Blackviper Engine Build

2500 stall. It doesn't bang through the gears under normal driving but then again, I told him I didn't want it to do that. I have yet to test it at wide open throttle. That may change the shift characteristics because of the line pressure. The triple disc converter does lock out aggressively.

Well the weather dried out and I got a chance to take the truck out for about 20 miles going through all the gears. I gotta say the transmission shifts are smoother than the stock one, but firmer and faster. That's the best I can describe it. There is absolutely no slippage in between gears. The truck lights up the tires shifting into second and third effortlessly. It feels like a completely different animal. I'm almost certain there is a lot less power loss now with the new transmission.

On another note, I got back home and popped the hood to check for any leaks as I usually do to find no visible oil in the supercharger's sight glass. Not good. Anyone know what weight oil the supercharger takes? I believe it's Castrol straight 50 weight. I hope and pray that spinning the supercharger so fast did not blow out the seals. I guess I'll find out once I add some oil and see what it does.

Last edited:
The insructions on mine said use castrol 5w50synthetic

Well I went out again to the truck to start removing the plenum and the supercharger oil was back at half way up the sight glass. That's a relief.

I was also able to get the plenum off without having to remove the supercharger. It took me 4 hours including the time to modify some tools. It was a bear. I'm not sure I'll be able to get the new plenum back on without lowering the engine to make some additional room.

In any event, I've attached some pictures of both the X-Metal T/B and the new Accufab T/B side by side as well as the front plate of the original plenum and the back side of the new T/B for comparison. I'll be shipping everything to Justin tomorrow or Tuesday. The new plenum will be 8 inches wide vs. the original 6 inches to accommodate the massive T/B and the CAI intake tube will be made up of 4.5 inch diameter tubing vs. Justin's original 4 inch.

Hopefully, this will uncork the inlet restriction and make somewhere between 50 to 70 rwhp more. My calculations are based on the fact that each inch of vacuum on the air filter side of the T/B equates to about 25 to 35 rwhp. As 700hpodyssey previously posted, he measured 2 inches of vacuum on the air filter side of the T/B during his tuning session. What I can't confirm is the size of the pulley he was using. I don't think he attepted to spin the S/C as hard as I am but maybe he'll chime and clarify.

tb1.jpg

tb3.jpg

tb4.jpg

plenumoff.jpg

Last edited:
So George after you do all this R&D and if it all turns out good and you make 800rwhp are the guys with the Roe's going to have some options?:dontknow:I'm sure it will spark alot of interest with the Roe guys if the parts you used could be reproduced!:rock:

would the inlet size on the blower itself still be a bottle neck though?? or is it already larger than the TB?

Kyle, everything will be available through all the vendors I've dealt with or anyone willing to ask. I won't be holding out any information. I'm sure there are better options out there and if I had to do it all again, I would probably go with Justin's Procharger kit.

The inlet size of the blower is a bit smaller than the throttle body but not by much. My main concern is giving it all the air it can take rather than have it cavitate or create a vacuum out side the throttle body.

would the inlet size on the blower itself still be a bottle neck though?? or is it already larger than the TB

Here is some more information. I took the measurements this morning of the blower inlet and compared it to the new T/B's outlet and here is what I found. The blower inlet is 4 3/4 inches by 4 3/4 inches and the new T/B's outlet is 6 3/4 inches wide by 3 1/2 inches in height.

So now lets compare surface area.

The blower inlet measures 22.56 square inches vs. the T/B's outlet measurement of 23.63 inches. As you can see, they are pretty closely matched. Obviously, having the opening of the T/B outlet larger is always better.

blackviper said:
Here are some pics of a few more details.

Nitrouspurge2.jpg

Nitrouspurge1.jpg

Idlers2.jpg

Idlers1.jpg

Hey Jorge,what size belt are you running with the two extra idler pullies? I am running a 95" one and am going to install the extra idlers right away. Thanks .:rock:

I'm pretty sure it's 97.5 inches but will check when I get to the office. I change a lot of things to accommodate that length.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back