock:

Oh don't you worry James. I won't speak for the set up without getting it. I will not pass.. It's as good as gone. Just waiting for me to get back on the 15th to pick 'em up buddy..

Venom Power said:
AHA!! Just what I was looking for.. So regarding the 4:56's what about illegal highway speeds?

Oh don't you worry James. I won't speak for the set up without getting it. I will not pass.. It's as good as gone. Just waiting for me to get back on the 15th to pick 'em up buddy..

Why, of course they work for that, too :D ;) :D

Venom Power said:
LOL I hoped so.. I was just making sure since Nelson (HotRam) was being specific..
Nelson is very specific and precise when he posts - a man with a point :rock: :D

Wifey said:
Nelson is very specific and precise when he posts - a man with a point :rock: :D

Speaking of specifics, what are you doing up so late again Denise..? Specifically..

Venom Power said:
Speaking of specifics, what are you doing up so late again Denise..? Specifically..

THINKING!!! I'm thinking about all I learned on my new job last week, thinking about how to make extra money to cover expenses this month, thinking about how lovely the weather has been and how that is saving on firewood costs right now and thinking about when I sell my first piece of real estate (someday) how nice it will feel :D Is that specific enough :dontknow: :p

Wifey said:
THINKING!!! I'm thinking about all I learned on my new job last week, thinking about how to make extra money to cover expenses this month, thinking about how lovely the weather has been and how that is saving on firewood costs right now and thinking about when I sell my first piece of real estate (someday) how nice it will feel :D Is that specific enough :dontknow: :p

Yeah, that's certainly specific. WOW, that new job is affecting you positively already. Great going. I'm sure you will do well with selling real estate. This is a time when people are most likely to buy their first home. Then you will soon wonder NOT how will you cover expenses this month.. But WHAT to do with all this cash?

Venom Power said:
Yeah, that's certainly specific. WOW, that new job is affecting you positively already. Great going. I'm sure you will do well with selling real estate. This is a time when people are most likely to buy their first home. Then you will soon wonder NOT how will you cover expenses this month.. But WHAT to do with all this cash?

:rock: :rock: I will be patient, but that is my goal. Maybe next year at this time. We'll know by then if we were able to hold on or not :D :rock:

Venom Power said:

What I meant by that was that it cruises just fine at 60-70 in 6th and gives really good mpg ( I average 17.5 to 18.9 ) :D

You can get to 6th around 50-60,with the 4.10's ,I hardly ever got to 6th until 70+.

It also does great at higher speeds/rpms,but gas mileage suffers a bit.

When in 6th with the 4.56's ,you CAN accelerate without downshifting.
If you need to accelerate quickly ,just drop to 5th.
If you want to accelerate REALLY quickly,go to 4th
With the 4.10's I had to drop to 4th and even 3rd at times :(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back