Blackviper Engine Build

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
its all in the way its tuned, like twins the power comes on smoothly, and very tractible, and thats why I shy most away from going with big hp numbers for the street, its jsut not very usable, and can get you in trouble real quick.

I ran around 700 most of the time and it was really too much, you have to be careful with the pedal or run up someones bumper easily.

like eddies, it will prob make pretty good numbers over 1000 easily, but will prob set him at around the 650 or so mark for the street.

I like the way black viper is approaching his, taking his tiem and doing it step by step, and with the roe he still has great driveablility, most should take notes from his build.
some things are more than what most will ever do , but he has done a kick butt job and alot of homework on his:rock:

its def one of the nicest builds on the forum

Yea thats why i decided to go the route that i'm going...i can't see myself needing or wanting over 600hp for the street....after i get close to that i will be looking into getting a car;) ....Preferably in the 05+ Porsche 911 turbo family! Most likely silver:D

To hell with a 14-71, go all out with at 16v-149!

Jorge, i hope your trans goes well. Dusty is a hell of a guy. I'm going to see if he will build my 727 for my 493 build.

SANTEEN said:
George,
What kind of price are yopu looking at for the tranny from Dusty? And what all is included?

It's a bit over 3,000 shipped with billet TC. It has all of his personal touches with tony's suggestions for spinning higher rpms. look up dusty hts transmissions on google. Lots O praise.

george, jsut got the results from an overseas customer....................................................778 rwhp with a roe:rock: :rock:

will post up pics and dyno in a little:)

Tony, RC or QC and what are the details of the build?

Last edited:
Jay, my trans will cost a bit more than that. It will have all of Dusty's goodies. Billet triple disc converter with a 2500 stall speed, billet input, intermediate and output shafts, and his race valvebody. Hopefully, it will be bullit proof and hold everything I can throw at it. I want to do this right the first time.

Tony, it looks like a regular Roe setup, stock pulley and no extra idlers. It has the 48lbs injectors and no fuel system to support that kind of horsepower unless he is spraying. We also know that a twin 67mm bore throttle body will not flow enough air.

Last edited:
blackviper said:
Tony, it looks like a regular Roe setup. It has the 48lbs injectors and no fuel system to support that kind of horsepower unless he is spraying. We also know the stock throttle body will not flow enough air.
I knwo he has the BBK, but that is jsut hte info or the graph he sent me, seems pretty dang strong tho

Even with the BBK. It's still only twin 67mm bores. Definitely strong numbers but the torque should be higher.

I was playing around with the Venom Hood today. What do you guys think? Should I go with the combination of the Yellow Fever hood decal and the decals on the vents or should I do one or the other? This is a bit complicated because no one has a template for Tony's hood.

CIMG0066.jpg

CIMG0067.jpg

CIMG0068.jpg

CIMG0069.jpg

CIMG0070.jpg

CIMG0072.jpg

CIMG0073.jpg

CIMG0074.jpg

I almost agree with viper (scary:D )

the truck looks sweet the way it is, if anything maybe some very light thin pinstripping to do highlights?
\

or maybe a very light dusting of a color like the 06 grey with a marble type look if you want to do the scoop and areas?

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
BUT I would scoot some of those cans on the shelf back a little before they fall off and hit the truck there jorge:p

Looks like the red spray paint is ready to make a jump for it.

I also vote leave it alone :D

I was thinking of having them made in Mineral gray. The actual vent decals are already done. They fade from clear (so the black pops through) to silver. They are only a preliminary set. The hood is just a template. No one has actually done any decals for the Venom hood that I'm aware of. Is anyone with a Venom hood close to Steve (SLH Motorsports) in Fayetteville, Arkansas?

Northwest Arkansas Sign Shop
2028 N. Shiloh Dr.
Fayetteville, AR 72704
nwasignshop.com

It would be nice if someone can take their truck over to him for mock-up. This is all up in the air as I'm still undecided.

I'm also using one of the artists that work with Truckin Magazine to create several renditions of the truck. I would eventually like to have it wrapped just to change it up.

By the way, the cans are about 2 feet away from the truck and no one goes in there but me. You guys don't miss any details. LOL!

Thanks Tony, Let me know when you talk to him.

Last edited:
Hey Jorge,I think your hood cowl and vents would look very sweet in flat black,it wouldn't jump out, but still highlight it a bit:rock:

The grey,like on your hood emblem would also look good too!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back