BigRed460's build thread

You pulled yours and sent it in and they are already done?! Still doing the big bore sleeves?

You pulled yours and sent it in and they are already done?! Still doing the big bore sleeves?
Yep re-sleeved, I paid up front before I pulled the first bolt out of mine. Money talks, and I let them use their preferred parts(piston and rods brand) and they have a good working relationship with callies and je. Custom pistons only took two weeks. I know they hate when someone buy some rotating assembly of the web.

All the threads I read said be ready to spend twice and take twice as long as much as you planned, that seems to only be half right. If you get you ducks in a row you can have the motor done in a month.

Last edited:
Wow that was quick, what bore did you end up with 4.125"?
close i think the exact #'s are 4.123 x 4.006. I want to leave rrom to bore next time I rebuild. I will only be gaining 25-30 ci and about the same in hp. Maybe 550rwhp with the cam and stuff... Not exactly good bang for your buck, but the motor should last.

Until you decide to do the heads later, with the larger bore you could stuff a giant set of valves in the heads:rock:

Until you decide to do the heads later, with the larger bore you could stuff a giant set of valves in the heads:rock:
Thats why I did the smallest bore I can, rebuild once I get tired of this power level. Some nice custom Gen4 heads and intake w/ coil on plug would be next. I just need some winning power ball #'s lol

One of these days I'll win the lotto, but I guess I need to start playing to increase my chances

Houston we have a motor... A week and a day late.

Attachments

• IMG_20131008_172535_128.jpg
    IMG_20131008_172535_128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_20131008_172543_653.jpg
    IMG_20131008_172543_653.jpg
    882.4 KB · Views: 91
  • ResizedImage_1381274985132.jpg
    ResizedImage_1381274985132.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
Nice, how much more work you plan to do to the engine bay before starting to put it back together?

Nice, how much more work you plan to do to the engine bay before starting to put it back together?

Its done, painted and all my nitrous wiring is cleaned up. I need a lift, I didn't want to rent it till had the motor back. Tomorrow starts a mad dash to this thing in. I need to have the block, tranny, and drive shaft back in by Friday. I have to go out of town on business Friday till Sunday then I have Monday off. With any luck she will fire up Monday, not sure yet I might have to leave the intake off.

picture of head studs, assembly lube, aem wideband, and a crank bolt from hell. summit racing got me for 650 this time...

Attachments

• IMG_20131008_182903_820.jpg
    IMG_20131008_182903_820.jpg
    877 KB · Views: 70
Wow that's an ambitious time table

I leave for the mile in two weeks, I don't have a choice. It's time to burn the midnight oil.

I have to be in Austin Friday night till late Saturday afternoon. I was suppose to be off for my b-day Saturday.

I LOVE THREADS LIKE THIS!!! Although it makes me jealous lol! I'm sorry if I missed it but how much are you planning on spraying?

sweet:rock::rock::rock:

question, $1300 for push tubes??? i did not know that gold was good for engine parts:D

I LOVE THREADS LIKE THIS!!! Although it makes me jealous lol! I'm sorry if I missed it but how much are you planning on spraying?

400ish

sweet:rock::rock::rock:

question, $1300 for push tubes??? i did not know that gold was good for engine parts:D

1300 for cam, springs, seals... jmb justins kit he sells.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back