all this lightning Vs. SRT10 stuff

Carlwalski said:
FICTION

FACT
SRT10-record.jpg

;)

Carl, I laughed out loud on this one!:D

Prof said:
There are a number of times that SRT 10 owners and Lightning owners have come together...and the result always seems to be a common love of performance trucks.

Once again, as in most issues, a focus on what we agree on is always the best way to enjoy life...and life is really good.
x 2 It's all fun and games (until someone buys a Lightning). :D :D :D In all seriousness, I'm just playing around, they come here and post posters and talk trash of course I/we won't let that happen in our own backyard! ;) Throw stones, be prepared to have them thrown back. Both trucks kick arse and both have a loyal following. Makes you wonder though, must be slow over on the Lightning forum as they are all coming here lolol. :laugh:

:rock:

these truck got potential i just dont see why some cant just throw some light weight 17s and drag radials and run them light that. I drop .3th in the 1/4 going from 20's to 17s at the track. Lightning already have 18s and ya come with 22's which is good for the street but for the track get the 17's.

i have some if anyone wants to borrow but they have no slicks

I think member number 77 should be rescinded and given to someone more deserving:p ........The membership counter here hasn't jumped this much since that fellow (Balboa)? came over from the "Ricer" board.

Last edited:
Run what ya brung!!

CALL OUT!!!
All Ls listen up. BLAINE AS WELL!! Bring that ass to Little River/Academy Raceway in Temple, Texas on the 28th and we'll get some grudge matches on. Bring me some competition while you are at it. My 5600 lb fat ass Quad Cab has spanked plenty of S/C Harleys and a good handful of froggy Lightnings. I agree with most knowledgable folks here that both out trucks are fast and rare and we love them, but stock for stock I ate Ls for breakfast with a QC putting down 423whp. Now I have upped the ante even more and looking at 12s N/A. WE have plenty of local members that spray, and are blown or turboed. Bring it! We have plenty of N/A close to stock ones as well.;)

VENOMOUS1 said:
CALL OUT!!!
All Ls listen up. BLAINE AS WELL!! Bring that ass to Little River/Academy Raceway in Temple, Texas on the 28th and we'll get some grudge matches on. Bring me some competition while you are at it. My 5600 lb fat ass Quad Cab has spanked plenty of S/C Harleys and a good handful of froggy Lightnings. I agree with most knowledgable folks here that both out trucks are fast and rare and we love them, but stock for stock I ate Ls for breakfast with a QC putting down 423whp. Now I have upped the ante even more and looking at 12s N/A. WE have plenty of local members that spray, and are blown or turboed. Bring it! We have plenty of N/A close to stock ones as well.;)
Well stated.....:rock:

You know way tops it off for me and proves my 10 to be in a stand alone class from a L..... When I'm at a stop light and people are pointing at my truck, or when I get someone asking me to roll
down my window to rev my engine, or when I'm at the gas station and people come over and just randomly start talking to me and asking questions about my truck.
This is on an every single day basis...how many times does an L get pointed at or asked about, I'm betting not that often bc it's a plain Jane.

kickinassrt-10 said:
You know way tops it off for me and proves my 10 to be in a stand alone class from a L..... When I'm at a stop light and people are pointing at my truck, or when I get someone asking me to roll
down my window to rev my engine, or when I'm at the gas station and people come over and just randomly start talking to me and asking questions about my truck.
This is on an every single day basis...how many times does an L get pointed at or asked about, I'm betting not that often bc it's a plain Jane.
It's funny because I've had the same run-in's your talking about..... very true statement.

Carlwalski said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ComeInMens.jpg
That shit is funny there.... Now that you mention it I had a friend who owned a single cab Ford f150 and so did my brother, they were nice to own when your 17 :laugh

kickinassrt-10 said:

"Can you pop the hood?" :D I sure can.

Googled Top 10 Super Trucks and Came Up With This

This states it plain & clear from a non-biased source:

View the whole write up at: http://autos.aol.com/gallery/super-trucks/

Ford SVT Lighting, Act II

After their first Lightning model, Ford's Special Vehicle Team (SVT) took a few years off to ponder their next super truck. Their second-generation Lighting came out in 1999 and featured a supercharged 5.4-liter overhead camshaft V-8 that by 2003-04 produced 380 horsepower and 450 lb.ft. of torque. The 2003-04 Lightning pickups were the fastest and best handling, with a top speed of over 145 mph. Quarter mile times in the mid-13 range were common, helping to make the second-generation SVT Lightning the fastest production truck in the world according to The Guinness World Book of Records, until our next truck came along.

Dodge Ram SRT-10
The ultimate super truck built for the street is undeniably the Dodge Ram SRT-10. Offered from 2004-06 in Regular and Quad Cab body styles, this pickup's main attraction is its 505 cubic-inch (8.3-liter) V-10 engine shared with the Dodge Viper super car. With 500 horsepower, the big Ram could hit 154 mph after decimating the quarter mile in 13.1 seconds at 105 mph. Handing and braking performance were also addressed, with special components including 22-inch aluminum wheels fitted with steam-roller sized tires, P305/40R22 Pirelli Scorpion tires. Don't expect anything like this truck from the new Chrysler under the guidance of Fiat, but we can dream.

Last edited:
10banger said:
This states it plain & clear from a non-biased source:

View the whole write up at: http://autos.aol.com/gallery/super-trucks/

Ford SVT Lighting, Act II

After their first Lightning model, Ford's Special Vehicle Team (SVT) took a few years off to ponder their next super truck. Their second-generation Lighting came out in 1999 and featured a supercharged 5.4-liter overhead camshaft V-8 that by 2003-04 produced 380 horsepower and 450 lb.ft. of torque. The 2003-04 Lightning pickups were the fastest and best handling, with a top speed of over 145 mph. Quarter mile times in the mid-13 range were common, helping to make the second-generation SVT Lightning the fastest production truck in the world according to The Guinness World Book of Records, until our next truck came along.

Dodge Ram SRT-10
The ultimate super truck built for the street is undeniably the Dodge Ram SRT-10. Offered from 2004-06 in Regular and Quad Cab body styles, this pickup's main attraction is its 488 cubic-inch (8.3-liter) V-10 engine shared with the Dodge Viper super car. With 500 horsepower, the big Ram could hit 154 mph after decimating the quarter mile in 13.1 seconds at 105 mph. Handing and braking performance were also addressed, with special components including 22-inch aluminum wheels fitted with steam-roller sized tires, P305/40R22 Pirelli Scorpion tires. Don't expect anything like this truck from the new Chrysler under the guidance of Fiat, but we can dream.

Misinformation!! We have 505 CI now, that was the earlier 8.0 V10 and iron block V10.

i'll race an L some where around my area.. i don't really care who it is.. we can do a 20,40,and 65 roll

Does it have the "REAL" Viper engine? Like the one they put in the car?

(hoods opening) ..... Person expression.... Wow....holy shit it's the real deal! Damn that engine is massive...

That is the classic one right there!

Last edited:
Tooloe said:
i'll race an L some where around my area.. i don't really care who it is.. we can do a 20,40,and 65 roll
I offered on their site for someone near all stock to meet up and put the money where their big mouth is. Told them I'll be at one of 2 tracks tonight if my truck gets back to me today!

My reg cab is almost done so ill take the challenge ill even come to u but let's make it a more than jus fun let's go title for title and jus c who comes out on top the truck will b dun n a month I was saving it for dom but. We've discussed he coser to stock than mine

05dodgesrt10 said:
My reg cab is almost done so ill take the challenge ill even come to u but let's make it a more than jus fun let's go title for title and jus c who comes out on top the truck will b dun n a month I was saving it for dom but. We've discussed he coser to stock than mine

:eek: Details please!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back