beware: wrecked the truck(pics)

ccfeyh said:
... A "LADY" tried to make a right turn from the center lane, hit me and forced me into the large brown object shown in the picture. She also was on the phone, and after the wreck,[she] called me a MF for hitting her.

That's incredible.. how ignorant can you possibly be... i'm working on my temper
now but i still snap if you keep on me enough.. i dono what to say...... i think i would
spit on that womans face... :mad: Man that pisses me off...

Sharpi

ccfeyh said:
Paul asked me to post this picture, this happened April 12, 2007. A "LADY" tried to make a right turn from the center lane, hit me and forced me into the large brown object shown in the picture. She also was on the phone, and after the wreck, called me a MF for hitting her.

I assume you must have been hurting or strapped down when she called you a MFer. I normally wouldn't hit a woman, but good god why are people so stupid.

z-man said:
one more thing guys. i hope slow91 doesnt get upset with me here but he himself is deeply reilgous. ever since he first bought the truck he had a prayer cloth in the truck that was given to him by his mother. after selling the truck he still never removed it. well when we were removing the shifter the ash tray was still open due to the impact knocking it open. there sat the prayer cloth. there was a silence between him and i as he held it up as we both knew what it meant.

That is very cool to hear.I know that God has been watching over me and only a miracle kept me from getting killed when I crashed my "L" doing over 110 mph.Some would say that it was "luck" and God wouldn't help someone breaking the law,but I believe otherwise.He doesn't help us because we are good,but because HE is good.

Some may call you lucky,but I will give God the credit for this one.

Glad you are ok.

jelms said:
I assume you must have been hurting or strapped down when she called you a MFer. I normally wouldn't hit a woman, but good god why are people so stupid.

I'm usually pretty cool about things, usually take the position that crap happens, fix my truck and I'll be a happy camper, but when she said that, I thought to myself, self, I'm going to get me a laywer and sue the pants off you, I am.

I do believe there also was a co-pilot riding with me that day, cause I'm still verticle and probably should have been a lot worse off than I was. All I remember is seeing that pole coming and thinking, This is gonna hurt, then waking up and the first thing out of my mouth was "How's my truck?", but isn't that what all of us would say?????

amtrucker22 said:
How many people have had their airbags deploy? A lot of the accident pictures that I have seen never show the airbags deployed. I know someone did some flips without the side airbags deploying. I know the situation has to be right for these things to deploy just curious if anyone has been in this 'perfect' situation and had them deploy.

Paul

Unfortunately I have been in the situation where they have deployed. Drove home drunk one night, passed out behind the wheel. (long islanders will know this) Took ramp from Southern State to Sunrise HWY, passed out hit concrete divider head on at about 40-50 mph, no seat belt on. Airbag woke me up, I actually must of had my hand on the wheel cuz I punched myself in the face. My seat broke in half, the estimate was $26,000 in damage on an 04 Lincoln LS V8. Didn't have a scratch on me, neither one of these trucks even looks scratched compared to what my car looked like. Next day wife told me she was pregnant with our second!!! Thank GOD everyday for being alive, cuz I should not be.

ccfeyh said:
I'm usually pretty cool about things, usually take the position that crap happens, fix my truck and I'll be a happy camper, but when she said that, I thought to myself, self, I'm going to get me a laywer and sue the pants off you, I am.

I do believe there also was a co-pilot riding with me that day, cause I'm still verticle and probably should have been a lot worse off than I was. All I remember is seeing that pole coming and thinking, This is gonna hurt, then waking up and the first thing out of my mouth was "How's my truck?", but isn't that what all of us would say?????

I might have been like fist can you get to know her face :D

It's good you were not too hurt on this one. Seeing a pole coming up would be beyond scarey for me. I do remember the time I saw a retaining wall coming up to me and was holly crap this is going to hurt like hell. And yes it did hurt.

BurntRubber said:
Unfortunately I have been in the situation where they have deployed. Drove home drunk one night, passed out behind the wheel. (long islanders will know this) Took ramp from Southern State to Sunrise HWY, passed out hit concrete divider head on at about 40-50 mph, no seat belt on. Airbag woke me up, I actually must of had my hand on the wheel cuz I punched myself in the face. My seat broke in half, the estimate was $26,000 in damage on an 04 Lincoln LS V8. Didn't have a scratch on me, neither one of these trucks even looks scratched compared to what my car looked like. Next day wife told me she was pregnant with our second!!! Thank GOD everyday for being alive, cuz I should not be.
I curious about the SRT-10's airbags though. Who has had them deploy on their truck? Almost every post I see someone states that their airbag did not deploy.

BurntRubber said:
Airbag woke me up, I actually must of had my hand on the wheel cuz I punched myself in the face.
Not that the whole situation is funny at all. But I did laugh when you stated you punch yourself in the face :)

A couple of life changing events within 24 hours! I bet you look at life a lot different than most do!

Paul

I am glad your not hurt... but I read somewhere here where they cited you with the wreck...

Let me get this straight...

1. Yes, you were doing above the speed limit... (so what..)
2. She changed lanes with out looking/unsafely.

I would say that you are both at fault here, and I think that you insurance company will agree... my guess is your insurance company will goto bat for you on this one... yes.. the will charge with the wreck.. but they might force her insurance company to take care of her vehicle, and charge her with a accident as well...

Not the best of situations.. but sounds like the cops are hosing you on this one...

I know here in AZ if you get cut off, its the person that cut you off fault... unless you live in Mesa... then they fu*k you sideways... but thats a different story...

amtrucker22 said:
I curious about the SRT-10's airbags though. Who has had them deploy on their truck? Almost every post I see someone states that their airbag did not deploy.

Not that the whole situation is funny at all. But I did laugh when you stated you punch yourself in the face :)

A couple of life changing events within 24 hours! I bet you look at life a lot different than most do!

Paul

Yep broke my knuckle on left hand and had a Black & Blue eye. I laughed at it too. Quite hittin yourself. lol

jelms said:

Yup!!!!! That was an ugly pic, glad you too made it through as well.

patrick

wo, that sucks, hate to see it happen, but like everyone else said, at least ur ok

amtrucker22 said:

Paul

My truck was a rollover when I bought it... None of the airbags deployed nor did the windshield break:dontknow: I drove it at 80mph still wrecked just a little wind noise had a few leaks around the doors and back glass:D

z-man said:
well guys i wrecked the truck today traveling down the beltway when a lady came into my lane and i had to react. i hit the lady lifting her pos off the ground and i have her tire marks on the hood and down the passenger side, the truck then spun i slammed into the wall spun back into the wall a few times and skidded down the wall quite a ways. any ways i was able to walk away with out a scratch. im a little sore though. the cops, wrecker drivers and the emt's were shocked i was able to walk away. here are the pics the ones of the interior are to show that the airbags didnt deploy also my seatbelt never locked as i was bouncing around inside and i was wearing it and perhaps that is one factor that allowed me to walk away. God was my passenger and the angel wing across the bed guys. i was being looked out for.

Thank God your ok... could have been alot worse. God's speed on your recovery.

all i can say is wow and happy you are ok , old red sure aint what she use to be but a good detail shop can hook u up for sure, sorrry for your losss bro

Glad you're alright that wreck looks like it could've been alot worse. I hope everything works out for you. I almost passed out when I realized my truck had been keyed, I don't know how I would react to something like this.

Btw, Before shots for those of you that didn't know this truck.

dscf13632hd.jpg

srt10003dk3.jpg

dscf13929sz.jpg

I decided to take a couple of pics myself.

dscf1775nh9.jpg

dscf1774nb7.jpg

Notice how the wing survived.....I think it kept the back section of the truck together.

Last edited:
Damn, I think I'm gonna throw up - Jesus, Mary and Joseph - have mercy - well, I guess they did.

Hey man your with us and frankly - that's all that matters in the end

However - someone calls me a MF after they pretty much total my pristine ride?? sorry some brown stuff will fly most assuredly :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back