Billy boat or magnaflow???

blazinsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So which one. Is it worth double the cost? Ive listened to tons of vids but there is really only one good billy boat clip and it sounds awesome!!! The magnaflow seems to sound like it does on every other car or truck that has it. I want the what the hell was that when I get on it :burnout: I will only be doing a catback for now.

I have the magnaflow, it sounds nice. With that being said the one that came on mytruck was blown out in less than 40,000 miles. Creative warranty coverage is the only reason I have another one. The billy boat sounds hot. SRT2SLOW did 2 magnaflow tubes plus an x pipe. Sounds pretty awesome search it out it maybe more cost effective.

When I bought my 06 it had a Magnaflow. Pulled it off and put B&B on it. Sounded better than any other trucks I have heard hands down.
I wanted to put a B&B on the 04, but never got around to it. Now thinking about selling so it won't get done.

Whatever direction you decide, you'll be happy with the sound.

I did the magnaflow w/out cats and jmb mids. Cost effective and sounds good imo. Haven't heard the billy boat in person in our trucks yet tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So which one. Is it worth double the cost? Ive listened to tons of vids but there is really only one good billy boat clip and it sounds awesome!!! The magnaflow seems to sound like it does on every other car or truck that has it. I want the what the hell was that when I get on it :burnout: I will only be doing a catback for now.

As long as you stay away from that Venomous bullshit you'll be ok, unless you want to pay for something you can do yourself. go with a trusted name. Don't get bit by our Resident hack.

I have Billyboat longtubes with highflow cats- and a magnaflow cat back.

The sound is incredible. I wish my Viper sounded as good as my truck.

Well so far the consensus is Billy Boat FTW..

No I will not be buying the snake bite exhaust. It is not a complete enough kit for me. 2 (unknown brand) mufflers and a jegs x-pipe is not an exhaust system.

I also vote B&B. Although if you are going to entertain Magnaflow think outside the box. Magnaflow has some race style mufflers that sound pretty good but you would have to have a custom exhaust built to incorporate them. I've already been thinking of doing this just to try something different, which is the normal for me. I'll try to see if I can find the ones I was looking into and post a link.

Crap.... Not exactly what I was trying to accomplish. Follow that link then go to the race mufflers and go into the 6" round. Good luck whatever you choose!

When I bought my 06 it had a Magnaflow. Pulled it off and put B&B on it. Sounded better than any other trucks I have heard hands down.
I wanted to put a B&B on the 04, but never got around to it. Now thinking about selling so it won't get done.

Damn... You have it listed? PM me details if you wish

I've had B&B installed since my truck was a year old. I added headers a couple of years back and they were an ill-fitting P.I.T.A. to install.

I also use their HF cats (personally wouldn't run a vehicle without).

No droning AT ANY R.P.M. (or load); no cheap popping or other irritating sounds on decell.

Engine makes good power (TQ and HP), revs freely and gets good mileage.

No regrets.

B&B provides a unique sound on the V-10 and I get lots of compliments (especially regarding the cam-lope at idle). :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back