6 speed Conversions for QUAD CABS

You have to have a nut sack to be able to push a clutch pedal. Thanks for your input, if your not interested at all why waste my time reading your retarded post?
Back to driving your sissy auto

Dom
Undefeated on the Internet

And he can go shop at J C Penneys for his dress!(not you Dom, I mean Sammy11):D Plus I think it has been shown on here that I shift faster than the QC automatics!

Last edited:
You're right MODERN sports cars are faster with an auto, our trucks and especially the 48re transmission are not modern at all. The biggest advantage of the 6 speed swap to me would be the fact that you will almost cut your RPM in half going down the highway. Also you wouldn't be shifting all that often as these trucks have a broad flat torque curve, with 4.56 gears you shouldn't have any problem driving in 6th gear from as low as 45mph
Yep. My daily commute includes about a 10 mile stretch where the speed limit is 45mph. I grab 6th, set the cruise, and for that portion of the commute average 20+mpg. And that's with 4.10's.

I don't drive in 6th until I'm doing at least 70 mph...or I bog terribly....at 80 mph I'm only doing 1800 rpm with the stock tires (I have 4.56 gears).
That's relative to your driving style. I have no problem accelerating from 45 to 75, in 6th gear. I'm also not in a hurry about it.

Last edited:
I would love to put the six speed in my truck some day as for now I have been looking for an rc and if I find the right one before I can afford to do a swap my qc will be gone

Best mod I have ever done, hands down! Congrats on making this mod available. Wish it was about 6 months ago... I would have rather a brand new tranny. But still ecstatic with a 6-speed quad cab.

Great job!

Best mod I have ever done, hands down! Congrats on making this mod available. Wish it was about 6 months ago... I would have rather a brand new tranny. But still ecstatic with a 6-speed quad cab.

Great job!

Thanks for the words bro. I should've advertised it years ago but like all my mods, I want to ensure their function as well as durability and that's done on my truck. 45,000 miles and half my trucks life has been bangin gears bro. Wouldn't go back auto for anything except maybe an all out drag truck. Then I've got plans for a Powerglide 2 speed :chain:
Looking forward to creating much more to help all SRT-10 Viper Trucks stay up with or rape today's modern muscle cars. Our sister Viper Coupes included. We will spread butthurt worldwide to many unsuspecting contenders :burnout:

Great job!

My 2nd conversion was via phone/text/email/PM with SRT2SLOW after him coming to Texas a couple weekends and us terrorizing all the Rustangs,TransAms,Camaros, Challengers and Lightnings we could find. Didn't lose one :chain:
He was convinced after the first win he wanted me to help him do his. The more we won, the more excited this big Army dude got excited as fawk! :rock:

He has since converted Lightning Raper's Beast 06' QC successfully. :burnout:

I wonder if you happened to get a ride in one prior to doing yours? I've had many RC guys go for a ride and love the experience from the back seat!! I'm glad I pursued and accomplished it for y'all to experience. There's nothing like the ooh's and awe's it brings seeing a big Quad Cab lifting the front end each shift and propelling ahead like an oversized rocket ;)

My 2nd conversion was via phone/text/email/PM with SRT2SLOW after him coming to Texas a couple weekends and us terrorizing all the Rustangs,TransAms,Camaros, Challengers and Lightnings we could find. Didn't lose one :chain:
He was convinced after the first win he wanted me to help him do his. The more we won, the more excited this big Army dude got excited as fawk! :rock:

He has since converted Lightning Raper's Beast 06' QC successfully. :burnout:

I wonder if you happened to get a ride in one prior to doing yours? I've had many RC guys go for a ride and love the experience from the back seat!! I'm glad I pursued and accomplished it for y'all to experience. There's nothing like the ooh's and awe's it brings seeing a big Quad Cab lifting the front end each shift and propelling ahead like an oversized rocket ;)

Actually no. I have never even been in a T56 SRT-10 Ram RC. I literally did the swap because E was very encouraging. I went to Hawaii back in winter 2005 and rented a yellow Viper convertible while I was there- and that's what lit the fire all those years ago. It's amazing how now it actually sounds like the Viper I remember. With the Auto, it just doesn't sound as pop pop rumble rumble poppy when letting off the throttle as with a 6-speed. The sound is amazing.

Might want to have a list somewhere of all of us who have done the conversion. That is the best testimony- people who have done the swap- to encourage others to go ahead and get the swap.

Actually no. I have never even been in a T56 SRT-10 Ram RC. I literally did the swap because E was very encouraging. I went to Hawaii back in winter 2005 and rented a yellow Viper convertible while I was there- and that's what lit the fire all those years ago. It's amazing how now it actually sounds like the Viper I remember. With the Auto, it just doesn't sound as pop pop rumble rumble poppy when letting off the throttle as with a 6-speed. The sound is amazing.

Might want to have a list somewhere of all of us who have done the conversion. That is the best testimony- people who have done the swap- to encourage others to go ahead and get the swap.

Great idea and nice to hear about your experience. The fun factor is exponentially increased with the man pedal for sure :rock:
I'll start a thread! QC's with 3 pedals ONLY! ;)

You have to have a nut sack to be able to push a clutch pedal. Thanks for your input, if your not interested at all why waste my time reading your retarded post?
Back to driving your sissy auto

man , i just giv my opinion , its a discussion forum last time i checked , and please , dont call me retard.
and for the clutch , i have power enough with my 6ft2 and 260lbs...with minor fat %:D
just dont like manual driving , and i love my sissy automatique...;)
my truck is a fun daily driver , not a rebuild track thing...:dontknow:

And he can go shop at J C Penneys for his dress!(not you Dom, I mean Sammy11):D Plus I think it has been shown on here that I shift faster than the QC automatics!

huh , you funny with the dress and all...

to bad i liv overseas , would love to see if u shift faster (with same mods) than me with my rebuild transmission.
i dont say it isnt , but love to see it live...:D;)

but , hey , for all u guys who love to shift , much respect and keep on having fun with the 10's...:rock:

man , i just giv my opinion , its a discussion forum last time i checked , and please , dont call me retard.
and for the clutch , i have power enough with my 6ft2 and 260lbs...with minor fat %:D
just dont like manual driving , and i love my sissy automatique...;)
my truck is a fun daily driver , not a rebuild track thing...:dontknow:

I take what he says personally. I think he was just having fun at your expense.;)

Hahahahah everyone is huge on the Internet.
Modified track thing ???
I have had two qc viper trucks they were for my wife. She has no nut sack hence the automatic.
Go eat some protien bars and do some more steroids.
I'm sorry for the retard comment I did not realize you were special.

Dom

Modified track thing ???
I have had two qc viper trucks they were for my wife. She has no nut sack hence the automatic.

Dom

:sheep:

bhwahahahah.. Goodness gracious. :rock:

Modified track thing ???

Dom

yeah , and u are the "undefeated on the internet" , lmao
i guess thats ur truck:D

look , u where the one who started the bitching , why ? sarcastic ? ok for me , try to bully me here ? not ok.
and steroids...u dont know me , so dont say those things where u know nothing off.
strongman and bodybuilding is my profession , i was competing many years and now train people to be what they wanne be.

who are you to judge me ?

i'm a Viper truck fan , bud for u the automatics are not ok ?
so , maybe all the QC automatics leave the forum ?

last time i checked it was Viper Truck Club , not Viper RC Club...:dontknow:

now , build another engine to break the record , LOL

look , u where the one who started the bitching , why ? sarcastic ? ok for me , try to bully me here ? not ok.
and steroids...u dont know me , so dont say those things where u know nothing off.
strongman and bodybuilding is my profession , i was competing many years and now train people to be what they wanne be.

My RC is an automatic
Holy fuck you are some kind of special lol

Dom

Last time I checked it was viper truck club of AMERICA hahahahaha

Dom

Would love to drive a manual trans again but due to in incident in my working life I have ended up a bi-lateral amputee so auto is my only option what I would like to know is how difficult it would be to go the other way ie auto trans into a RC truck realise I would need a gearbox,torque converter flex plate trans cooler and all the rest to go with it but what about the pedal box are the interchangeable between QC and RC trucks also trim inside for the centre console and gear change lever as the QC I've looked at are column change with the dash showing gear positions etc so would I ha e to change over clocks too?

Awesome bro, what about the RC guys that want to go auto?????????? A nicely built auto that is........ Sorry, didn't see that last post but I see someone else with the same idea.....

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back