6 speed Conversions for QUAD CABS

VENOMOUS1 RACING

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
Finally we are offering you a kit ready to transform your 05/06 Quad Cab in a tire shredding, MPG gettin', Lightning Eating 6 Speed! :chain:
Complete with new T-56 Transmission, Master, Slave, 1- piece Aluminum Driveshaft, tranny mount bracket, pedal set, floor console (05' only) Centerforce Clutch, and Fidanza Alum. Flywheel.
PCM programming additional cost through your tuner or we can have done as well.

This is using a BRAND NEW T-56 Transmission to ensure correct function and longevity. We can also rebuild your provided T-56 if necessary and adjust price around that.

You gain around 30 HP, lose about 150 lbs, and gain about 3-4 hwy mpg!
Enjoy your Viper Truck as it should've been offered from SRT from the factory.

$8000 kit price for remanufactured tranny
$1500 install by Venomous1 Racing :driver:
Don't forget to subtract the sale of your automatic 48re from your total bill ;)

Last edited:
I don't see any reason why not. I've towed trailers with cars on them although only did it a few times and only 100 round trip each way, I've never encountered an issue. My personal SRT-10 has 45,000 miles on my conversion with hundreds of track passes, daily driving, and rendezvous in Mexico and I'm just now about to change clutch. Being our trucks weren't built to tow anyways, I suggest following suggested tow limits in owners manual.
Thanks for your interest,
Scott

Scott your an evil man making this very tempting kit!! Lol :D now I need to find a buyer for my built auto tranny!!
Is your T-56 tranny beefed up at all? I'm over 700HP, and thinking of add NOS.

Scott your an evil man making this very tempting kit!! Lol :D now I need to find a buyer for my built auto tranny!!

No sir mine isn't built per se. Good clutch/pressure plate but internals are stock. There are a handful of parts to beef up Trans as they are the strongest of the bunch anyways. Bronze pads, billet keys etc. are about it. :rock:
Many have been used at 1000hp, 1500hp in cars ;) :burnout:

No sir mine isn't built per se. Good clutch/pressure plate but internals are stock. There are a handful of parts to beef up Trans as they are the strongest of the bunch anyways. Bronze pads, billet keys etc. are about it. :rock:
Many have been used at 1000hp, 1500hp in cars ;) :burnout:

The built T56 cars have held up in the hp ratings that you describe. Our trucks are a different animal due to weight. I know Dom had some issues with his built T56. Maybe Dom can elaborate on his issues here. My understanding is that our stock T56 are supposed to be able to handle 700 RWHP reliably.

The built T56 cars have held up in the hp ratings that you describe. Our trucks are a different animal due to weight. I know Dom had some issues with his built T56. Maybe Dom can elaborate on his issues here. My understanding is that our stock T56 are supposed to be able to handle 700 RWHP reliably.
The irony is that Doms stock transmission lived just fine at 1000hp. He changed to a built T56 because we didn't want to worry about breaking it. Then the built tranny broke. Lol

Of course it depends if its a 1/4 mile only truck or a DD that see occasional Mexico runs. I think it also depends on the power adder and how fast/hard it comes on. I think we simply need more running around with huge power to actually get a good average HP they'll survive.

Cory is going to need to upgrade his transmission.:)

Remember that the truck T-56 is the strongest of all T-56 trannys installed in any vehicle. Almost all T-56 are different internally from Aston Martin, Corvette, TransAm/ Camaro, GTO, SSR, Cobra, Viper. And Viper Truck.To my knowledge the SSR shares some of the stronger parts like input shaft size and gear cut/material. The Viper Coupe tranny will bolt right up and fit our pilot bearing but output shaft is smaller diameter therefore creating a weak link along with gear alloy and cut. A properly built truck T-56 should survive 1000hp consistently when driven correctly. It'll outshine ANY 48re I can tell you that :rock:

Caveman is correct the stock transmission held up better then the 5000$ g force transmission.
This kit sounds good bro!!!!!

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

you should add the magnum trans upgrade available out there, new oiling system included etc... i think 2400 or so new, its much better than stock...

nice you offer this kit for the fans.
for me , not in a million years i'm gonna drive a truck manual , LOL

even if u would offer the swap for free , NO WAY ! ! !

the fasted sportscars these days drive auto (with pedals) , so why pumping your left calve on a clutch til it hurt...:dontknow:

the fasted sportscars these days drive auto (with pedals) , so why pumping your left calve on a clutch til it hurt...:dontknow:
You're right MODERN sports cars are faster with an auto, our trucks and especially the 48re transmission are not modern at all. The biggest advantage of the 6 speed swap to me would be the fact that you will almost cut your RPM in half going down the highway. Also you wouldn't be shifting all that often as these trucks have a broad flat torque curve, with 4.56 gears you shouldn't have any problem driving in 6th gear from as low as 45mph

You have to have a nut sack to be able to push a clutch pedal. Thanks for your input, if your not interested at all why waste my time reading your retarded post?
Back to driving your sissy auto

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

Last edited:
You're right MODERN sports cars are faster with an auto, our trucks and especially the 48re transmission are not modern at all. The biggest advantage of the 6 speed swap to me would be the fact that you will almost cut your RPM in half going down the highway. Also you wouldn't be shifting all that often as these trucks have a broad flat torque curve, with 4.56 gears you shouldn't have any problem driving in 6th gear from as low as 45mph

I don't drive in 6th until I'm doing at least 70 mph...or I bog terribly....at 80 mph I'm only doing 1800 rpm with the stock tires (I have 4.56 gears).

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back