Blackviper Engine Build

blackviper said:
Prof, I don't believe he is a vendor. I'll give him a call today and see if he is willing to become one and detail the build of my transmission.
I just told the wife last night, that this at the top of my list. Will probably be calling Dusty within the next few months.

After much discussion, particularly with Accufab and PSE, it seems that any of the available throttle bodies (stock, X-metal or Roe) will not flow enough air to properly feed the TS blower at higher boost levels. Based on the calculations done by Accufab, the X-metal throttle body will flow a maximum of 1550 to 1600 CFMs. About enough to make a touch over 700 RWHP. With that said, anyone running a Roe with the diverter plates and or a monobalde throttle body will either be restricted by the diverter plates (the maximum flow on them is 1700 CFMs) or the throttle body. Remember, we are pulling rather than pushing air as would a centrifical blower or a turbo charger. So tomorrow, I will be ordering the Accufab Monoblade throttle body made for the Ford GT and adapting it to the Roe plenum and the stock linkage. The throttle body flows 2090 CFMs. Kenne Bell sells the massive air filter to match the throttle body. My only restriction after these changes will be the intercooler cores and they each flow 1000 CFMs.

As a side note and for those that remember, this is why 700hpOdessy was probably measuring 2 inches of vacuum at the filter side of the throttle body and maxed out at just over 700 RWHP even with the diverter plates removed.

In addition, I will also be ordering Dusty's fully built, billet transmission tomorrow. As per the Prof's request, I will ask him to document the details on my build thread.

Last edited:
I have almost 1400 miles on my tranny,with the parts from Dusty Hawk-HTS Transmissions and its holding up perfectly!!

More excellent info Jorge!

man it takes alot of stuff to squeeze hp out of that little blower.....you should have just adapted a 14-71 on there would a saved alot of money

Do you think it will fit...there is precious little room under the hood, and none at the firewall with the Roe.

man it takes alot of stuff to squeeze hp out of that little blower.....you should have just adapted a 14-71 on there would a saved alot of money

I agree Dom. I keep telling myself the same thing. The transmission is a must and we knew there was going to be a restriction somewhere since we're pulling air in. If I can't get to the number I'm thinking of, plan b is already in place.

I'm still a firm believer that I can get 800 to 850 rwhp out of it. If so, I'll be happy and the nitrous will be a bonus.

Do you think it will fit...there is precious little room under the hood, and none at the firewall with the Roe.

I don't think so but a 4 litre rear entry Whipple would and has already been discussed as an option.

blackviper said:
I agree Dom. I keep telling myself the same thing. The transmission is a must and we knew there was going to be a restriction somewhere since we're pulling air in. If I can't get to the number I'm thinking of, plan b is already in place.

I'm still a firm believer that I can get 800 to 850 rwhp out of it. If so, I'll be happy and the nitrous will be a bonus.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

George,
What kind of price are yopu looking at for the tranny from Dusty? And what all is included?

SANTEEN said:
George,
What kind of price are yopu looking at for the tranny from Dusty? And what all is included?

I wondered the same thing but was waiting to ask! Iv'e talked to Dusty about a build but i had to wait because i wasn't sure what direction i wanted to go in....Now i know but i'll wait to get back before i do anything to the tranny.....

Prof said:

Hogan's can fab one that would move a XX-71 blower forward.

Kind of silly though. You get to this level, and turbos make way more sense.;)

505'sFastestViper. said:
or just one ;) ;) ;)

how much rwhp does your truck make on just one turbo no nos or ne thing like that no chiller or meth nada just motor and turbo ?

VIPER said:
how much rwhp does your truck make on just one turbo no nos or ne thing like that no chiller or meth nada just motor and turbo ?
i have not sprayed my truck yet but it will not be a power adder we will simply be using it to spool the turbo up.....it is only tuned for meth.....on 91 octance and meth it makes over 1000 to the wheel ....on race gas and meth it made 1365 t the wheel

505'sFastestViper. said:
i have not sprayed my truck yet but it will not be a power adder we will simply be using it to spool the turbo up.....it is only tuned for meth.....on 91 octance and meth it makes over 1000 to the wheel ....on race gas and meth it made 1365 t the wheel

Thats just ridiculous! A friend of mine has a twin turbo 10 and from what he tells me i can't see it even being fun to drive on the street...I guess i'll find out in a couple months....

Troy's QC SRT said:
Thats just ridiculous! A friend of mine has a twin turbo 10 and from what he tells me i can't see it even being fun to drive on the street...I guess i'll find out in a couple months....
its all in the way its tuned, like twins the power comes on smoothly, and very tractible, and thats why I shy most away from going with big hp numbers for the street, its jsut not very usable, and can get you in trouble real quick.

I ran around 700 most of the time and it was really too much, you have to be careful with the pedal or run up someones bumper easily.

like eddies, it will prob make pretty good numbers over 1000 easily, but will prob set him at around the 650 or so mark for the street.

I like the way black viper is approaching his, taking his tiem and doing it step by step, and with the roe he still has great driveablility, most should take notes from his build.
some things are more than what most will ever do , but he has done a kick butt job and alot of homework on his:rock:

its def one of the nicest builds on the forum

mine is around 8 lbs on the street like 750 hp or so ...and it will still shake the big slicks loose at a hundred..... but you can never have enough hp....and eddies will be cool...when its done ... im guessing 2012 or maybe later

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back