BigRed460's build thread

well with that being said , the trucker picked up my truck and i'm spending 15k, having it done by todd abrams over at a&c performance , heard awesome good things and talking with him, he knows his shit!!!!!, stage 3 heads , forging the bottom end, k1 billet rods,all the best parts , and it will be a killer motor.new centerforce clutch and fidannza flywheel, larger manley valves, awesome build.

Todd is a great guy and the right one for the job!

i will run that by him on a spec clutch,and see what he says,he will do video's and pics,as the build gets on the way, also a couple of dyno pulls before and after, fully confident on his ability to build an awesome motor!!!!!!!!! can't wait.

i will run that by him on a spec clutch,and see what he says,he will do video's and pics,as the build gets on the way, also a couple of dyno pulls before and after, fully confident on his ability to build an awesome motor!!!!!!!!! can't wait.
You should start your own build thread :)

Saw your wanted post, what did they end up deciding was the problem?

lol they are trying to blame it on oil contamination, they are saying the oil has some sort of grit in it. I told them thats the cylnder walls the pistons were scrapping. I have the oil I pulled out of it, only thing in it is metal. I was correct, no usable parts left in the motor. I have the most expensive coffee table ever...

lol they are trying to blame it on oil contamination, they are saying the oil has some sort of grit in it. I told them thats the cylnder walls the pistons were scrapping. I have the oil I pulled out of it, only thing in it is metal. I was correct, no usable parts left in the motor. I have the most expensive coffee table ever...
Ready to name the builder yet?

Id run his name through hell after paying 15k for a massive paper weight.
Bro, this isn't just any paperweight. It's an all aluminum paperweight, with forged internals. In other words, it's the coolest paperweight on the planet. And having the coolest anything, even paperweights, costs money.

Bro, this isn't just any paperweight. It's an all aluminum paperweight, with forged internals. In other words, it's the coolest paperweight on the planet. And having the coolest anything, even paperweights, costs money.

...you brought a smile to my face thanks! I will name them, I need my paper weight back first.

I have a really cool spark plug heat sheild with ralph gilles signature to add to my paper weight.

...you brought a smile to my face thanks! I will name them, I need my paper weight back first.

I have a really cool spark plug heat sheild with ralph gilles signature to add to my paper weight.

So the block is complete scrap? No more room for a bigger bore?

So the block is complete scrap? No more room for a bigger bore?

I'll post some pics when I get it back, the only way I can describe the damage is if you put a bag of sand in the oil and let her run for a few hours. Everything in the motor is scratched and groved.

I am really looking at some odd options right now, not sure whats gonna happen. A carbureted v-8 has been brought up, that would make for a cool truck.

I'll post some pics when I get it back, the only way I can describe the damage is if you put a bag of sand in the oil and let her run for a few hours. Everything in the motor is scratched and groved.

I am really looking at some odd options right now, not sure whats gonna happen. A carbureted v-8 has been brought up, that would make for a cool truck.

Sorry to hear about the amount of damage to the block.

as for your v8 swap idea

Better yet an aluminum 468ci Hemi just found one in the garage :vroam:

Wow, so hard to fathom bro. Really hope something awesome comes from those guys other than the "coolest coffe table in the world" which honestly I'd bet someone would purchase from you, lol.
I still personally say stay V-10 Viper be side of your truck's heritage. Otherwise get ya a Daytona or Rumble Bee to put your carber V-8 into.
Good luck on whatever you decide and I know it'll be badass! :beerglass:

You silly Hemi guys, why 468 when he had 520+? Lol

Because 468 is about as for as you can stretch a 3rd gen aluminum block hemi;)

However 05 srt 10 short block 5183854AA looks to only cost about 8500+core (JUST A QUICK LOOK.)

there is a 655ci indy motor in my uncle garage, 14:1 compresion 1,050 hp n/a @ 7500 rpm. It's has about 10 miles on it. Runs on c-16...

Do it!:D

Last edited:
I have a 520+ cube indy headed jessel valve train wedge motor with 8 passes on it for trade...solid 60-70s dodge pickup, first gen cummins ram..im not gunna get half what i have in it so id rather trade...made 875 on a mopar single plane intake and a 1000 cfm dominator...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back