Any Questions?

Ok ,, I’m looking at the next oil change and seeing oils now that claim up to 75K protection … I’ve been using Mobil1 15w/50 forever and have never seen any oil advertised to last that amount of miles … has something changed and is there a better recommendation for the trucks .. I was changing mine at approx
5k regularly… the 15w50 has been great and I wasn’t loosing a guard ever like the 0w-40 and Royal purple did .. I’M SO CONFUSED LOL
Mobil 1 10-30

change every 5,000

That's OIL if your cap is on upside down

It's impossible to post Ho anymore because they have a rev limiter set between post times!

geez!

Ok , Thanks Ronnie ,,,,,, Maybe someone else has just done the lines and it fixed the problem .. at least that possibility is out there .
I had the same exact problem with my calipers locking up. It was mainly passenger side. It would be fine upon first starting to drive then as brakes were getting used and heating up the caliper would start locking up more and more every time I would use brakes and eventually I would have to stop to let them cool down. Once cooled down caliper would release and start all over again. I decided to buy a rebuild kit and rebuilt the caliper. When I took pistons out it definitely had rust on the cylinder walls which was the culprit. Used a brillo pad to remove rust without taking anything other than rust off and had a nice clean surface for the new piston seals to move smooth on. What happens is the rust prevents the pistons to release because piston seal get caught on rust. I’ve not had a problem since rebuilding calipers. These calipers are steel so just the slightest moisture intrusion either by bad brake fluid or through bleeder valves or even piston seals with cause rust to start forming. The slightest bit of rust can cause this issue.

Your ecu is already setup for an auto trans., so that's good.

The crank position sensor for the auto is off the pass side of the block and senses the crank. The sensor for the manual trans engines ran off the flywheel.

Maybe someone who's done the transmission swap could chime in (I haven't), but I can't see it being a very big deal as far as engine control is concerned.

And (of course) the sensors themselves are a bit different.

Last edited:
Synthetic oils don't break down but they do get dirty; and with our engines, primarily from crankcase pollutants (blow-by).
A good catch can help extend oil change intervals.
I change mine at 4000 miles and it smells like it needs to come out by then. But I'm using a fairly low-tension top and 2nd ring.
I used Mobil-1 0-40 until the major engine overhaul and now use 0-30.

I wouldn't personally want to go 75,000 miles on these particular engines for fear the oil would likely find it's own way out, before going that long.

I don't know if this helps you or not.
Thanks Ronnie ! I agree and will stick with ever 5000 miles .. and the 15w-50 that seems to have done better than the other oils I tried .. especially in the summer heat in Florida .

I have had the rebuild kits for probably 10 years sitting in a storage crate hahaha .. Mine do exactly that but one side then the other . Then doesnt happen for a while . Online I found some vids that were stating the factor hose clamp could be the cause squeezing more and more on the hose as corrosion built up . That’s why I asked the question , plus because I’ve never seen this happen as a mechanic way back .. it is just odd to me and had to ask .
I haven’t even looked at the clamp to see if it has corrosion but looking at some of the parts online the other day it appears the clamp is nolonger connected to the rubber hose part ? May a new design i dont know . but I am going to put the new pads on and check the clamp .. possibly even rebuild the calipers .. problem with working on a vehicle in your driveway with the HOA stinks ,, was warned the last time I did and threatened with daily fines hahaha .. Totalitarian dictator board members .. time for me to start a war maybe :D

It's impossible to post Ho anymore because they have a rev limiter set between post times!

geez!
What ,, when did that start and what is the rev limit ? Time to over through the management ,, Shaggy we’re starting a coup . No limitations on DIY or post limits :D

What ,, when did that start and what is the rev limit ? Time to over through the management ,, Shaggy we’re starting a coup . No limitations on DIY or post limits :D
I'm not sure the time limit but try several quick posts and you'll see what i mean

Agree with you! Shaggy where are you??

I have had the rebuild kits for probably 10 years sitting in a storage crate hahaha .. Mine do exactly that but one side then the other . Then doesnt happen for a while . Online I found some vids that were stating the factor hose clamp could be the cause squeezing more and more on the hose as corrosion built up . That’s why I asked the question , plus because I’ve never seen this happen as a mechanic way back .. it is just odd to me and had to ask .
I haven’t even looked at the clamp to see if it has corrosion but looking at some of the parts online the other day it appears the clamp is nolonger connected to the rubber hose part ? May a new design i dont know . but I am going to put the new pads on and check the clamp .. possibly even rebuild the calipers .. problem with working on a vehicle in your driveway with the HOA stinks ,, was warned the last time I did and threatened with daily fines hahaha .. Totalitarian dictator board members .. time for me to start a war maybe :D
That’s why I have two extra full sets of calipers front and rear ready to go so all I gotta do is take set off put rebuilt set on if it happens again. Oh and if I get the itch to put a different color combo on all sets are painted different colors! Down time is not long and my association has no time to tag me!

That’s why I have two extra full sets of calipers front and rear ready to go so all I gotta do is take set off put rebuilt set on if it happens again. Oh and if I get the itch to put a different color combo on all sets are painted different colors! Down time is not long and my association has no time to tag me!
Good idea .. I’m going to be detailing my wheels while doing my brakes when I see HOA BOARD MEMBER CARS ARE GONE . I have 5 that live on my street and the Lawn guy is the HOA presidents boyfriend haha ..

They sound like a bunch of BORES - take them for a ride maybe that will change their minds :D:confused:

They sound like a bunch of BORES - take them for a ride maybe that will change their minds :D:confused:
They are Bores and a click as all HOA board memebers .. the only thing giving them a ride would do is give them all heart attacks ,, Hmmmm , you may have come up with a good idea Wifey :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back