Any Questions?

I see a few post about the caliper bolts ( 4 piston fronts ) being extremely tight/hard to remove and torque back down . Then I see others that do not mention this at all !
If so how did you remove the caliper mounting bolts ?

I see a few post about the caliper bolts ( 4 piston fronts ) being extremely tight/hard to remove and torque back down . Then I see others that do not mention this at all !
If so how did you remove the caliper mounting bolts ?

Spray them with anti-sieze and let them soak for a while.

Spray them with anti-sieze and let them soak for a while.
I’ll be spray everything in the near future just to give it a head start hahaha … ai do need to install the rebuild kits I had for 25 years at some point .. first I’m going to just replace the brakes pads I’ve had forever also as soon as I find my damn piston compressing tools .. I did today when I detailed the wheel and tire try to break loose the pad holding bolt ,, Nope wouldn’t budge ,,, need to spray it since I will be doing the pads in the next few days or so depending if I can find the piston tools .. what’s bad is I saw them less that a month ago hahaha !

If a Daytina wing is put on a 10 does it still have the same downforce as the factory wing?

Is the downforce the same on all three years factory wings even though there are physical differences in them?

I'm not sure of the exact differences but the 05 has a center post I think

If a Daytina wing is put on a 10 does it still have the same downforce as the factory wing?

Is the downforce the same on all three years factory wings even though there are physical differences in them?

I'm not sure of the exact differences but the 05 has a center post I think
The center post is only on the trucks with a tonneau cover

The Daytona wing force is variable as it depends on how many Pigeons are on it when the test is performed.

In other words, zilch.
Hahahaha ! Put popcorn in the bed of the truck and attract more pigeons

I’ll be spray everything in the near future just to give it a head start hahaha … ai do need to install the rebuild kits I had for 25 years at some point .. first I’m going to just replace the brakes pads I’ve had forever also as soon as I find my damn piston compressing tools .. I did today when I detailed the wheel and tire try to break loose the pad holding bolt ,, Nope wouldn’t budge ,,, need to spray it since I will be doing the pads in the next few days or so depending if I can find the piston tools .. what’s bad is I saw them less that a month ago hahaha !
I use a large C clamp and a piece of wood to collapse my caliper piston. Works every time.

Oh okay - so all model years have same wing and all tonneau cover wings have three posts. Right?
Not sure if all did . They may have added the center post ones later on most . I think there was a problem with the non center post ones cracking with the bed cover .. don’t quote me on that but I believe I read that on here ears ago , maybe .

I use a large C clamp and a piece of wood to collapse my caliper piston. Works every time.
I found my caliper compressing tools and my C~clamp finally . What a task that was hahahaha !

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back