Best place to get sct tuner?

Power gains on a QC with a performance tune can be confusing. I have seen many of them drop a full second on a quarter mile ET. That won't come from a 20 peak horsepower increase. But it can with a 70+ ft. Lbs. Increase in TQ. Again NOT a peak increase but it develops under the curve.

Power gains on a QC with a performance tune can be confusing. I have seen many of them drop a full second on a quarter mile ET. That won't come from a 20 peak horsepower increase. But it can with a 70+ ft. Lbs. Increase in TQ. Again NOT a peak increase but it develops under the curve.

And a rc.? alt of the extra power u get is from the tq management system. Is that correct? aren't the gains on the rc a little less noticeable. Remember this owner who is inquiring owns a 2006rc

I just dynoed mine with a 93 tune from torrie, from 3500-5000 rpm i gained 20 hp and about 25 ft lb all the way through the curve and a 12.8 AF 2500-5300 then just slightly rich:rock:

So I'm going to the track and going to dyno end of august... Should I tune now or wait till after so I have a stock base to go off of. As far as mods go intake tune and exhaust will be all im doing. Possibly throttle body... But have exhaust and intake done already... Should I tune then dyno? That way i can dyno with stock tune and then with 93 tune. That would prob make more sense right

just take your sct with ya do a pull stock and the do a pull with your 93 tune

And a rc.? alt of the extra power u get is from the tq management system. Is that correct? aren't the gains on the rc a little less noticeable. Remember this owner who is inquiring owns a 2006rc

Not nearly as much overall difference on a Reg Cab...
TQ Management (Quad Cabs) primarily kills power just before the shifts during w.o.t. operation.
According to Dodge's advertising, the QC was built to fill a demand for guys wanting to tow their Viper cars around. True or not, the tune was WAY conservative to protect the engine; they also added knock sensors. So in an engine that won't tolerate even a small amount of detonation, it was pretty safe (even when towing).

Aggressive spark advance tables affect TQ through the r.p.m. band especially when the cam phases; and just like the REG CABS, the peak power levels are around 20 wheel or so when the performance tune is installed. As mentioned, there is a much larger gain in torque production under the curve.
Quad Cabs run 15.2 to 15.3 around here bone stock without a tune and 14.3 or 14.4 with one, due to that big boost in torque.

So Torrie, DC Performance or whoever you go with, that CAN tune these engines safely, will give you a nice power increase. It is still the best value for an increase in power there is...

Ronnie

Last edited:
The IAT mod is a gehtto fix, used before we had many tuner options. Get the SCT.

I posted a similiar statement on another thread about the resistor mod....it is so out of date......and caused me a lot of headaches when real mods started coming out...caused tunes to be inconsistant...cleared up soon as I removed it....................

But back to what this thread is about....If you get a better tune than Torrie then your engine is a time bomb.....many here found out the hard way.....Torrie's tunes are not only power but safe....and he almost always available..

I was the first here to get tuned by him...saw his ad on another forum on a late Sunday night...sent him an email and hoped to hear back sometime Monday....less than 2 minutes I get an email...

If I get tunes it will absolutely be from him... wouldnt trust any others

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back