40 Horsepower LOSS with SCT Tuner

Brat said:
Thats right Jake,Marty tuned my truck both times he was there doing the work,thats how I got 465rwhp and 510rwtq.on just a 55 shot of nitrous.

Brat, I know different dynos will give different numbers. On this day my STOCK numbers were 455rwhp. Marks were 455rwhp and Jimis were 460 rwhp. Not trying to be an ass but it looks like it took a 55 shot of nitrous to get Martys numbers up there.:confused: :confused:

HISS said:
You can do it ewith the VEC, but I believe that is a piggy back system. It does'nt overwrite the existing tune in the PCM, it just sends it wrong readings like the old school chips. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

That was my understanding of it . . . Someone chime in please. :)

Roz-SRT said:
That was my understanding of it . . . Someone chime in please. :)
Yes it is a piggyback system. It is not stand alone. You have to cut into the factory wiring near the PCM to install it.

FATJACK said:
Brat, I know different dynos will give different numbers. On this day my STOCK numbers were 455rwhp. Marks were 455rwhp and Jimis were 460 rwhp. Not trying to be an ass but it looks like it took a 55 shot of nitrous to get Martys numbers up there.:confused: :confused:
I dont think you are being an ass,but you have to remember I have a qc and it is noit going to give the same numbers as a rc.check with Rice Eater he has a rc and with Martys tune he is getting 594rwhp and 760 rwtq thats with a 150 shot of nitrous.

Wow. I want more info on this too. Maybe we need to get Sean to come for another dyno day up here. OOOOOOOOOOOOOr, get him to come to a dyno near PCB for the next SE GTG.

labontecsi said:
Wow. I want more info on this too. Maybe we need to get Sean to come for another dyno day up here. OOOOOOOOOOOOOr, get him to come to a dyno near PCB for the next SE GTG.

Call him...the earlier you try to schedule him the better. He has a day price and will need transportation expenses covered...every one of us that used his services when he came here, were (was?) greatly impressed with what he was able to do with our various machines.

You will not be sorry!

It takes some coordination and a little flexibility. But I plan to do it annually, if I only do it for myself! But getting everyone to share the expense is a great way to go.

HISS said:
You can do it ewith the VEC, but I believe that is a piggy back system. It does'nt overwrite the existing tune in the PCM, it just sends it wrong readings like the old school chips. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
there is not a standalone for our trucks . You can plug the laptop int the vec and change stuff while your driving it. like if you have a lean spot at 2500 and 8 inches you can change that right then with out havin to make a differnt card it also datalogs dont believe that the sct does that

FatJack
I picked up 37 hp with my sct from DC with a 4 degree timing change and 46 with the Stage II tune. Sounds a lil fishy to me.

you can do it with the sct too just call and ask for the racer package its $349 w/o the tuner already order mine but in the mean time sean can hook you up he gave 2 regular tunes w/o nos and 1 tune for when I use the nos. The when I installed the s/c sean tune my truck from the numbers he got when he was out here fax him those numbers and will fix you right up. Big differance in the Roe tune:D

There are 2 systems that I know of that can do it.

One of them is the AEM engine management system which Ram from Hell is using, and all the big hp Viper guys use. That requires cutting into the wiring harness.

The other is the SCT for end users which allows you program to do your own tuning, and is tied into your VIN its called the Pro Racer Package. This one does not require you to cut into the wiring harness. I got this information from Final GTS which is a tuner in NY, and the guy knows his shit about the SCT.

Last edited:
I will probably piss some folks off, but what the hell.

Ordering a mail order tune is kind of like a mail order bride. You don't know that the hell you will get.

The trucks are different and can respond differently to the same mods. What works in one climate will not work the same in a different climate. Same for different elevations.

It may be a great starting point, but it has to be dialed in.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:
Silverback said:

Ordering a mail order tune is kind of like a mail order bride. You don't know that the hell you will get.

The trucks are different and can respond differently to the same mods. What works in one climate will not work the same in a different climate. Same for different elevations.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Silverback said:

You said what I was trying to say Dad.:rock: :rock: :rock: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Brat said:
You said what I was trying to say Dad.:rock: :rock: :rock: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

I just have a way with words son.:eek:

But then, this is also the reason at work that they try to hide me when the directors and VP's come around to tour our project.:D

Pretyflywiteguy said:
wait, so these trucks have chips instead of a flash computer?

thats gay, I didn't know that.
the vec is a piggy back system that you tune with they make a flash for the pcm takes off tq mgmt and changes shift points

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back