Blackviper Engine Build

Troy's QC SRT said:
Thats just ridiculous! A friend of mine has a twin turbo 10 and from what he tells me i can't see it even being fun to drive on the street...I guess i'll find out in a couple months....

I'm guessing he hasn't gone with the Pectel ECU yet.;)

Rode in a TT Viper equipped with it. You can just mash the throttle, and the computer pulls just enough timing to keep it hooked up. Damn near as easy to drive as a Vette.:p

Ram From Hell said:
I'm guessing he hasn't gone with the Pectel ECU yet.;)

Rode in a TT Viper equipped with it. You can just mash the throttle, and the computer pulls just enough timing to keep it hooked up. Damn near as easy to drive as a Vette.:p

He's still getting a few things worked out so it's not 100% ready to go yet but it should be soon. I havn't even sen it yet since he got it while i was deployed.......He's not big into the forums but when i get back i will take some pics of it and post them:burnout:

Very nice build :congrats: one thing I didn't see is where abouts you mounted the w/m nozzle and the nitrous nozzles.

hey bud - are you running a dry shot or a wet shot with the roe ?

blackviper said:
It's a wet shot. Talk to Justin. He has different kits available.

nah im good - i was just wondering what ppl with Roe's and NOS are running

thanks,

Chris

The new throttle body arrived. Man this thing is huge. The actual opening measures 6 1/2" wide by 3" tall. I would speculate it's 33% larger that the X-Metal one I'm currently using. It's rated at 2090 CFMs. As a scale, I placed the TB on a binder that measures 12" by 9" for the pictures. I'm still wating on the new CAI tube that Justin is going to make for me, the massive Kenne Bell filter, and the Ford TPS. This new setup should let the Lysholm breath to its full potential and then some.

CIMG0075-1.jpg

CIMG0078-2.jpg

CIMG0077.jpg

CIMG0075.jpg

Last edited:
Would your TB see any better gains than the X-metal or BBK for us regular N/A guys?

I wouldn't think so. If I'm not mistaken, you'll gain anywhere from 5 to 10 rwhp with either the Roe, X-Metal or BBK TBs. The TB I'm using would be overkill.

blackviper said:
I wouldn't think so. If I'm not mistaken, you'll gain anywhere from 5 to 10 rwhp with either the Roe, X-Metal or BBK TBs. The TB I'm using would be overkill.

Thats what i was thinking but i just wanted to make sure:rock:

Well, I for one will be watching this to see your results. I just may have to up the anty.

I'll keep everyone posted. I'm sure it will be a few weeks before I get it on the truck.

So far 678 rwhp SAE at 3700 rpm. I'm still working on the tune, having transmission problems and running out of air. I should be installing the trans next week and the new TB and cold air intake in the week to follow. Then we'll go at the tune again. I still feel the X-metal TB and my current CAI are being restrictive and not letting the Lysholm breath.

Update. The trans was shipped Tuesday, I should have it in next week. Still working on an adapter plate for the new throttle body and then it's off to Justin for the CAI.

your box is full buddy but been in a machine shop workign on a summin summin, but dont have what you need bud, only got one from a customer I am working on, sorry I cant help:eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back