Aug 2010 VTCoA Truck of The Month - Vote Now

Special Election - Aug 2010 VTCoA Truck of The Month - Vote Now

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Very outstanding job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
personally I think you did an outstanding job there mr jeff:rock: :rock: :rock:

Yea, however Tony. The TOTM was never and will never be about me, for me or because of me.

The TOTM was solely for the Members of the VTCoA. It was for the Members to enjoy and it was for the Members to brag about and it was for the Members to have something to earn from the other Members of this forum. Being voted as the best from your peers is a really cool thing. Some obtained that and well, unfortunately, some didn't.

The only thing I could do was to maybe try and give the process some meaning. I screwed that up with a bunch of rules because those that had already won wanted to win every month. I should have just been smart and put them on the poll and let the Members decide if they desearved to win again. I tried to get a few sponsors, and the funny part, it wasn't that the sponsors were concerned about giving away free-bees, is what really happened is the Winners, very seldom if ever contacted the sponsors to redeem their winnings. Figure that one out. At that point, it almost got to be a PITA for the sponsors and they started falling away quickly. Thank goodness just about everyone took at least advantage and got a TOTM shirt.

The other funny part is 8+ nominees a month to scrambling to get 3 or 4. Lots of chatter on the nomination threads to mearly nothing...

The TOTM was lost by the Members because the Members didn't care, to the point, patrick didn't care and stopped updated the front page....

At that point, I didn't care and it was done

News Flash
"I DON'T CARE"

Wish I had a picture of Tony's shirt

Lock this thread kill it delete it

The TOTM is dead

Jeff

what is SAD is this...

that there are not more members that are not effected by this, and just dont care... who care more about talkin shit on P&R section then care about the trucks

i just cant beleave we can get people to participate i have always look foward to TOTM and to see new truck on the front page - and the voting lol some time it can be a blast to see some of the members go at it "not saying any names"

well Jeff thats def understood, but I still personally appreciate all the hard work you put into it good sir, but I do understand the frustrations.
all you did was try to make it as fair as possible for everyone to have a chance,
for a member to take time out of his day, with nothing to gain at all, and do this is outstanding, you stand tall in this house my friend:rock:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
well Jeff thats def understood, but I still personally appreciate all the hard work you put into it good sir, but I do understand the frustrations.
all you did was try to make it as fair as possible for everyone to have a chance,
for a member to take time out of his day, with nothing to gain at all, and do this is outstanding, you stand tall in this house my friend:rock:

i agree 100%

I was wondering what was up with TOTM.........Jeff I think you did a hell of a job. It is sad to see it come to an end. I loved to vote, even if I always voted for A BLACK TRUCK!!

Thanks again for your service!

I appreciate the thoughts guys

However, you will notice, not a lot of folks are upset about the TOTM......... I'm not really out anything. I still see my friends here, I have what could be considered the largest collection of Viper Truck photo's on the planet

I don't understand why 150 people didn't stand tall and say this ain't right

We want the TOTM
We wanted Cody on the front page

As you look back over the last month........ What did you see

Ok, before I type something I will regret

Cheers

ViperJeff said:
I appreciate the thoughts guys

However, you will notice, not a lot of folks are upset about the TOTM......... I'm not really out anything. I still see my friends here, I have what could be considered the largest collection of Viper Truck photo's on the planet

I don't understand why 150 people didn't stand tall and say this ain't right

We want the TOTM
We wanted Cody on the front page

As you look back over the last month........ What did you see

Ok, before I type something I will regret

Cheers

Well I must have missed something mate.
I want a TOTM as I wanted to win it lol.
Next time I come to Utah, we'll meet for a beer :) :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Jeff,

you are correct, why didnt people stand up for that was right... Cody Truck should have NEVER been bypassed - should have been on the front page, HE DID WIN !!!!!!! when i asked about it i got the

ya ya ya ya...... reply from a few members - why ? sholdnt we want to see our fellow members on the main page ?

it only take a few min's to update the page, and if noone in admin rights has time or cant get around to it then maybe it should be addressed and talked about, i mean after all we do call our selfs a FAMILY right ?

i am not happy to see TOTM go - to be honest ot pisses me off, and really
pissed me off not to see Cody truck get the respect it deserved ! no Questions asked !!!!!

when i 1st joined this forum i almost left b/c i asked a Question and i was told to use a search button i had to seek advise eles where - and you jeff were the one that helped me till this day i will never forget that, and i thank you for it

as a supporting member - i want to see TOTM

case in point !

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44190&page=2

i noticed the TOTM pic didn't change,but wasn't sure what the problem was:dontknow: i for one love the idea,love looking at the pics and voting.so many different ideas,thats what makes it interesting! what would it take to get it on track again?

SANCHOBA said:
i noticed the TOTM pic didn't change,but wasn't sure what the problem was:dontknow: i for one love the idea,love looking at the pics and voting.so many different ideas,thats what makes it interesting! what would it take to get it on track again?

Just a little bit of volunteer work..... really

The TOTM noms and polls are the hardest part believe it or not. Nominations not so much, but I found with the polls, it makes it more fair if all the pictures are the same size and that can be a PITA, however, very do-able

The other volunteer work would be a commitment from someone with the ability to get that photo on the front page (regardless of how they feel about the winner) in a timely fashion. Me being the ass that I am, I would say by the 3rd of each month, hope, would be the 1st of each month.

Sweet talk a few vendors......

Now for the hard part... participation. I really don't see why a TOTM poll can't or should get 150+ votes a month and quite frankly i wish there was a way to hid the votes until the poll ends (I know that can't happen).

And, then...

Just simple respect for each of the nominations and TOTM contestants

As you, I enjoy seeing what the Members have choosen to represent our Family each month. I've done xOTM polls on Mopar sites, LX forums and other truck forums and hands down, this place had the hardest choice each month. Every truck starts off basically the same, then there's the RC/QC division, the color division and then we are all faced with what makes one truck better than another. Some hold there lines refusing to allow one of those other trucks the acknowledgement of a job well done and others have no problem with placing there vote reguardless of bias. Nothing wrong with any of that, helped make each month entertaining.

Can it get back on track, I don't know. With Bob's new "Super" Powers maybe has and maybe he doesn't have the ability to update the front page.

Chris brought up a good point too. I've always tried to help when I could. People PM me all the time for info (well not so much anymore). I would help them find threads or get them pointed in the right direction. No question is a bad one and if we can help, the worse thing to do is point them to the search button and push someone off the cliff for asking that muffler question for the 10,000th time. I remember when we used to answer that question.....every single time.

I know for someone with my history, this will all sound a bid crazy. I was one of if not the worst offender of off topic, nonsense post, hijacking, ho-ing and just about anything but help poster.

There are lots and lots of new owners. I make a point of letting people know about this place and all the wonderfull knowledge here. I have on a number of occasions had people just email me with there questions. Yes, there are those here that may be as bad as I once was and the comments that are made to me are just sad. Why did I change, emails amd PM's asking me for advice. I did find I had more to offerer than a smart ass remark, a useless video, and article i read on MSN because I'm the only one that see that web site. I know of other people that contact me on a regular basis that will never come back here. Not that they hate trucks or the information is not there, they just don't like the way this place feels (and no, most of them are not on another site and I did not try to get them there). Most of the time, I just tell them to ignor certain people. They have nothing of value to add. Somewhere in the replys will be the answer your looking for, the rest....... who cares

Is this a Great Place, absolutely

Can Member really help other Members... without question

Do I still recommend this place, yes, it's always the first place I tell people about. There are folks on the Registry, that found the Registry first and I told them about this place only. I have no idea if there here or not.

Back on topic.....

Will the TOTM work...... No

I really don't think this place cares enough to allow it to work. In a year or so when the active population has changed enough, yes, it will be something that will work again. There will be enough new people, with new rides, with new modifications and new paint and ... well.... just new. I think people will be excited enough for it to work and work very well.

So remember, we need these things

Participation and just have fun

Get off the pot and vote :toilet: yes.. You!

A Mod or Admin that is commited (and has the access) to being there

Jeff

Last edited:
ViperJeff said:
Can it get back on track, I don't know. With Bob's new "Super" Powers maybe has and maybe he doesn't have the ability to update the front page. I sure he's to busy looking for the next cop shot who or rights violation.
Well Jeff, I don't think that is a very fair thing to say. I never had access to that and couldn't make the changes. No, I don't talk about the trucks anymore, but that's because I haven't had one for a few years now. But that hasn't kept me from spending my time here trying to keep the peace and keep things flowing. Maybe I should have just quit too?

Your right Bob, I edited that part out, I should have just stuck with the Super Moderator question

I may have quit, that was only because what I was doing became null and void, so I quit something that no longer existed and could not tell people they would be on the front page, one thing I try not to do is lie

My apologies on my statement towards you

I am sorry that I could no longer provide anything towards the TOTM

So tell me, should I have kept going knowing that it was just a poll and nothing else

I'm just gonna throw this out there.
Who would one need to contact about volunteering to bring back the TOTM? :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back