Billy Boat Headers

Chewbacca,, so when you ordered those mids, did you request the extra O2 bung? So if the headers have a set of Bungs and the midpipes have 2 sets with an extra, I should be covered. So the first set of O2s go in the headers and the rear set of O2s goes in the far rear set of bungs in the midpipes. That would leave the front set of bungs in the midpipes for left and right bank wideband O2s. Or should the narrow bands go in the front bungs of the mids and the wides go in the headers?

Thanks for the write up Pete.

Not to step in front of Pete but I'm confused. There should be one bung in each header, and one bung in each midpipe, for a total of four. Damn, being that it's Friday and all this talk of bungholes I sure hope somebody posts in the Friday Ass thread!

Not to step in front of Pete but I'm confused. There should be one bung in each header, and one bung in each midpipe, for a total of four. Damn, being that it's Friday and all this talk of bungholes I sure hope somebody posts in the Friday Ass thread!

Dude, did we just become best friends??? :)

I'm going to have an extra bung welded in. The set came with 4 total.

Like I mentioned in another post and realizing I may have been cursed by The Header Gods decades ago:
BUT I HAVE NEVER EVER HAD A SET OF HEADERS "JUST BOLT RIGHT IN" from ANY manufacturer, regardless of price.

Well for around $1500 our ceramic coated, one piece flanged Belangers slide right in and bolt right up. Every time! 04's, 06's, no problem. No removing steering coupling, no dents, none of that :)
I hate removing the manifolds, that's my bitch. Lmao:burnout:

If you look at the pictures from Chewbacca's link. Those catless midpipes have 5 bungholes :drool:

Chewbacca,, so when you ordered those mids, did you request the extra O2 bung? So if the headers have a set of Bungs and the midpipes have 2 sets with an extra, I should be covered. So the first set of O2s go in the headers and the rear set of O2s goes in the far rear set of bungs in the midpipes. That would leave the front set of bungs in the midpipes for left and right bank wideband O2s. Or should the narrow bands go in the front bungs of the mids and the wides go in the headers?

TGIF! My head is spinning from work, staying up to 3am working, then getting to office by 6:30am the last couple days. Had to think about this for a second...

When I ordered, I DID ask to have the extra bung welded in for my gauge. These mids are for attaching to stock manifolds. I assume that when you buy mids that attach to their headers, they won't weld in as many bungs since they are already located in the headers/collector.

For a minute I thought maybe my manifolds had the O2 sensor and freaked!

Well for around $1500 our ceramic coated, one piece flanged Belangers slide right in and bolt right up. Every time! 04's, 06's, no problem. No removing steering coupling, no dents, none of that :)
I hate removing the manifolds, that's my bitch. Lmao:burnout:

I'll have to take your word for it but I'll likely keep the B&B setup until it turns to dust.

had Hedman, Hooker and Dynomax headers on big block mopars and every one of them had to be "adjusted" for the starter and steering linkage. even had to damage the Dynomax ones after having them Jet Hot coated which was really depressing.

put Belangers on Zilla with absolutely no problems, take off tire and fender liners and its a breeze, no starter or steering linkage or flange issues

I just got mine fitted this weekend.

A guy at work tig welded the extra bung in the center of the collector on the same plane as the original (higher up the manifolds) - if that makes sense......I snapped a pic if you need it.

I used the stud method to line everything up, a couple were slightly out, but nothing either a pry bar or pulling the pipe down wouldn't fix.

All in all not as big of a pita as I was thinking - certainly not as bad as the three bolts on the original manifolds to cats.....they were a chore on both sides!

I just got mine fitted this weekend.

All in all not as big of a pita as I was thinking - certainly not as bad as the three bolts on the original manifolds to cats.....they were a chore on both sides!

The studs make a world of difference.

I had to cut those bolts off with my plasma cutter. They were a real pain!

I also did my exhaust this weekend. The driver side went right in no issues with mounting, but the steering knuckle hits the pipes. I cut the bolt down, but still not enough clearance. It turns free up in the air, but when I took it for a drive, I felt it hit a little. The passenger side was a pain in ass. leading and trailing pipes were tweeked a little. I started in the front and worked my way back. When I got the end, I realized I should have come from the back to the front. The catless mids went in ok. The QC extension went in ok. The muffler missed the factory mounts by a MILE, I mean not even close. I had to modify all three muffler mounts and move one mount on the truck. The tips ended up a little crooked, so I still need to address that. I'm not sure if I can loosen all the joints and twist them and retighten, or if the muffler brackets will need slight mod. Its not bad, about an 1/8 inch out of horizontal. All in All it sounds really good, but the overall craftsmanship and fitment of the product was no way near what I expected for the PRICE!! I WILL be calling Billy Boat about my disappointment of this product. My guess is they don't sell enough of them to give a crap.

I also did my exhaust this weekend. The driver side went right in no issues with mounting, but the steering knuckle hits the pipes. I cut the bolt down, but still not enough clearance. It turns free up in the air, but when I took it for a drive, I felt it hit a little. The passenger side was a pain in ass. leading and trailing pipes were tweeked a little. I started in the front and worked my way back. When I got the end, I realized I should have come from the back to the front. The catless mids went in ok. The QC extension went in ok. The muffler missed the factory mounts by a MILE, I mean not even close. I had to modify all three muffler mounts and move one mount on the truck. The tips ended up a little crooked, so I still need to address that. I'm not sure if I can loosen all the joints and twist them and retighten, or if the muffler brackets will need slight mod. Its not bad, about an 1/8 inch out of horizontal. All in All it sounds really good, but the overall craftsmanship and fitment of the product was no way near what I expected for the PRICE!! I WILL be calling Billy Boat about my disappointment of this product. My guess is they don't sell enough of them to give a crap.

So I found the whole exhaust to be a little troublesome to line up - the QC extensions have to be rotated just right otherwise the muffler isn't aligned & the system doesn't sit forward enough on the mounts (same with the over axle pipes).

I left everything loose & antiseized the joints.....but I think I could still do slightly better (the tips are sitting off to one side slightly)......but by that time I was beat, so it was good enough.

I might tweak the pipes over the rear axle slightly to push it over slightly - but no issues with mount alignment on mine.

So I found the whole exhaust to be a little troublesome to line up - the QC extensions have to be rotated just right otherwise the muffler isn't aligned & the system doesn't sit forward enough on the mounts (same with the over axle pipes).

I left everything loose & antiseized the joints.....but I think I could still do slightly better (the tips are sitting off to one side slightly)......but by that time I was beat, so it was good enough.

I might tweak the pipes over the rear axle slightly to push it over slightly - but no issues with mount alignment on mine.

My muffler mounts weren't just slightly off,,,they were way off. On the rear muffler mounts. They were 5 inches away from the truck mounts,,plus there was only truck mount in that area,,,I had to cut the side mount off the truck and move back to frame pipe..then I had to cut muffler brackets and shorten and move forward. The fron side mount fell between the two truck mounts on the side. So I had to change the offset and shorten the length.

Mine was cut off from a RC truck.

Everything bolted to the engine just fine.

it is surprising that you had those issues.

Now I am having second thoughts about using this exhaust. They want a hefty price which is fine if it's perfect, those issues would annoy the hell out of me. Glad it sounds good though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the steering connector bolt.
The end had to be cut off the bolt and then the area still had to be ground down a bit so it wouldn't hit the pipe anymore.
My system still used flanges under the truck as I bought everything but the headers a number of years ago. As the flanges are no longer used by B&B, I had to have my original flanges cut off and welded onto the new pipes so they would bolt to the muffler.

(See Post #11)

I still love the B&B sound though and wouldn't want any other exhaust system on my personal truck.
I still get a lot of compliments on the sound.

My neighbor asked me "Who did your mufflers"?
That's really hard to give a short answer to!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back